Thread: The Live Mic

vCash

Ban Me The Live Mic

Calgary, inexplicably coming off a bye before the LD match, did not have a single play call recorded on TSN in the entire first half.

The Esks had every offensive play call broadcasted live, including what their first play would be while Calgary was still on offense.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Re: The Live Mic

I heard BLM's warbling in the first half... didnt hear one bit from Dickenson. Also noticed our playcalls where loud and crisp and the stuff BLM spewed was muffled.

Pitfall Harry Guest

Maas was loud and clear when he was talking about being willing to concede the safety with Calgary arching the ball downfield for what would end up being the touchdown to make it 25 - 9. Calgary wasn't even on third down and Maas was talking about a deep punt.
    Last edited by Pitfall Harry; 09-02-2019 at 08:17 PM.

vCash

That was talking about giving up a single point if a field goal attempt by Calgary was wide. He was talking to the special teams coach about what they would do in that situation. He wanted to start at the 35 instead of getting the ball out to the five.

What exactly is your point here Harry?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    That was talking about giving up a single point if a field goal attempt by Calgary was wide. He was talking to the special teams coach about what they would do in that situation. He wanted to start at the 35 instead of getting the ball out to the five.

There isn't one.

The liv mic today was a complete embarrassment.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

We are the live mic game again next week too, so if you find them too frustrating, you might want to go to the game and watch it live, or just skip it all and go see a movie.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

Pitfall Harry Guest

That he was preparing for a missed field goal or a punt in the end zone while Calgary was frogmarching the ball for a touchdown.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    We are the live mic game again next week too, so if you find them too frustrating, you might want to go to the game and watch it live, or just skip it all and go see a movie.
    Not sure if you were talking to me, but I never miss a home game. As for a movie, I've seen this one three times before, and it always ends in a similar fashion: 4th in West, 3rd in West, 5th in West, and currently, 4th in West... The ending is always predictable.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Pitfall Harry View Post
    Maas was loud and clear when he was talking about being willing to concede the safety with Calgary arching the ball downfield for what would end up being the touchdown to make it 25 - 9. Calgary wasn't even on third down and Maas was talking about a deep punt.
    He was talking to gass
    It was 2nd and 10 and our defence took another offside penalty the very next play... Made It second and 5

U might be surprised the conversions head coaches have with their staff on a game day. U go through every scenario.. And IMHO I was happy to hear Maas say just take it at the 35 I'm tired of the poor field position...

Hc have to be 2 plays ahead with the what if situations

- - - Updated - - -

Correct mate

- - - Updated - - -

The coach in me loves the mics..... Amazing insight

vCash

[/COLOR]
    Not sure if you were talking to me, but I never miss a home game. As for a movie, I've seen this one three times before, and it always ends in a similar fashion: 4th in West, 3rd in West, 5th in West, and currently, 4th in West... The ending is always predictable.
    No, it wasn't. Sorry. It was a general statement. I will usually quote an individual if I am directing a comment at them. The printed word can definitely be taken out of context quite easily on the internet, so I try to be as detailed as I can to avoid issues.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

It is not all bad, gives Suitor a bit less time to talk.

vCash

It is not all bad, gives Suitor a bit less time to talk.
    I still don’t understand why our playcalls are so damn long... lol

Harris does ALOT of presnap work.... our qbs have to know their ****

vCash

Or, you know, mute the TV.

vCash
    Blog Entries

It bugged me how Dave was essentially silent the entire game while Jason was being broadcast while the Esks D was on the field. If the roles were reversed TSN and the League would be freaking out right now!! The coach in me found it interesting the first couple games but the novelty wore off really quick. Now it's more of a distraction than anything.
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    It bugged me how Dave was essentially silent the entire game while Jason was being broadcast while the Esks D was on the field. If the roles were reversed TSN and the League would be freaking out right now!! The coach in me found it interesting the first couple games but the novelty wore off really quick. Now it's more of a distraction than anything.
    Agreed, enough with the Live Mic games. They add nothing at all to the game.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Ya noticed that too eh ? #fishy

vCash

That he was preparing for a missed field goal or a punt in the end zone while Calgary was frogmarching the ball for a touchdown.
    What would you like him to be doing in that situation? Run out there and get a sack or breakup a pass himself? He is strategizing, which IMO is exactly what he should be doing as the Head Coach.
    Is it game day yet?????

vCash

with the live mic issue - always heard Maas never heard Dickenson, the clear hatred TSN has to Edmonton, the beyond horrible officiating and the influence TSN has over everything or control - you pick. I have one foot out the door in regards to supporting the CFL.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TeqEEla View Post
    What would you like him to be doing in that situation? Run out there and get a sack or breakup a pass himself? He is strategizing, which IMO is exactly what he should be doing as the Head Coach.
    A good boss will empower his employees by giving them the information they need, then turning them loose. I'm sure Lolley and Maas had a discussion before the D went out there as well but if Maas starts telling him how to run the D, we have a problem.

I'm pissed about the game but complaining about this is grasping at straws IMO.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TeqEEla View Post
    Pitfall Harry is on here strictly to attack anything that Maas does which is fine but this one thing has to be the most nonsensical thing he has complained about to date.

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Hc have to be 2 plays ahead with the what if situations
    Exactly, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that part of a HC's job is to anticipate and be ready for all possible upcoming scenarios and communicate with his staff.

vCash

Why doesn’t TSN do something more scientific?
    I suggest physiological monitors on key personnel; heart rate, electrocardiograph, respiration rate, blood pressure, CO2 levels, blood chemistry, etc. Have a panel of health care professionals interpret the developing results. Would also include a sports psychiatrist too. Information one could truly use ....
    Last edited by Moon1; 09-04-2019 at 06:57 AM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Moon1 View Post
    I suggest physiological monitors on key personnel; heart rate, electrocardiograph, respiration rate, blood pressure, CO2 levels, blood chemistry, etc. Have a panel of health care professionals interpret the developing results. Would also include a sports psychiatrist too. Information one could truly use ....
    ooh ooh or let Rod ask the psych questions....Dr Rod Black.....tell me what do you see in this picture....uh a pony....no sorry it's a chicken.....or is it?
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Moon1 View Post
    Or... and call me crazy here, they could just let the damn teams play football. Stop yacking about rides in jets, how wonderful BLM is or how nasty the Esks are. Talk about the play. Talk about the breakdowns on the play that made it a success/failure. Talk about possible strategies. Whatever, just stop the inane drivel.
    There are better things in the world than beer but beer sort of compensates for not getting them.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mudnyereye View Post
    Or... and call me crazy here, they could just let the damn teams play football. Stop yacking about rides in jets, how wonderful BLM is or how nasty the Esks are. Talk about the play. Talk about the breakdowns on the play that made it a success/failure. Talk about possible strategies. Whatever, just stop the inane drivel.
    Bang on!

Focus on the game, not what color underwear Mike Reilly likes to wear on gameday. Who cares!!!

vCash

The catch is, we're watching already. We may not want to hear the drivel, but presumably the people who TSN would like to watch, who aren't watching yet, do (or so says their market research). That, I think, is why all the country music concerts, the live mic, and so on are getting in the way of pure football.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.