Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Thread

vCash

Re: 2019 NFL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    Got Baltimore on my Pro Line ticket today. We'll see if that jinxes them.
    Bills aren't a bad team....
    I can't believe Denver is hammering Houston
    I should stick to betting college football and basketball

- - - Updated - - -

Got Baltimore on my Pro Line ticket today. We'll see if that jinxes them.
    Bills aren't a bad team....
    I can't believe Denver is hammering Houston
    I should stick to betting college football and basketball
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Bills are hanging on, but Baltimore just looks too strong. I still am not sold on Jackson's throwing ability, especially 20 yards down the field.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

It's not that I've gotten older, kids. Your music really DOES suck!

vCash

Refs are gifting this game to the Ravens. Works for my ProLine ticket. LOL! But jeebus! Soft RTP against the Bills and horrible missed PI against the Ravens. It's like I'm watching the CFL FFS!
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

Good thing Josh Allen is so inaccurate. That's gonna win this thing for me. The Bills' defense definitely watched a lot of Jackson on film this week. They've shown how to limit him. Pats will be reviewing this game film. A lot.

- - - Updated - - -

...aaaaaand there's the makeup call for the missed PI that the Ravens got away with earlier.

vCash

95 points in the SF win that kills my ProLine ticket. ****!

vCash

3 DownNation reporting Dallas has released former CFL kicker Brett Maher. Has missed a league best 10 FG's and hitting at 67 % . Was making $ 570,000. Certainly no pressure playing in Dallas. Maher did a super job in the CFL as a punter & PK.

vCash

Tough for him...he also hit some of the longest FG's in NFL history. I guess reliability wins out over virtuosity.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Tevaughn Campbell has been released by the LA Chargers. Been on their PR and active roster since being released by the Jets in August. Has been with Calgary, Sask. and Montreal in the CFL . Still young enough at 26 and has the right passport for a return to the CFL.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Oh wow...more shady dealings involving the Patriots... https://www.foxnews.com/sports/patri...minutes-report
    Keep an open mind, and you never know who might walk in...

RIP Pizmo

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    Oh wow...more shady dealings involving the Patriots... https://www.foxnews.com/sports/patri...minutes-report
    I guess the documentary crew did too good of a job and too accurately captured the role of an advance scout for the Patriots who's primary job is to film the sidelines to steal signals. They just missed the part where this is to be done discreetly.

vCash

A jump ball on a hail mary pass with both players parallel to each other is not PI, nor is it even close to being PI on incidental contact in that situation. If Jimmy was behind the receiver it's absolutely PI, but he was actually a half step in front of him on an under thrown hail mary. It's simply not a penalty.

Fouts admitting he had several close friends in the Bills organization should tell you all you need to know - he was Suitor-esque all game and is a complete embarrassment. Stripes took away a 20 yard run on an imaginary holding call against Ricard that moved the Ravens from FG range (Bills 30) to 2nd and 20 at their own 40. Also gave a bailout call on Thomas sack... and then the last drive was a complete tragedy with 2 soft RTP's and then calling PI on Beasley with the ball sailing over his head as the feet tangled.

Basically, don't listen to Fouts and your opinion will be a lot different, but there was a reason on anything remotely close he was siding with the Bills every single time. Pretty gross, but Baltimore fans are used to be hated so it's all good .
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

So, Brian, how much do the Ravens win by against the Jets? Will your boy even play in the 4th quarter?
    Last edited by Deathsdoorstep; 12-12-2019 at 09:45 AM.

vCash

So, Brian, how much do the Ravens win by against the Jets? Will your boy even play in the 4th quarter?
    not to butt my nose into the convo but Vegas has it at 14.5 points
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    not to butt my nose into the convo but Vegas has it at 14.5 points
    It's gonna get ugly for sure. The Jets are a generous 5-8. They have a terrible defense.

vCash

It's gonna get ugly for sure. The Jets are a generous 5-8. They have a terrible defense.
    Yeah I'm almost tempted to take the Ravens losing 14.5 or buy the hook and take them losing 14 I don't see the jets coming closer than that unless the Ravens gift them some turnovers.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

The Ravens will win by 30+ points.

vCash

The Ravens will win by 30+ points.
    I think so too.
    Alright it's bet if they lose I'm sending you a bill haha j/k
    In Rod we trust

vCash

I hope not. Game should be well in hand, I really can't see the Jets moving on the ball on this D. Offense could be a bit hit and miss with Stanley (starting LT) and Andrews (leading receiver) both likely out, but the Jets are all kinds of banged up everywhere and devoid of talent throughout the roster. A win locks up the AFC North officially and puts them one win away from locking up 1st in the AFC.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Lamar Jackson sets the single season record for rushing yards by a QB.

He also leads the league in passing TD's.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post

That's impressive. Congrats to him.
    I don't have cable anymore, so I'm not watching a lot of NFL live (although this game is streaming on amazon prime). I am wearing a football jersey like any other day - I have so many of them that I have purchased over the years on ebay. Didn't realize until you posted this that I was actually wearing a Ravens jersey today and I didn't even know they were playing. It is a #7 Kyle Boller jersey, lol... don't hold that against me.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Boller had no weapons.

Lamar is something else though, especially considering the guys he has at skill positions. Should only get better...

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Better than some guy who bets on dog fights.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Jackson is just phenomenal.

2013 was a long time ago. It'd be nice to see the Ravens win it all again.

RIP Pizmo

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ok14 View Post
    jackson is just phenomenal.

2013 was a long time ago. It'd be nice to see the ravens win it all again.
    big trusssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

- - - Updated - - -

Better than some guy who bets on dog fights.
    I'm also cautious these days of assuming a great athlete is a great person.... but Lamar legitimately and genuinely seems to be somebody who is more humble than talented, and given his talent that's incredible. I'm sure PR people wish he wouldn't mumble so much at the mic, but he seems to be a real good kid with a big heart who does everything right.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

big trusssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also cautious these days of assuming a great athlete is a great person.... but Lamar legitimately and genuinely seems to be somebody who is more humble than talented, and given his talent that's incredible. I'm sure PR people wish he wouldn't mumble so much at the mic, but he seems to be a real good kid with a big heart who does everything right.
    I'm no Ravens fan, and from what I hear Baltimore is a dump, but the kid is getting better as the season goes on. Still not thrilled about his ability to pass beyond 15 yards, but that will come. He WILL win a Super Bowl. I still say he will suffer a serious injury in the next couple of years.

vCash

I went to school in Bmore. Sadly, it is a dump, but had & has so much potential.
    Up there with Detroit & St Louis for all the violent crime indicators for large US cities.
    High rates of poverty & unemployment.
    Parallel worlds in full effect (ie huge racial disparities in all these different indicators)

It was a steel city that didn’t prepare itself for the turn away from the steel economy. In general, people with money who can pay taxes & contribute to the city’s economy don’t live in the city. They commute in for their university/hospital/state or federal govt job & then commute home to other counties/districts in the DMV/DC area. Vicious circle.

The downtown is horrible & frankly made worse by gentrification without looking at the larger picture/without being purposeful & intentional.
    Edmonton should use Bmore as a case study of what not to do because it wouldn’t be that hard to end up like that.

Addendum
    LOTS of people come in for baseball & football games. So much tourism from Orioles games, even on weekdays. Even then, downtown was scary & dead except the specific area around the Inner Harbour. Honestly, it’s so sad what happened to that city & it really wouldn’t be all that hard to go down that path.

Addendum 2
    To be clear, I wouldn’t trade my schooling time there for anything....and my experience in general wasn’t horrible partly due to the colour of my skin. It afforded me protection.
    Last edited by Smartie123; 12-13-2019 at 10:53 AM.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Watching the Rams and Niners, and the Levi's scoreboard is riling up the crowd with a "Beat LA" chant graphic.

Does the CFL still have that rule about not mocking an opponent on the video board? I remember that the Riders got penalized for that in a game against the Esks several years ago...but if the CFL would ever loosen up that rule, it could potentially be a huge crowd energizer.

Definitely a lot more effective than "wHo wAnTs ThE bAlL bAcK?"

RIP Pizmo

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    Watching the Rams and Niners, and the Levi's scoreboard is riling up the crowd with a "Beat LA" chant graphic.

Does the CFL still have that rule about not mocking an opponent on the video board? I remember that the Riders got penalized for that in a game against the Esks several years ago...but if the CFL would ever loosen up that rule, it could potentially be a huge crowd energizer.

Definitely a lot more effective than "wHo wAnTs ThE bAlL bAcK?"
    Welcome to our soft society. I agree that they should allow this for sure.
    Blindly criticize every move eventough I have about 1/4 of the information

vCash

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Bills lose 13- 6 ,but Williams nabs six for 108 yds.