vCash

NFL NFL cuts of interest

Duke cut. Zylstra cut. Gee whiz.
    @chadganske

vCash

Re: NFL cuts of interest

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Head View Post
    Duke cut. Zylstra cut. Gee whiz.
    I don’t think zylstra will return to the cfl yet.. might get some other interest.. but if they both did.. i would still take zylstra over duke.. and I love duke as well..,

vCash

Both were claimed today. But I agree with you, I would have loved to see Zylstra back. The silver lining is that they won't go to the Lions.
    @chadganske

vCash

Zylstra is a bigger target than most (all?) of the Panther WR. Should give him a chance to be the guy that fights for the tough interior throws and also give him an inside track on special teams work. I know playing for the Vikings was probably a dream of his, but hopefully he'll get the opportunity to earn a full-time roster spot on offense.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Zylstra is a bigger target than most (all?) of the Panther WR. Should give him a chance to be the guy that fights for the tough interior throws and also give him an inside track on special teams work. I know playing for the Vikings was probably a dream of his, but hopefully he'll get the opportunity to earn a full-time roster spot on offense.
    When those two cuts were announced I immediately wondered what the chances of either of them returning here...not because of a lack of NFL interest, but how the team could afford them with the rumoured salary cap constraints.

To me it was never about what I accomplished on the football field, it was about the way I played the game.
    -Jerry Rice

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Absolutely being with the Vikes was a childhood dream come true for Zylstra. I was sitting on a barstool in Mazatlan the day he signed. The guy I happened to be yakking with was jacked about it. He was also from Spicer and knew the Zylstra family very well. He said the whole family and the whole town for that matter were huge Viking fans.
    Last edited by Hammer24; 09-02-2019 at 05:22 PM.