Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Eskies vs Argos Aug 15

vCash

Re: Eskies vs Argos Aug 15

who punts when you're down 2 tds with less than 3 mins left?
    In Rod we trust

vCash

LOL. The little questionable calls by Chamblin? Wtf would u punt? Lmao

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_12 View Post
    LOL. The little questionable calls by Chamblin? Wtf would u punt? Lmao
    he's awful lol
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    who punts when you're down 2 tds with less than 3 mins left?
    He seems to make A LOT of those kind of silly decisions...
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    He seems to make A LOT of those kind of silly decisions...
    yeah he's kinda unique......a type of innovator so to speak.....with a different vie.....ok the guy is the suckiest suck that's ever sucked
    In Rod we trust

vCash

He did get that time out in with 30 seconds or so left and the Eskimos having two plays to kill 30 seconds, so he is at least consistent.

On the penalty front this was the Eskimos best game by far, taking only 6 penalties for 53 yards. The offence only took one penalty which of course cost them a touchdown.
    As can be expected, the Argos only had 5 penalties taken against them. Once more the Argo offence (and especially their O-line) were perfect taking no penalties.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    On the penalty front this was the Eskimos best game by far, taking only 6 penalties for 53 yards. The offence only took one penalty which of course cost them a touchdown.
    I am still shaking my head how they can take a timeout and then still lineup without an end....
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong

vCash

Just finished the game. That was a great performance by the Esks offense, the only blemish being the dumb penalty that negated the td. That score line is what the Esks are capable of when they finish drives.

I guess the D has set their standards so high that I’m actually a slight bit disappoointed in them. 26 points against, over 300 yards. That would be a great night for a Bene D but felt underwhelming for this one. Still really solid at the red zone D though.

The easy half of our sked is over. Only 2 of our last 9 games are against teams currently below .500. Let’s go Esks!

vCash

oh Rod and Matt's zany adventures
    Almost spit my beer out when rod said, "nice weiner" to matty
    #PizStrong

yeah he's kinda unique......a type of innovator so to speak.....with a different vie.....ok the guy is the suckiest suck that's ever sucked
    Always appreciate a good Simpsons reference!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    Yup...you have to be a lot more sure than that to be calling that intensely.
    Especially because it didn't appear that Maas had seen it, or was given any info on it from his spotters, to me it looked like he threw the flag solely because his receiver was so adamant about it.

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    Just finished the game. That was a great performance by the Esks offense, the only blemish being the dumb penalty that negated the td. That score line is what the Esks are capable of when they finish drives.

I guess the D has set their standards so high that I’m actually a slight bit disappoointed in them. 26 points against, over 300 yards. That would be a great night for a Bene D but felt underwhelming for this one. Still really solid at the red zone D though.

The easy half of our sked is over. Only 2 of our last 9 games are against teams currently below .500. Let’s go Esks!
    I hear you man, I was feeling the same way a bit, but at the same time I never doubted that they were gonna get the job done when it counted, and that is a confidence I've never had since CJ was here.

vCash

Kudos to the O-Line tonight. No sacks, no holding calls, and did that without much of a in-game commitment tonight and an early exit for Draheim. Hopefully, it's nothing longer-term (he was listed as questionable to return I believe), but I thought Saxelid filled in admirably. Thought that Colin Kelly had a very strong game. David Beard may well be our most under-rated player on the team this year.

Was very happy with the level of aggression in the offensive play calling in this one. Validating to have the TSN panel talking about the Esks having the best receiving corps in the league 1 through 5 - and this after trading out Stafford. That's saying a lot considering that 4 of them are brand new to the team this year, and only one had played with our QB prior to this season.

Defensively, we remain more susceptible to scatback style runners. Great call early on by the Argos to open a hole in our blitz to get Burks a big play - odd that they largely went away from the run - and another great call on the screen pass for the TD that took advantage of our aggression. Pleased with our pressure up front and our red zone defence tonight. Surprised we weren't able to generate a few turnovers. Felt the Argos had a good scheme coming off the bye to prepare, but didn't stick with some things that had proven successful.

Whytey did a nice job on punts and even had a grass stain on his jersey by the end of the game. #warrior

vCash

A strong win always sweet. always needed.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Almost spit my beer out when rod said, "nice weiner" to matty
    Duane is going to be jealous..
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Had to record it but a few thoughts....

- So now 5/8 games where the best front 7 in the CFL hasn't drawn a single holding call? Amazing.....
    - Davarious Daniels looked healthy and he completely changes the complexion of this receiving core. He's the burner they need and he had a monster game. Slightly underthrown on both of his long catches or he would have racked up 200 and a couple TD's
    - Mostly a bend but don't break approach from the D in this game, seemed like they were mostly concerned with not making a mistake rather than trying to eat and on the road that's just fine by me. Largely conservative D
    - I have no idea what roughing the passer is, but the standard sure seems to same based upon which teams are playing; you can't tell me Harris can get hit in the face and reviewed and nothing but the Ben Roethlisberger dopple ganger gets that call? C'mon. Eye in the sky and reviews in general continue to be an absolute farce
    - Really nice to see Ellingson have a big game, hopefully he's healthy now and can be the threat he was in Ottawa for a long time.
    - CJ Gable has looked much better since being given the one week off and was a difference maker.
    - OL had a great game.
    - Harris had a great game, obviously, and his short yardage looks a lot better.... suspect his knee is feeling a lot better.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

The Argos put up way more points than I expected but the offense looked good. I liked the fact that the offense and Harris seemed to be throwing the ball farther down the field and going for first downs rather than going for a 5 yard pass. Much needed, good win.
    Last edited by Sectionq; 08-19-2019 at 08:18 AM.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

Just re-watching this game and one thing that really stands out is all the contested catches that Ricky Collins Jr made in this game. It's crazy to me how little he's being talked about given the fact that he's the leagues leading receiver.
    Last edited by ben_the_eskimo; 08-23-2019 at 02:09 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    Just re-watching this game and one thing that really stands out is all the contested catches the Ricky Collins Jr made in this game. It's crazy to me how little he's being talked about given the fact that he's the leagues leading receiver.
    Good news for us! Hope they don’t pay any attention all year!
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    Just re-watching this game and one thing that really stands out is all the contested catches the Ricky Collins Jr made in this game. It's crazy to me how little he's being talked about given the fact that he's the leagues leading receiver.
    Ya I'm almost done re-watching it as well and I agree.
    #PizStrong