Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 274

Thread: Eskies vs RedBlacks

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,015
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    164

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    I recall Whyte as a punter not having much of a leg, although pretty good on accuracy.

    Don't put any stock in the comments on Trevor Harris. It's backed up only by a single very mild quote, and no one here has seen anything but positive team building from him. Sounds like a typical media attempt to stir up interest just before these two teams play each other.
    Exactly re : harris

    Heard or seen nothing but positive things about our Qb all pre season and season.. and now the week we face the red blacks there is an issue

    Think the kids today call it trolling

    Don’t fall for it folx.. Move on....

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,265
    vCash
    2778
    Rep Power
    898

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Sounds to me like some cracks in the foundation in Ottawa. Perhaps the problems on the team are still wearing red & black?
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,853
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    209

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Not a lot of National kickers with CFL roster experience. I'd say the best bet out there is Felix Menard-Briere, but that's not a big step up. Whyte can kick fine; I'm just worried about his getting injured from handling all the kicking duties like he did the last time.
    I think the key for Whyte in punting will be to try to get a little more hang time and position the ball toward the sideline every kick. I expect to lose about 5 yards per punt compared to Hugh, but ball placement should improve his net average and close the gap between the two of them.
    With Ottawa's returner I'd sacrifice 5 yards for placement to keep him from breaking a big one.

    - - - Updated - - -

    It's also food bank night so just posting this here bring food or money

    https://www.edmontonsfoodbank.com/do..._4_on_page.pdf
    In Rod we trust

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,015
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    164

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    With Ottawa's returner I'd sacrifice 5 yards for placement to keep him from breaking a big one.

    - - - Updated - - -

    It's also food bank night so just posting this here bring food or money

    https://www.edmontonsfoodbank.com/do..._4_on_page.pdf
    Even better option ... don’t punt a lot!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,265
    vCash
    2778
    Rep Power
    898

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Even better option ... don’t punt a lot!
    solid advice
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,853
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    209

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Even better option ... don’t punt a lot!
    So you'd go for it even in THIS situation?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UmRPNHwmdE
    In Rod we trust

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,506
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    67

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Exactly re : harris

    Heard or seen nothing but positive things about our Qb all pre season and season.. and now the week we face the red blacks there is an issue

    Think the kids today call it trolling

    Don’t fall for it folx.. Move on....
    Antoine Pruneau is 1 step above mediocre as a player....

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,853
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    209

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    Antoine Pruneau is 1 step above mediocre as a player....
    baby step.....not a fan
    In Rod we trust

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,015
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    164

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    So you'd go for it even in THIS situation?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UmRPNHwmdE
    I said a lot not EVER lol

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Medicine Hat, AB
    Posts
    9,894
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    304

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks



  11. #41

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    Maybe Grant Shaw can take a break from selling F-150's?
    That's exactly who I thought of as well.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Area
    Posts
    44,589
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    161

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    three kickers ?

  13. #43

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    three kickers ?
    I thought someone said Hugh's going to the 6 game.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,265
    vCash
    2778
    Rep Power
    898

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    I thought someone said Hugh's going to the 6 game.
    Yup - he's there.
    Toronto has four kickers - two on the roster, one on the six-game, and one on the PR.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Squamish, BC
    Posts
    15,394
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    245

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Yup - he's there.
    Toronto has four kickers - two on the roster, one on the six-game, and one on the PR.
    Almost halfway to an MLS team. They could use one in Toronto.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Area
    Posts
    44,589
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    161

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    three kickers ?
    I meant Ottawa has three kickers listed on the active roster/depth chart.

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    14,518
    vCash
    1817
    Rep Power
    156

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Wow that is a lot of changes in one week. I am excited to see what Unamba can do though Walker filled in more than admirably during his time out. Excited to see what #22 can do returning kicks and definitely worrisome about Sean Whyte punting as it is not his strong suit. He has done it a fair bit during his time in the league though...

    - - - Updated - - -

    As for Ottawa....run the damn ball on them. I am not a fan of their front 7 at all...
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

    Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

    #PizStrong

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lethbridge, AB
    Posts
    2,404
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    73

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Ottawa’s offensive depth chart looks like complete horse**** and their defence is 2nd last in both rushing yards against and passing yards against.

    There is zero reason why the Esks shouldn’t win this in a walk. One of this seasons great mysteries is how Ottawa is 3-4, they are a terrible team imo.

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,265
    vCash
    2778
    Rep Power
    898

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Since this is an Ottawa - Edmonton story, I figured I'd post it here...

    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    238
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Does Cooper draw in tonight? Seen he listed on depth chart. Likely is a scratch before game one would suspect. I am a huge Gable fan, but last game vs Calgary he seemed slow and not explosive. Every time I see Cooper he leaves me wanting to see more. Not saying he should get start over Gable as Gable does other things extremely well like blocking, but At same tune I’d like to see Cooper at RB for a extended period of time....

    Not sure how you get both on roster, but having a change of pace back could be effective. On a side note... I think Jones as returner has a big game tonight.

    Love getting Unamba back. He makes or D stronger. Surprised they didn’t find a way to keep Walker on active roster. Either as a International back-up or starting over Hunter. Have not been a big Hunter fan, although he is growing on me.

    My 3 cents...

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,853
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    209

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Quote Originally Posted by SKIP12 View Post
    Does Cooper draw in tonight? Seen he listed on depth chart. Likely is a scratch before game one would suspect. I am a huge Gable fan, but last game vs Calgary he seemed slow and not explosive. Every time I see Cooper he leaves me wanting to see more. Not saying he should get start over Gable as Gable does other things extremely well like blocking, but At same tune I’d like to see Cooper at RB for a extended period of time....

    Not sure how you get both on roster, but having a change of pace back could be effective. On a side note... I think Jones as returner has a big game tonight.

    Love getting Unamba back. He makes or D stronger. Surprised they didn’t find a way to keep Walker on active roster. Either as a International back-up or starting over Hunter. Have not been a big Hunter fan, although he is growing on me.

    My 3 cents...
    He'll draw in they have to scratch a Canadian
    In Rod we trust

  22. #52
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Medicine Hat, AB
    Posts
    9,894
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    304

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Quote Originally Posted by SKIP12 View Post
    Does Cooper draw in tonight? Seen he listed on depth chart. Likely is a scratch before game one would suspect. I am a huge Gable fan, but last game vs Calgary he seemed slow and not explosive. Every time I see Cooper he leaves me wanting to see more. Not saying he should get start over Gable as Gable does other things extremely well like blocking, but At same tune I’d like to see Cooper at RB for a extended period of time....

    Not sure how you get both on roster, but having a change of pace back could be effective. On a side note... I think Jones as returner has a big game tonight.

    Love getting Unamba back. He makes or D stronger. Surprised they didn’t find a way to keep Walker on active roster. Either as a International back-up or starting over Hunter. Have not been a big Hunter fan, although he is growing on me.

    My 3 cents...
    Let's try rushing more than 9 freakin' times a game FFS.... 20 attempts, minimum! Run it down their throats!

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Squamish, BC
    Posts
    15,394
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    245

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    Let's try rushing more than 9 freakin' times a game FFS.... 20 attempts, minimum! Run it down their throats!
    If we have both Gable and Cooper in the game, it'd be a great strategy. Alternate them. Their styles are so different, the Redblacks won't know what's coming next.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,015
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    164

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    If we have both Gable and Cooper in the game, it'd be a great strategy. Alternate them. Their styles are so different, the Redblacks won't know what's coming next.
    X2

  25. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    City of Champs
    Posts
    17,094
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    88

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    If we have both Gable and Cooper in the game, it'd be a great strategy. Alternate them. Their styles are so different, the Redblacks won't know what's coming next.
    Especially if we keep having them switch jerseys!
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

    Superbowl Champs 2013.

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    14,518
    vCash
    1817
    Rep Power
    156

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Someone better let Gongshow know the game is tonight and not tomorrow...
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

    Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

    #PizStrong

  27. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,265
    vCash
    2778
    Rep Power
    898

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    Someone better let Gongshow know the game is tonight and not tomorrow...
    I made the same mistake in a post calling Thursday game-day. Of course I don't get paid to write about the Eskimos (maybe he shouldn't either, lol)
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  28. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,506
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    67

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    Isn't it a given that Bazzie gets put on the roster for show but is the one that gets sat?
    He actually dressed for the Calgary game!

  29. #59
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    7,233
    vCash
    100
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    146

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Might be time to bring back the Victory Booty!!
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

  30. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,853
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    209

    Re: Eskies vs RedBlacks

    Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Might be time to bring back the Victory Booty!!
    Agreed!
    In Rod we trust

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •