Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Esks vs Stamps Labour Day rematch thoughts

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Area
    Posts
    44,639
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    172

    War Esks vs Stamps Labour Day rematch thoughts

    Well... where to start.


    The new firetruck is horrible. Slap in the face to the original and the fans who grew up loving it. I fully expected to see shriners or midgets in it.

    I figured Harris had a injury before the game - be it last week or during practice. It was fishy to see a third QB on the roster.

    I'm still done with Gable. Still does his stupid stutter step stops either to be stuffed before the LOS, or into a tackle instead of the open hole.

    Money Hunter can go. Diggs is wearing thin on me as well with his penalties. Got swagger and attitude but he hasn't been able to dial it back when needed.


    Did Benefeces sneak in to the Esks coaching staff ? This D, which looked beyond awesome, has looked like the benefeces special the last few weeks. its clear Johnson is the stud of the secondary. He is coaching whomever is lined up with him non stop. I think he needs to be utilized better to the short side. 1. Orange isnt cutting it and Orange does not help Hunter the way Johnson did when he was covering for Orange - also didnt Johnson have his best game playing the short side ?

    It seems the book is out there on how to combat the Esks D. - and we've had no response.



    Now please correct me if wrong but something has to give on the offense. I made it a chore to watch our receivers and Calgary secondary to see what routes are called and how Calgary is covering. Most routes we have every receiver is running a route under 15 yards. Every. Single. Time. There is no receiver running a intermediate or deep route - even if its not thrown to him its still shows we have a game plan for deep routes. Playing this way against good teams is going to give you a loss every time as now you're playing to their strengths in keeping everything in front. With no actual routes with a deeper threat they can cheat up on every play.

    I swear I can count the number of times we had someone run a deeper route past 20 yards on one hand.

    We had one play with Kilgore, it was second and long, We actually had 2 receivers running deeper and one was open and if he caught it it would have been a first down. Alas we opted to do a check down throw. Third and long kick time

    As I said somewhere else - with a third QB on the roster this week i figured Harris got hurt last week or during practice. Not during this game like Donut Dan said - maybe aggravated it but not fresh tonight. He also said it is a hand area issue as Harris was having issues gripping the ball.


    Something has to give. I am not a fan of the fire Maas right now group offseason maybe. I could see Jordan Maksymic being fired this week. Brock was hunting on the sideline so something is going to happen.

    I'd be shocked it if was Maas but with Marcel Bellefeuille who has been HC and OC before in the Igloo maybe it'll happen. Jordan Maksymic most likely IMO>


    Are we sure this is a Maas' developed Offense or is this the offense from Jordan Maksymic??? People say Harris, Maas and Jordan Maksymic developed this offense and its Maas calling the plays - but is that right? Or, did those three talk about the offense and Jordan Maksymic takes the information and developed the system ? Only Wondering because when Maas was basically doing everything the Offense was never this discombobulated.

    I mean I'm sure those three ( maas , Harris and Jordan) brainstorm and develop an offense together but wouldn't it be Jordan's job to develop it completely ?



    Question:


    Does Jordan radio down to Maas what to call, Maas then to Harris ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    25,352
    vCash
    2615
    Rep Power
    150

    Re: Esks vs Stamps Labour Day rematch thoughts

    The Edmonton Eskimos just do not have the ability to beat Winnipeg, Calgary or Hamilton. So, they can make the playoffs all they want. The season is over as far as I'm concerned. Doubt I'll watch any more this year.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,118
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    183

    Re: Esks vs Stamps Labour Day rematch thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    The Edmonton Eskimos just do not have the ability to beat Winnipeg, Calgary or Hamilton. So, they can make the playoffs all they want. The season is over as far as I'm concerned. Doubt I'll watch any more this year.
    Think most of us thought Winnipeg were the best in the west in preseason and I know I never count out a huff led stamps.. so for me if we think were still behind these teams with all our turnover why are we SO up in arms that our last 3 losses are to teams technically better than us..

    I know I have never said were anything more than 2 games better than last year.. and at this point I have prob gotten that way wrong.... but I said 11-7 so u gotta stick right!
    but to say were done or our season is over .. still got 6 games left and hopefully a playoff spot.. getting in the playoffs east of west is most important to me as a fan..

    Keep building brick by brick..

    The only thing we know for sure right now is we need to be way better to beat cal or win

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,403
    vCash
    6150
    Rep Power
    967

    Re: Esks vs Stamps Labour Day rematch thoughts

    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  5. #5
    Diesel's Avatar
    Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

    Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    You tell me?
    Posts
    38,256
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    197

    Re: Esks vs Stamps Labour Day rematch thoughts

    Anyone who thought the clown car they trotted out was anything but an insult to Eskimo fans can go **** themselves.

    Money Hunter can also go **** himself
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Area
    Posts
    44,639
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    172

    Re: Esks vs Stamps Labour Day rematch thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Anyone who thought the clown car they trotted out was anything but an insult to Eskimo fans can go **** themselves.

    Money Hunter can also go **** himself
    agree 1000%.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,560
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    73

    Re: Esks vs Stamps Labour Day rematch thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    As far as Im concerned, Diggs can go as well. Too many dumb penalties & that blowup last night with Johnson on the field is totally unacceptable.
    Santos-Knox is waiting in the wings & is a far better player than Diggs.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    119
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Esks vs Stamps Labour Day rematch thoughts

    Assuming health status is good, the addition of Santos-Knox, SirVincent Rogers, and the return of Hightower will give this team a good shot at making a run down the stretch. Diggs is good, but he's a hot head who consistently costs penalty yardage. That's how you lose your starting job. Same can be said for Money Hunter. Santos-Knox and Hightower may be the biggest additions for the final third of the season. This is all assuming Harris' injury isn't bad. If it is, it's all a moot point.
    @chadganske

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,118
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    183

    Re: Esks vs Stamps Labour Day rematch thoughts

    Out of all of em money hunter is the most baffling.. weak link for sure

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,865
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    102

    Re: Esks vs Stamps Labour Day rematch thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    Well... where to start.


    The new firetruck is horrible. Slap in the face to the original and the fans who grew up loving it. I fully expected to see shriners or midgets in it.

    I figured Harris had a injury before the game - be it last week or during practice. It was fishy to see a third QB on the roster.

    I'm still done with Gable. Still does his stupid stutter step stops either to be stuffed before the LOS, or into a tackle instead of the open hole.

    Money Hunter can go. Diggs is wearing thin on me as well with his penalties. Got swagger and attitude but he hasn't been able to dial it back when needed.


    Did Benefeces sneak in to the Esks coaching staff ? This D, which looked beyond awesome, has looked like the benefeces special the last few weeks. its clear Johnson is the stud of the secondary. He is coaching whomever is lined up with him non stop. I think he needs to be utilized better to the short side. 1. Orange isnt cutting it and Orange does not help Hunter the way Johnson did when he was covering for Orange - also didnt Johnson have his best game playing the short side ?

    It seems the book is out there on how to combat the Esks D. - and we've had no response.



    Now please correct me if wrong but something has to give on the offense. I made it a chore to watch our receivers and Calgary secondary to see what routes are called and how Calgary is covering. Most routes we have every receiver is running a route under 15 yards. Every. Single. Time. There is no receiver running a intermediate or deep route - even if its not thrown to him its still shows we have a game plan for deep routes. Playing this way against good teams is going to give you a loss every time as now you're playing to their strengths in keeping everything in front. With no actual routes with a deeper threat they can cheat up on every play.

    I swear I can count the number of times we had someone run a deeper route past 20 yards on one hand.

    We had one play with Kilgore, it was second and long, We actually had 2 receivers running deeper and one was open and if he caught it it would have been a first down. Alas we opted to do a check down throw. Third and long kick time

    As I said somewhere else - with a third QB on the roster this week i figured Harris got hurt last week or during practice. Not during this game like Donut Dan said - maybe aggravated it but not fresh tonight. He also said it is a hand area issue as Harris was having issues gripping the ball.


    Something has to give. I am not a fan of the fire Maas right now group offseason maybe. I could see Jordan Maksymic being fired this week. Brock was hunting on the sideline so something is going to happen.

    I'd be shocked it if was Maas but with Marcel Bellefeuille who has been HC and OC before in the Igloo maybe it'll happen. Jordan Maksymic most likely IMO>


    Are we sure this is a Maas' developed Offense or is this the offense from Jordan Maksymic??? People say Harris, Maas and Jordan Maksymic developed this offense and its Maas calling the plays - but is that right? Or, did those three talk about the offense and Jordan Maksymic takes the information and developed the system ? Only Wondering because when Maas was basically doing everything the Offense was never this discombobulated.

    I mean I'm sure those three ( maas , Harris and Jordan) brainstorm and develop an offense together but wouldn't it be Jordan's job to develop it completely ?



    Question:


    Does Jordan radio down to Maas what to call, Maas then to Harris ?
    I am not surprised that the receivers only run barely over 10 yard routes. I have been saying it for weeks, Harris is bound and determine to get that ball out of his hands as fast as he can. He doesn't have the ball in his hands long enough for a receiver to run any farther than 10 yards if you are lucky. So what's the point in drawing up plays where receivers run 15 yard patterns when the QB won't use them.


    I wasn't at the game to see the new fire truck but given the comments, I am guessing it's not good. I went to the website and read the write up on the firetruck. The old one had to be retired because it couldn't make the tight turns so they created a "fun sized" replica. I haven't been to Commonwealth this year so are their some renovations that made the turns tighter? Those radius's are pretty giant. I designs roads and big rig trucks can turn around come pretty tight corners so a vintage fire truck that isn't much longer than a pick up truck can't? My guess it's those stupid tailgating tents that have been at the end of the endzone that not a lot of people use is the reason? Maybe someone can comment on that. They still just don't get it do they.
    The Esks have 6 games left. 2 against Hamilton, 2 against the Riders, 1 against Ottawa, 1 against BC. I think .500 is best case but I could easily see them losing both games to Hamilton and Sask and going 2-4.
    Last edited by Sectionq; 09-09-2019 at 08:50 AM.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,403
    vCash
    6150
    Rep Power
    967

    Re: Esks vs Stamps Labour Day rematch thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Moose Head View Post
    Assuming health status is good, the addition of Santos-Knox, SirVincent Rogers, and the return of Hightower will give this team a good shot at making a run down the stretch. Diggs is good, but he's a hot head who consistently costs penalty yardage. That's how you lose your starting job. Same can be said for Money Hunter. Santos-Knox and Hightower may be the biggest additions for the final third of the season. This is all assuming Harris' injury isn't bad. If it is, it's all a moot point.
    It will be interesting to see what changes are made as players get healthy.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Area
    Posts
    44,639
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    172

    Re: Esks vs Stamps Labour Day rematch thoughts

    I am not surprised that the receivers only run barely over 10 yard routes. I have been saying it for weeks, Harris is bound and determine to get that ball out of his hands as fast as he can. He doesn't have the ball in his hands long enough for a receiver to run any farther than 10 yards if you are lucky. So what's the point in drawing up plays where receivers run 15 yard patterns when the QB won't use them.

    well.. if the rumors are true with Harris having a arm/wrist/hand injury for weeks it could explain the extreme dink n dunk offense. I seem to do recall snaps from weeks ago we had receivers running deeper patterns. My issue is if the Esks knew about this weeks ago and knew it would hamper his ability to throw anything deepish/deep then why wasnt killgore prepped more. Not being able to throw anything really intermediate or long really handcuffs your offense - even worse when your run game is non existent.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,257
    vCash
    2000
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    124

    Re: Esks vs Stamps Labour Day rematch thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I wasn't at the game to see the new fire truck but given the comments, I am guessing it's not good.
    It's a clown car...esks brass got this one just as wrong as when they decided to use Roughrider green in the Commonwealth seating color scheme.
    RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

    "Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

    "When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

    "...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,118
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    183

    Re: Esks vs Stamps Labour Day rematch thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by adb View Post
    It's a clown car...esks brass got this one just as wrong as when they decided to use Roughrider green in the Commonwealth seating color scheme.
    There is a story about those seats I’m waiting for someone to tell it!

    Lol

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,865
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    102

    Re: Esks vs Stamps Labour Day rematch thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by adb View Post
    It's a clown car...esks brass got this one just as wrong as when they decided to use Roughrider green in the Commonwealth seating color scheme.
    This team baffles me at times and they probably think Esks fans are a bunch of whiners. The Esks take things away from the fans, things that used to be staples, things that made going to the games special, things that for many of us were some of the reasons we fell in love with this team. So the fan base complains, and complains and complains. So the Esks decide they are going to do something to address the complaints. But in doing that, they think they need to be smarter than us and try to make it "Better". Many of us complained about the in game being a bit boring that our entertainment value wasn't there anymore. We have all said for years that the music at Commonwealth sucks, that it does ZERO to bring up the energy in the crowd. We have said time and time again the issue isn't the songs, its when they play them and what song. When it's kick off time or time for the defense to start, you want the crowd to get fired up. So playing a high energy song is what you need. So what did the Esks do? They play the latest slow, methodical, very popular to the younger generation Drake song as an example. So we complain. So what do the Esks do. Instead of just changing the play list which should be easy, they decide to one up us and bring in a freaking hip hop DJ. So the hip hop DJ sits under his tent in the endzone and instead of the whole slow, methodical Drake song being played, the DJ mixes the slow Drake song with say … the latest Taylor Swift song. It's still the wrong freaking song but hey, they listened to us sort of. Halftime. Halftimes were boring. So what did they do? Bring in expensive, washed up rappers to sing for us for 12 mins. When in reality, most people would be perfectly happy if they brought the dogs back. Or mascot football. Or the legendary belly flop competition, or shumka. All that stuff was kind of silly but it was entertaining. I thought when they would have the fireman games, that was cool. Little kid football is always good. If you want to bring in a band, bring in a local band. But no, let's drop big money on someone no one cares about. Now the newest thing is the firetruck. I bet they have had people complaining about that for years. Getting rid if it was stupid. They finally cave and bring it back.. well sort of. They bring back a mini version. WHY???? Why can't you just slap on a new coat of paint, get the old truck tuned up and bring back what the people want? Why do they have to go sort of address what the people want but not do it fully? Not a SINGLE person would have complained if they brought back the old truck, old or new fan.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,118
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    183

    Re: Esks vs Stamps Labour Day rematch thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    well.. if the rumors are true with Harris having a arm/wrist/hand injury for weeks it could explain the extreme dink n dunk offense. I seem to do recall snaps from weeks ago we had receivers running deeper patterns. My issue is if the Esks knew about this weeks ago and knew it would hamper his ability to throw anything deepish/deep then why wasnt killgore prepped more. Not being able to throw anything really intermediate or long really handcuffs your offense - even worse when your run game is non existent.
    I’ll be honest with you, if my starter tells me he can go and is comfortable with a.. b.. c.. but not D or E.. I’m gonna let him go out there and not run D or E...

    That’s player coach relationships right there... I can’t say anything about stuff I have done myself... if fact just months ago..

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,548
    vCash
    13032
    Rep Power
    114

    Re: Esks vs Stamps Labour Day rematch thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by adb View Post
    It's a clown car...esks brass got this one just as wrong as when they decided to use Roughrider green in the Commonwealth seating color scheme.
    Seeing it come out was like the Stonehenge scene in Spinal Tap. Whoa it's small.

    I do applaud the effort even if the execution was poor though. Looking at the field on Friday, I don't think they could have done something too much bigger. It was tight in there.

    If we really want to know how effective it was, I'd be curious what the kids 8-12 years old thought, mine couldn't go on Saturday so I can't ask my own.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,118
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    183

    Re: Esks vs Stamps Labour Day rematch thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Seeing it come out was like the Stonehenge scene in Spinal Tap. Whoa it's small.

    I do applaud the effort even if the execution was poor though. Looking at the field on Friday, I don't think they could have done something too much bigger. It was tight in there.
    Didn’t the press release say old truck was dumped because they couldn’t make the turns at cw? Or something like that it was in the email that sent to the fans at the weekend..

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,548
    vCash
    13032
    Rep Power
    114

    Re: Esks vs Stamps Labour Day rematch thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Didn’t the press release say old truck was dumped because they couldn’t make the turns at cw? Or something like that it was in the email that sent to the fans at the weekend..
    I didn't see that myself, but others have said the same. I'd say it's true and even if it could make the turns, it likely would have needed to drive on the turf and I can't imagine that old thing was lightweight enough to warrant risking the damage to the turf that it could do.

  20. #20

    Re: Esks vs Stamps Labour Day rematch thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    I didn't see that myself, but others have said the same. I'd say it's true and even if it could make the turns, it likely would have needed to drive on the turf and I can't imagine that old thing was lightweight enough to warrant risking the damage to the turf that it could do.
    I think that was the issue as I believe Jerry was driving it right through the endzone on the North side because it was so packed over there.

    The old one is sitting up in the concourse in knothole corner in the south/west part of the stadium, it still runs, in fact they had it out at the k-days parade this year, but it seems like the issue must be driving that thing on the turf.

    My kids weren’t there on Saturday either as the wife and I had a rare date night which was nice, but I’m sure they’ll like it when they do see it, even if it does look a little funny to me.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    524
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    47

    Re: Esks vs Stamps Labour Day rematch thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    I think that was the issue as I believe Jerry was driving it right through the endzone on the North side because it was so packed over there.
    Yup, when they talk about there not being enough room for the old firetruck, they are talking about the area on the north side of the field.

    For me, sure having the original firetruck out there would be the best, but since that isn't going to happen, at least someone thought outside the box and was able to carry on a tradition. My kids (who have never seen the original actually drive around the track before) really liked the mini truck. My only real complaint would be that they should have a nice loud siren on the thing that they can blare while driving behind the opposition bench.
    Is it game day yet?????

  22. #22
    Diesel's Avatar
    Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

    Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    You tell me?
    Posts
    38,256
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    197

    Re: Esks vs Stamps Labour Day rematch thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I am not surprised that the receivers only run barely over 10 yard routes. I have been saying it for weeks, Harris is bound and determine to get that ball out of his hands as fast as he can. He doesn't have the ball in his hands long enough for a receiver to run any farther than 10 yards if you are lucky. So what's the point in drawing up plays where receivers run 15 yard patterns when the QB won't use them.


    I wasn't at the game to see the new fire truck but given the comments, I am guessing it's not good. I went to the website and read the write up on the firetruck. The old one had to be retired because it couldn't make the tight turns so they created a "fun sized" replica. I haven't been to Commonwealth this year so are their some renovations that made the turns tighter? Those radius's are pretty giant. I designs roads and big rig trucks can turn around come pretty tight corners so a vintage fire truck that isn't much longer than a pick up truck can't? My guess it's those stupid tailgating tents that have been at the end of the endzone that not a lot of people use is the reason? Maybe someone can comment on that. They still just don't get it do they.
    The Esks have 6 games left. 2 against Hamilton, 2 against the Riders, 1 against Ottawa, 1 against BC. I think .500 is best case but I could easily see them losing both games to Hamilton and Sask and going 2-4.
    That's exactly it. The clown car is a constant reminder that corporate $ trumps tradition and fan enjoyment. The reaction in the crowd in your old haunt was a resounding WHAT THE F**K IS THAT SH*T??!!??
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

  23. #23

    Re: Esks vs Stamps Labour Day rematch thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    That's exactly it. The clown car is a constant reminder that corporate $ trumps tradition and fan enjoyment. The reaction in the crowd in your old haunt was a resounding WHAT THE F**K IS THAT SH*T??!!??
    Is the field level seating in the endzone reserved specifically for corporate sponsors? I’ve never looked into that. To me it looks like a twofold issue of the endzone section sprawling onto the track and the additional turf that was added to make room for endzone corners leaving no room to drive through there without going over the playing surface. If it’s true that the original truck can’t drive on the field without destroying it then I’m not sure what they can do short of pushing that whole field level area up into the stands and getting rid of the tents, which maybe they can do, but that place was packed on Saturday.
    Last edited by ben_the_eskimo; 09-09-2019 at 03:47 PM.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    6,465
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: Esks vs Stamps Labour Day rematch thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    This team baffles me at times and they probably think Esks fans are a bunch of whiners. The Esks take things away from the fans, things that used to be staples, things that made going to the games special, things that for many of us were some of the reasons we fell in love with this team. So the fan base complains, and complains and complains. So the Esks decide they are going to do something to address the complaints. But in doing that, they think they need to be smarter than us and try to make it "Better". Many of us complained about the in game being a bit boring that our entertainment value wasn't there anymore. We have all said for years that the music at Commonwealth sucks, that it does ZERO to bring up the energy in the crowd. We have said time and time again the issue isn't the songs, its when they play them and what song. When it's kick off time or time for the defense to start, you want the crowd to get fired up. So playing a high energy song is what you need. So what did the Esks do? They play the latest slow, methodical, very popular to the younger generation Drake song as an example. So we complain. So what do the Esks do. Instead of just changing the play list which should be easy, they decide to one up us and bring in a freaking hip hop DJ. So the hip hop DJ sits under his tent in the endzone and instead of the whole slow, methodical Drake song being played, the DJ mixes the slow Drake song with say the latest Taylor Swift song. It's still the wrong freaking song but hey, they listened to us sort of. Halftime. Halftimes were boring. So what did they do? Bring in expensive, washed up rappers to sing for us for 12 mins. When in reality, most people would be perfectly happy if they brought the dogs back. Or mascot football. Or the legendary belly flop competition, or shumka. All that stuff was kind of silly but it was entertaining. I thought when they would have the fireman games, that was cool. Little kid football is always good. If you want to bring in a band, bring in a local band. But no, let's drop big money on someone no one cares about. Now the newest thing is the firetruck. I bet they have had people complaining about that for years. Getting rid if it was stupid. They finally cave and bring it back.. well sort of. They bring back a mini version. WHY???? Why can't you just slap on a new coat of paint, get the old truck tuned up and bring back what the people want? Why do they have to go sort of address what the people want but not do it fully? Not a SINGLE person would have complained if they brought back the old truck, old or new fan.
    You should have paragraphs to make it easier to read.
    If we were put on this earth to help others, what were the others put on earth for?

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    City of Champs
    Posts
    17,137
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    95

    Re: Esks vs Stamps Labour Day rematch thoughts

    That's the highlight of the year right there
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

    Superbowl Champs 2013.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •