Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The XFL thread

vCash

Re: The XFL thread

If you see some quality CFL'ers double dip (like SJ Green and Derek Dennis) the quality of player in the XFL could vastly improve. With the XFL gameplay right now, I see issues with the level of QB's and depth of receivers, but I'm enjoying the watch so far. I think there are opportunities to do better things on kickoff returns (having outside men bubble back to form a better wall). The coaches and the players are all learning and adjusting to the variations on their game. Those games with bigger crowds (Seattle for one) are fun to watch.

I do love all the camera work and especially the live mic and camera in the replay booth. Some accountability for the off field officials. Randy Ambrosie - are you paying attention?
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

I guess anything is possible. But I don't believe for a moment that the XFL will still be playing 2 years from now. But, if they are, I may give it a look at that point. Right now I'm too distracted by other things. Like my hatred for Justin Trudeau, for example.
    Currently Playing: Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4), Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4), NHL 20 (PS4), FIFA 20 (PS4), Disco Elysium (PC)

vCash

vCash
    Blog Entries

Week 2 TV ratings for XFL while down were still quite strong (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...c-in-week-two/). Something I will be keeping an eye on as I am of the opinion that the league will survive as long as they have TV money to fall back on. Am a bit concerned with above-mentioned post indicating that the XFL is targeting CFL players and signing them to exclusvie contracts rather than allowing them to play in both leagues.
    ôRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

vCash
    Blog Entries

Ratings continue to drop. I know some here have mentioned that they would like for the league to succeed. I'm not sure how I feel about it since it appears that both leagues are wanting to sign players to exclusive contracts. To me that means that they are competing for players even though the schedules don't conflict and theoretically players could play in both leagues during the same season resulting in them sharing rather than competing for players. If that's the case then since I am a CFL guy I can't say that I'd be wishing the XFL well but perhaps that's simply a selfish viewpoint on my part...https://3downnation.com/2020/02/26/x...ownward-slide/
    ôRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash
    Blog Entries

While I love football...I do want the XFL to fail simply because it's run by McMahon...
    Well, gentlemen, by all means, I think we ought to have an introspective moment of silence for poor old Tin-Tin.

vCash

I've tried watchining a few games.... can't find myself liking it. SOme of those teams have the most horrendous uniforms ever. Is it LA that looks like Mick Dicks knockoffs...

vCash

I suppose weather is a factor (currently just above freezing) but I'm gonna guess there is less than ten thousand in the stands at New York this afternoon.

vCash

Bad. Very bad. Regardless of how you feel about the XFL (bush league or not), somebody from the league needs to face the music on this one.

vCash

It'll be done really soon.

vCash

Some may say Wes "took a bullet" for the league, but he really didn't help the league in any way.
    Last edited by Hugoagogo; 03-08-2020 at 06:38 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    It'll be done really soon.
    I love football I would watch a college game between Norfolk State and Chattenooga but I can't stand the XFL
    In Rod we trust

vCash

vCash

You'd be better off investing in an Elizabeth Holmes company than the XFL.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Sucks for everyone except the McMahons.
    Well, gentlemen, by all means, I think we ought to have an introspective moment of silence for poor old Tin-Tin.