Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eskies vs Argos Aug 15

vCash

Attention Eskies vs Argos Aug 15

2019-08-15_9-05-46.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

That image sucked, sorry guys.

And I'll start with only 1 back up on the oline? seriously?
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Re: Eskies vs Argos Aug 15

#PizStrong

vCash

And Cooper out as well—to the practice roster. Guess they want an extra DB (Glass) instead of Cooper, probably because Jones has had a full week of practice & could fill in at RB if needed.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    thanks Looner
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Little more consistency this week as the only starter change is at FB. Will be interesting to see how Cender does.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Gonna be a big crowd (by Argo standards) tonight. Hope the guys are focused.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Might be a big crowd tomorrow as well. For the football game.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Gonna be a big crowd (by Argo standards) tonight. Hope the guys are focused.
    Tomorrow...what a mistake to make Glen it's almost like the moron that started this thread doesn't know the date....or is desperately waiting for Friday cause he's had a crap week.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

That'll teach me to trust Rod Black for anything.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    That'll teach me to trust Rod Black for anything.
    You can doubt me, you can doubt my methods and ways but never doubt the program...I mean Rod Black.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    And Cooper out as well—to the practice roster. Guess they want an extra DB (Glass) instead of Cooper, probably because Jones has had a full week of practice & could fill in at RB if needed.
    I suspect that you're right that Jones could be a fill-in, and with Taylor coming back onto the roster, he's also a natural back-up if there is anything that sidetracks Gable. While I'm as excited as most to see what Cooper can do when given the chance, I think that chance is going to come in games where Gable's given a week to rest and take care of anything nagging, rather than a splitting of carries. Given that he isn't being asked to play special teams, it's a difficult justification of a roster spot in the current climate.

While having an additional backup O-lineman is good insurance if something happens... or if two things happen... I presume that Beard passed any tests they were needing him to in being able to play the whole game last week. With Asare not having been needed, we go back to living with the risk of injury which pays the dividend of a roster spot to contribute to special teams and hasn't bit us yet. It may be a matter of time, but those hosses are some kind of tough to keep playing through what they do.

Have to think that it might be back to Bazzie being the scratch. Given that it's 2 Canadians and 1 American on and off the roster, it's the same situation as last week, where an American gets the scratch. Walton is ready to go and playing this week, and I'm guessing that Glass' special teams value will have him in the mix,

Curious to see if our scheme changes at all with being a few slots down the depth chart at FB and whether that leads to using Saxelid as a TE more or more 5 or 6 receiver sets.

The Argos are coming off the bye, and figure to be well rested and prepared. At the same time, they're without Cleyon Laing and newly acquired Davon Coleman, and also missing Kevin Fogg in the secondary. They'll be starting Jhaustin Thomas at DT in his first CFL game - spent 2017 on numerous NFL PRs and came through training camp with the Argos this spring. Ian Wild makes his return at MLB, where Awe had done a great job filling in. I'm interested to see the Argos CB, Jonathan Dowling play - listed at 6'3, it seems to be more of a Pat Watkins type frame, and he's coming off his first game of the season, though played in 6 last year for them. Wilder listed as the backup to Burks at RB for now as he works back from injury.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    I suspect that you're right that Jones could be a fill-in, and with Taylor coming back onto the roster, he's also a natural back-up if there is anything that sidetracks Gable. While I'm as excited as most to see what Cooper can do when given the chance, I think that chance is going to come in games where Gable's given a week to rest and take care of anything nagging, rather than a splitting of carries. Given that he isn't being asked to play special teams, it's a difficult justification of a roster spot in the current climate.

While having an additional backup O-lineman is good insurance if something happens... or if two things happen... I presume that Beard passed any tests they were needing him to in being able to play the whole game last week. With Asare not having been needed, we go back to living with the risk of injury which pays the dividend of a roster spot to contribute to special teams and hasn't bit us yet. It may be a matter of time, but those hosses are some kind of tough to keep playing through what they do.

Have to think that it might be back to Bazzie being the scratch. Given that it's 2 Canadians and 1 American on and off the roster, it's the same situation as last week, where an American gets the scratch. Walton is ready to go and playing this week, and I'm guessing that Glass' special teams value will have him in the mix,

Curious to see if our scheme changes at all with being a few slots down the depth chart at FB and whether that leads to using Saxelid as a TE more or more 5 or 6 receiver sets.

The Argos are coming off the bye, and figure to be well rested and prepared. At the same time, they're without Cleyon Laing and newly acquired Davon Coleman, and also missing Kevin Fogg in the secondary. They'll be starting Jhaustin Thomas at DT in his first CFL game - spent 2017 on numerous NFL PRs and came through training camp with the Argos this spring. Ian Wild makes his return at MLB, where Awe had done a great job filling in. I'm interested to see the Argos CB, Jonathan Dowling play - listed at 6'3, it seems to be more of a Pat Watkins type frame, and he's coming off his first game of the season, though played in 6 last year for them. Wilder listed as the backup to Burks at RB for now as he works back from injury.
    This game worries me as its one of those ones that you don't want to lose. I'll be interested to see if the changes that Maas has made in an attempt to replicate being at home, bears fruit. Our last 2 trips there haven't been very good, in 2017 we lost 26-34 to an eventual 9-9 team while we finished 12-6. In 2018 we lost 17-20 to an eventual 4-14 team while we finished 9-9.

Need to jump on them early and finish some offensive drives
    #PizStrong

vCash

This game worries me as its one of those ones that you don't want to lose. I'll be interested to see if the changes that Maas has made in an attempt to replicate being at home, bears fruit. Our last 2 trips there haven't been very good, in 2017 we lost 26-34 to an eventual 9-9 team while we finished 12-6. In 2018 we lost 17-20 to an eventual 4-14 team while we finished 9-9.

Need to jump on them early and finish some offensive drives
    Yep with them off the bye week I'd like to see us get on them early take their heart out
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Rumours of a possible thunderstorm in the area.

Just make sure that if you're behind at some point, you take the lead before the halfway point of the 3rd.
    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

Argos depth chart

#PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post

Just make sure that if you're behind at some point, you take the lead before the halfway point of the 3rd.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post

You know, that does have to factor in your play calling with that possibility.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bobby View Post
    You know, that does have to factor in your play calling with that possibility.
    Yeah, now the teams need to employ a meteorologist to predict when lightning will strike. Could we see teams going into hurry up offenses and gambling on 3rd mid-way through the 3rd quarter when a storm is less than a half hour away?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Yeah, now the teams need to employ a meteorologist to predict when lightning will strike.
    Does that fall under SMS for Football Ops?

Seriously, the weather rule is silly and I'm sure if TSN didn't have a stranglehold on when and how the CFL conducts game day business, it never would have been discussed to begin with.

vCash

Argos depth chart

I see that Madeiros is now on the Argo PR. Might be a good move for the Esks to poach him & use him as the punter until O’Neill is healthy?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    I see that Madeiros is now on the Argo PR. Might be a good move for the Esks to poach him & use him as the punter until O’Neill is healthy?
    Good idea, but I have a feeling that he would decline. Considering his family lives in southern Ontario and knowing that the position with Edmonton would only be temporary... I think he'll stay in Toronto.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Does that fall under SMS for Football Ops?

Seriously, the weather rule is silly and I'm sure if TSN didn't have a stranglehold on when and how the CFL conducts game day business, it never would have been discussed to begin with.
    A ridiculous rule that will be getting rectified in the off-season....
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    A ridiculous rule that will be getting rectified in the off-season....
    Or sooner - it was to be one of the topics of discussion in the meeting with Ambrosie and Ramsay today.

vCash

This will be a close game as the Esks are not a good road team (1-3) and haven’t shown the ability to finish drives.

I’m expecting a low scoring game which means 1 or 2 mistakes or 1 or 2 dubious penalties could be the difference.

vCash

Hopefully the one or two dubious penalties won't do it. They're probably coming our way.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    This will be a close game as the Esks are not a good road team (1-3) and haven’t shown the ability to finish drives.

I’m expecting a low scoring game which means 1 or 2 mistakes or 1 or 2 dubious penalties could be the difference.

Last 2 visits to Toronto our offence has played flat out awful..

Let’s hope we change that!

vCash

Going to be a loss for us. Just a feeling I have.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    God I hope not dude

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    I share your concern about this game. I don't think it will be a loss because I am pretty confident in the Esks defense and I don't think much of Bethel- Thompson as QB, so they won't give up a lot but I think it could be a close game. The offense has struggled to score points for multiple weeks. They put up 16 against Ottawa and I think they were fortunate to win that game. 18 against Calgary with zero in the first half. They put up 26 against the Argos but the Argos were brutal that game. But the week previous, they only put up 10 against Montreal.

I really hope I am wrong and the Esks roll.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

We had a tough time there last year against them too.

When we go out East we seem to go stupid at times and not play well.