Thread: Eskimos vs. Stumps - The Rematch

vCash

Re: Eskimos vs. Stumps - The Rematch

maybe Maas will kick a FG ....

- - - Updated - - -

Maas constantly looking at a chart he is holding
    hopefully a GreyHound bus schedule ....

- - - Updated - - -

the obligatory wimpy run back on the opponents punt ...

- - - Updated - - -

what the hell with the short passes .. which aren't working anyways .... ?

- - - Updated - - -

WTF ,.. turn over on downs with a short flaming pass !!!!

- - - Updated - - -

we are idiots!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

are we playing to lose!!!

- - - Updated - - -

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC
    WHAT A BLOODY AWFUL GAME

vCash

Well folks, the verdict is in.

The Eskimos are salmon.

Their record against the minnows of the league (TO, BC, Ott): 5-0 (with a squeaker against Ott).

Their record against the sharks (Wpg, Cgy, Sask, Ham, Mtl): 1-6 (and that win was against Mtl with Pipkin, not Adams).

At least you can say they're consistent. They eat up minnows with relish; they get gobbled up by sharks just as easily.

The early-season dominance of the defense, and the efficiency of the offense, was a mirage caused by a weak early schedule. They're not very good. They're firmly a 6th place team in a 9-team league. Other than BC, they're significantly inferior to every other west team.

I said earlier today to keep an eye on Ottawa. They're the closest to the Esks in ability, and they'll be our competition for the last playoff spot. FWIW, I think we'll take it. Woo hoo.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Finally see that it is time, now long overdue, to change the name of the Team.
    The last 14 year (except 2015) - we have not been the Eskimos as I remember them.
    It sullies the achievements of those earlier years, by having these losing teams using the name Eskimo.

vCash

I doubt if we will even finish at 9-9 this year.
    Last edited by Eskie54; 09-07-2019 at 10:24 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    Itís also the 2nd straight year where the team got worse as the season went on. I really am getting the feeling that there is significant change coming during the bye.
    You could say it's happened in 3 of 4 years. We started 7-0 a few years ago before things fell off the rails. To be fair they did get things together late once Gable showed up.
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong

vCash

We'll finish 8-10.

The team is very consistent. We'll beat Ottawa and BC, and lose the other four. Then we'll be knocked out by Montreal in the east semi.

You heard it here first.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    We'll finish 8-10.

The team is very consistent. We'll beat Ottawa and BC, and lose the other four. Then we'll be knocked out by Montreal in the east semi.

You heard it here first.
    I say 9-9 as I think we take one from Hamilton. They haven't played well against the West.

#PizStrong

vCash

Guys...I don't know what to say.

Am I biased? Is it mainly Maas' problem here? Does he need to go? Everyone says yes but I don't know.

It's not like this team gets blown out game in and out?
    It's not like he loses the room?

It's easy to pin the coach no?
    Sigh...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    I say 9-9 as I think we take one from Hamilton. They haven't played well against the West.
    Hamilton is 5-1 against the West, and there only loss was a walkoff TD from Sask where every ref ignored Steinauers attempted timeout.

vCash

They damn near lost both games against BC and lost to Sask. their early wins came with Masoli at the helm...

#PizStrong

vCash

Am I crazy or did our db’s get a lot worse since orange got back and Hightower went down?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mattdunigan View Post
    Am I crazy or did our db’s get a lot worse since orange got back and Hightower went down?
    It has happened but it also correlates with more difficult opposition.

But I feel like Josh Johnson is wasting away at field corner, which is typically the lowest targeted position.

vCash

What did you guys expect? This game ended the second Harris went out

Frankly iím more disappointed in the defense than anything

What happened to all the pressure and how come they canít cover
    Anymore?
    D

- - - Updated - - -

Our defense was awesome against Winnipeg in their barn and also in Calgary a few weeks ago before the labour day game

Pass coverage and pressure really gone down hill the last two weeks
    Last edited by mattdunigan; 09-07-2019 at 10:12 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_12 View Post

Am I biased? Is it mainly Maas' problem here? Does he need to go? Everyone says yes but I don't know.

Sigh...
    Decided to watch the game in bed and not get to strung... its 4 am and Iím Just sitting in the dark.

The game was over as soon as harris left.. really hard for Kilgore.. and he struggled..,

U reakon itís a broken hand for Harris? Heís gonna get 6 gamed...

Hell now Iím looking at the schedule thinking who can we beat with Kilgore at the helm..

Tough times...

Take the bye and regroup I guess..

- - - Updated - - -

What did you guys expect? This game ended the second Harris went out

Frankly in a more disappointed in the defense than anything

What happened to all the pressure and how come they canít cover
    Anymore?
    D

- - - Updated - - -

Our defense was awesome against Winnipeg in their barn and also in Calgary a few weeks ago before the labour day game

Pass coverage and pressure really gone down hill the last two weeks

Calgary sure have made our D look ordinary. All credit to em!

vCash

Other than Harris’ injury the killer was the RTP penalty toMoore and the OC to Usher

Who knows how the defensive side of things changes with that stop

Also frustrating that we got 2 picks on the Calgary 50 and came away with zero points on both

vCash

We haven’t beat anybody good WITH Harris, but now people are saying we lost because he got hurt?

Not buying that.

vCash

Other than Harris’ injury the killer was the RTP penalty toMoore and the OC to Usher

Who knows how the defensive side of things changes with that stop

Also frustrating that we got 2 picks on the Calgary 50 and came away with zero points on both
    Frustrating is so right

Our d just couldn’t get the stumps off the field on o either... to many sustained drives back to back weeks

Swept again on the labour day series
    Bleed g&g and this **** is always tough to swallow.. it’s now 5am..

vCash

But in the first four losses of the seAson, including against Calgary, the games were close, one possession losses where we won handily the time of possession, offensive and defensive stats . We actually lost two of those games because of special teams. So based on that I thought we had a good chance to win tonight and hoped Monday’s game was a one off.
    We won’t know about how well we would have done with Harris in tonight as it sounds like he was injured earlier in the first quarter than when he went out

As for our defense, we pitched a shut out against Toronto with SJ Greene and D Walks on their team, two elite receivers.

Not sure what happened on defence but it seems to be when Hightower went out and orange went in it got worse.

Oh and Money Hunter needs to sit . Too many penalties and gets beat too often

On offence when Harris gets back ... our receivers just aren’t good enough after Daniels and Ellingson, especially the Canadians

vCash

Maas said that Harris has been dealing with the injury for a few weeks. So it didn't happen during the game.

If it's something like a broken bone in his hand, then he could easily be gone for six weeks. Or he could be back next week.

vCash

Maas said that Harris has been dealing with the injury for a few weeks. So it didn't happen during the game.

If it's something like a broken bone in his hand, then he could easily be gone for six weeks. Or he could be back next week.
    That’s an interesting quote, makes u ponder those last few weeks on what we were doing on o.

Harris must have an insanely high pain threshold ..

vCash

If thats the case it could explain the lack of offense goodness we've been seeing for a while. Also if that is true why hasn't Kilgore been in more just to get him some reps?

And finally it doesn't explain Gables dance moves.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    If thats the case it could explain the lack of offense goodness we've been seeing for a while. Also if that is true why hasn't Kilgore been in more just to get him some reps?

And finally it doesn't explain Gables dance moves.
    I literally saw a play where the left side of the field was open and he'd beat contain if he kept his feet moving, but the guy stops dead in his tracks trying to juke and go inside but defender doesn't bite at all and he gets wrapped up right at the spot not getting the first down.think this was 4th Qtr. just shook my head

vCash

For me, Maas has even lost his aggressiveness. Maybe he feels stung from our lack of success on 3rd and short this year but he no longer has that "go for the jugular" mentality. I think it may have been the 2nd quarter but there was a situation where we had the ball on Calgary's 42 yard line or so, and it was 3rd and 3. It is of my opinion that you go for that almost every time in this game. Tad too long for a FG but short enough that a punt doesn't really get you that much of an advantage, and you need to be aggressive vs. a team as talented as Calgary.

However, it was a good punt, we pinned them down at their 11. But then Calgary's coaching staff on the ensuing drive showed everyone what it was like to be an aggressive football team and when they had their chance on 3rd and 3 at about midfield, they pulled the fake punt on us. That, to me, was a major turning point caused by a coaching decision.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    We havenít beat anybody good WITH Harris, but now people are saying we lost because he got hurt?

Not buying that.
    I agree totally.I think we should move on from Harris after this season and look for somebody new,Harris is to much of a dink and Dunk QB between the 20 yard lines and has great numbers but as soon as he gets in that red zone he is done,I would definately move on from Gable as well there has to be better RB out there.Is it me or has the defence gone downhill since we got Unamba and Orange back ? It seems like when we got them back it upset the chemistry of the defence and I'd definately let Santos Knox go as well as he has been injured all season and just cost us money even though not against the cap.All of our high priced FA we signed in the off season are over paid ,or not played and I think it's time to make wholesale changes this off season .This team has pissed me off so bad that the past 2 games I stopped watching by half time and went out to the park.Id move on from almost ALL of our FA signings this offseason what are everyone's thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_12 View Post

Sigh...
    You can go to any stadium in North America when the home team is losing and you’ll find a bunch of mouth-breathers cramming nachos into their faces and calling for the coaches head. That’s just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by dealerd View Post
    I agree totally.I think we should move on from Harris after this season and look for somebody new,Harris is to much of a dink and Dunk QB between the 20 yard lines and has great numbers but as soon as he gets in that red zone he is done,I would definately move on from Gable as well there has to be better RB out there.Is it me or has the defence gone downhill since we got Unamba and Orange back ? It seems like when we got them back it upset the chemistry of the defence and I'd definately let Santos Knox go as well as he has been injured all season and just cost us money even though not against the cap.All of our high priced FA we signed in the off season are over paid ,or not played and I think it's time to make wholesale changes this off season .This team has pissed me off so bad that the past 2 games I stopped watching by half time and went out to the park.Id move on from almost ALL of our FA signings this offseason what are everyone's thoughts?
    We made wholesale changes last off-season. You can’t keep doing that every year and expect to compete with teams like Calgary and Winnipeg who have been a model of stability for years now.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    You can go to any stadium in North America when the home team is losing and you’ll find a bunch of mouth-breathers cramming nachos into their faces and calling for the coaches head. That’s just the way it is.
    Exactly.. I’m certainly not throwing maas under the bus

And even if we were I want to see some names of quality candidates and then Oc candidates. Because there ain’t many out there...

- - - Updated - - -

We made wholesale changes last off-season. You can’t keep doing that every year and expect to compete with teams like Calgary and Winnipeg who have been a model of stability for years now.

Spot on... as we have all said before this is year 1 for this staff and players.... u are gonna get bumps oin the road.. u keep rubbing out and starting over

And I’ll bet money we fired maas he wouldn’t be out of work very long..

It's OK boyz, the EE have forgotten about yesterday's game, will enjoy the bye-week and FOCUS on the next game

vCash

YAY Crossover!

vCash

I see you insult people who don’t believe Maas has shown enough to keep his job but I never see you give any reasons why he has earned the right to keep his job.

This is his 4th season. He has had Reilly for 3 and Harris for 1. He has never had to coach a team with a Collaros or a Jennings or some other mediocre qb.

Yet his best finish is 3rd in the division. His others are likely 2 crossovers and a missed playoffs.