Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle of Alberta - season starts on labour day

vCash

Re: Battle of Alberta - season starts on labour day

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    TSN has really had trouble with there first down marker today.
    So have the Esks.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

This teams offence is truly offensive! Harris is not the answer. Can't get er done in the clutch. Not sure what the GM can do in the off season but likely won't do anything as Harris was a big FA signing. Not even sure getting rid of Maas will make Harris more effective. Damn it's tough being a pro sports fan in Edmonton!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Nanookster View Post
    Why isn’t that reviewed?
    Cause the Stamps recovered it....

vCash

Harris is fantastic at throwing it where it needs to be. The play calling and design are out of his hands. It's not Harris. It's Maas.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

This team has no heart & desire on both sides of the ball....
    Can’t see us winning next week either.
    I can guarantee that Donut Dave won’t have one negative thing to say in the post-game Show either....
    Last edited by writfiler; 09-02-2019 at 05:15 PM.

vCash
    Blog Entries

If the Esks only won three games a season I’d be happy if those wins were against Calgary. FML.
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    Cause the Stamps recovered it....
    No, we recovered the ball.

The Command Centre will focus on only overturning calls or non-calls made on the field where a clear and obvious mistake has been made.

For the final three minutes of regulation time and for the entire overtime period, the Replay Official will be on the phone with the Supervisor at the stadium. At that point, all challenges will be initiated by the CFL. If the Replay Official sees a play he wants to review, he will tell the Supervisor to page the on-field Referee.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

Pretty easy for Calgary if Edmonton's offense calls plays 100% in the box and never stretches the field.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    Harris is fantastic at throwing it where it needs to be. The play calling and design are out of his hands. It's not Harris. It's Maas.

Harris forces throws into double coverage, he also throws into coverage where the defender has the inside advantage. He doesn’t appear to find the open receiver.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

Pretty easy for Calgary if Edmonton's offense calls plays 100% in the box and never stretches the field.
    The only time he stretched it was in the dying minutes on a long pass to Daniels.

vCash

Harris forces throws into double coverage, he also throws into coverage where the defender has the inside advantage. He doesn’t appear to find the open receiver.
    Call plays with 3 receivers and 3 defenders all in the same zone on every play and that's what can happen.

vCash

Edmonton truely outclassed today.. On both sides...

Our o looked lethargic and our defence just couldn't get Calgary off the field, bo didn't get touched all day.. Not one hand...

Offense needs a spark, that spark is IMHO shaq cooper...

First time this year I can honestly say I'm disappointed in our D, we had a few wobbles vs Toronto on the road and obv the bombers loss but today it was men vs boys.. Their oline dominated us... Our coverage was soft and hunger was picked on by 84 all afternoon..

Redzone troubles still linger I would like to see so,e variety in formation and motion... Something... But we have to win Saturday now....
    The team owes its fans a win after that

Tough one to take...

vCash

I have no idea what to say about this team

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodzz View Post
    I have no idea what to say about this team
    We go again Saturday..... We're not gonna stop playing because we lost today..

vCash

Looked like the Stampeder lineman recovered the ball Nook.

vCash

Gable has to be replaced by Cooper next week. We need more speed in the backfield.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    We go again Saturday..... We're not gonna stop playing because we lost today..
    We would have to actually start playing first. They’re showing up but not really doing anything.
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

vCash

As much as we as Esks fans are going to whine and complain about the lack of going deep, you do have to give the Devil their due. Given that the Esks make a living on the deep ball, you have to know that the Stamps were going to do their best to take that away.

AS much as I want to see Duke and Zylstra make it in the NFL, the Esks NEED a clutch red zone reciever. They went O-2 today in the red zone and they are now 14-32. That is just not acceptable.
    The Defense actually played well, except for the final drive. They held the Stamps to 25 points, the offense just did not do anything to help them out.. I think at the end they were just just dead tired. I am not sure of the Time of Possession, but Calgary had to have dominated it.
    One positive to take out of this is the punt return game. The return team had 2 good returns, one for a touchdown. They were both called back because of penalty , but both penalties looked to me like they were away from the carrier (did TSN ever actually show either of them or did I miss something in the coverage). So their are positives.

For next week they have to get the run game going. This will suck up the Linebackers and maybe open more things up down field on first down.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

"The only thing I ever feared was failure" - Dan Kepley

vCash

What a waste of time and money.

When the 1-8 Argos show up and put a scare into an 8-2 team, while the Esks don’t even show up in any phase of the game, that pisses me off.

The same issues have plagued this team all season. That is on the coach.

vCash

Boy after today, I don’t know. I just don’t know what to make of this. They need to win and win big next Saturday.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by budha View Post
    As much as we as Esks fans are going to whine and complain about the lack of going deep, you do have to give the Devil their due. Given that the Esks make a living on the deep ball, you have to know that the Stamps were going to do their best to take that away.

AS much as I want to see Duke and Zylstra make it in the NFL, the Esks NEED a clutch red zone reciever. They went O-2 today in the red zone and they are now 14-32. That is just not acceptable.
    The Defense actually played well, except for the final drive. They held the Stamps to 25 points, the offense just did not do anything to help them out.. I think at the end they were just just dead tired. I am not sure of the Time of Possession, but Calgary had to have dominated it.
    One positive to take out of this is the punt return game. The return team had 2 good returns, one for a touchdown. They were both called back because of penalty , but both penalties looked to me like they were away from the carrier (did TSN ever actually show either of them or did I miss something in the coverage). So their are positives.

For next week they have to get the run game going. This will suck up the Linebackers and maybe open more things up down field on first down.

We had 1 drive in the 3rd qtr.....
    That's total top dominance from Calgary

Our dline got owned....

Thst is as much as a shock to me today than the O woes... Our d looked overpowered

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eskfan152 View Post
    Boy after today, I don’t know. I just don’t know what to make of this. They need to win and win big next Saturday.
    Just win will do..lol

A girl I know attended the walk through at the indoor practice facility yesterday. She guaranteed me with no exaggeration that the defence did not show up on the field until 15-20 minutes after the scheduled start of the practice.

Is that even normal in any way? I took it to mean one of two things. Either they were having some kind of private meeting. With the expectations of that being they would come out fired up. Or they just wouldn’t show up when the whistle blew.

They really didn’t show up at all. But neither did the offence. It was hard to watch, as I knew pretty early they just didn’t seem to care. Not the coaches or players. I don’t know what the answer is, and I’m not calling for anybody’s head. I just know I watched a team that didn’t play to win a football game. And that’s probably why they lost.

vCash

The Edmonton Eskimos are going to win the Grey Cup this year. Shove this quote down my throat at year end if necessary.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The Edmonton Eskimos are going to win the Grey Cup this year. Shove this quote down my throat at year end if necessary.
    WOW you are one optimistic SOB!!!!! If only!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    10 mins left in the 4th. Down by 15 points. Esks desperately need a scoring drive. Here is the sequence of events on the last Esks drive that resulted in a punt.
    7 yard run.
    9 yard pass that was a catch and run to Adjei.
    8 yard pass that was a catch and run to Gable.
    4 yard pass to Collins.
    3 yard pass to Collins.
    Punt.

Not a single pass over 10 yards. You are second and 6 and the QB goes immediately to the quick 3 yard dump pass.

But guess what, Harris's completion percentage is really good.
    to be fair, unless you where at the game, we can't see how the coverage was downfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon1 View Post
    The Team is better than what we’re watching.
    I feel the same

Another great return by Jones wiped out by a hold...
    right a "hold"

The CFL product is crap.

The most exciting aspect of our game used to be the return game, now it is flooded with ticky-tack flags galore.
    some legit some not so legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon1 View Post
    Now now.
    No one criticize the coaching staff.
    On a bright note ... this year we won’t finish last in the West.
    If Maas is calling the plays - me thinks its time someone else does. 2nd and 6 and have a three yard route???
    The only time he stretched it was in the dying minutes on a long pass to Daniels.
    Harris needs to realize he's got more time in the pocket than he thinks at times. I'd assume calgary was doing a good job covering

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    right a "hold"
    There were actually two holding penalties against the Esks on the play. Of course, they never showed a replay. Of a TD. Taken away by a penalty.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

Pitfall Harry Guest

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    What a waste of time and money.

When the 1-8 Argos show up and put a scare into an 8-2 team, while the Esks don’t even show up in any phase of the game, that pisses me off.

The same issues have plagued this team all season. That is on the coach.
    I logged in to hear the usuals defend Maas, how none of this is on him. I'm listening...

Pitfall Harry Guest

Jason Maas was a great player. But anybody who gives me crap for ragging on him doesn't know football.

Terrible coaching. Just terrible.

The Eskimos have the players. Just not the coaches.

FACT!
    On the live mic, he was musing that he would concede the safety and go down 19 - 9, trusting his offence to put up some points. This was all happening when Calgary had possession for what would be the TD that would put them up 25 - 9, getting conseutive 1st downs. That's what this guy was thinking at this time.

vCash

Now I couldn't tell if there was holding on Cal's Oline not being called at all.. - But zero presssure or hurries makes me wonder.

Two big Plays a Carey run and a Begelton run both had holds at Point of attack right before they got the corners not called.

I'd assume Calgary was providing good coverage deep because Harris didn't look there at all. Maybe someone who was there could confirm?

Money Hunter was picked on.

This team needs to figure out: 1. Red Zone TDs and how to get them. 2. Harris has more time to wait to go deeper. 3. How to stop scat like running backs.

I'm getting close to being done with Gable. Love his blocking but we need a change of pace RB. He's too slow to take runs to the outside. Cooper deserves another look after his 1 game. So many runs up the middle for nothing over and over again. Not to mention instead of hitting the hole/line hard Gable likes to stop and dance.

I feel Harris was too timid to actually attack deep.

Correct me if wrong. But I seem to recall the penalties being called in the other games getting replays to show them to the viewers. We didnt get one of those all game. When we returned the Ball to the 20 of Calgary late and they got a no yards penalty while we got a mysterious illegal block call. There was no replay on that return. Hiding something TSN ??

Personally I do not see how anyone can think TSN does not have some sort of pull on the games. With Edmonton seeing the majority of things. Ever since that Live Mic issue its like the Esks and Maas have been black booked How much tv time did Maas get on camera ? We dont get calls. We get called for ther same thing another team did and they wheren't called. Whats its going to take TSN? Do we need to get rid of maas to get a fair shake ??

vCash

Team 6 and 5, 4th place in the West.

A pitiful exhibition today, does not bode well for the future. Team two game losing streak.

Sickened by the mediocrity - year after year after year

Whats going to be different rest of season? .... nothing

Whats going to be different next year? ... probably nothing