Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 Edmonton Oilers Season Thread - Another Year of Stockholm Syndrome

vCash

Re: 2019-20 Edmonton Oilers Season Thread - Another Year of Stockholm Syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    The goalie who was 58th in save percentage last year and Holland signed to a 2M + 2M bonuses deal. Good job Ken.
    Yeah. You're right. the season is lost. The next 4, actually. As long as that bum that won Detroit all those cups is here.....

Just knew that would get posted.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

It's not that I've gotten older, kids. Your music really DOES suck!

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    Yeah. You're right. the season is lost. The next 4, actually. As long as that bum that won Detroit all those cups is here.....

Just knew that would get posted.
    Calm down. Don't be rude.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

Calm down. Don't be rude.
    You dish it, you can take it, mate.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

By the way, Ken Holland was GM in Detroit and won 2 of 3 cups during the salary cap era. They missed the playoffs only in the last 2 years he was there. What a TOTAL failure that guy is. WTF were the Oilers thinking hiring him!!! I get it all now.

Would we take 3 cups in 20 years? Playoffs 18 of 20 years? Obviously not. Not good enough dammitttt!!!! And you must fix ALL of Edmonton's problems from the last bunch of morons in 1 year! No long term plan allowed!!!

Mike Smith had one awful year with the Calgary Flames after going 6 of 7 years over .913 and is now not allowed a bad game or stretch. Even though at this point in his career he is a backup goalie who will play far less than half of the rest of the Oilers games this year.

Jeezuz.
    Last edited by Deathsdoorstep; 12-12-2019 at 10:21 PM.

vCash

7 bad games. In his last 9.

vCash

Mike Smith is 37 years old and was an absolutely atrocious bet to bounce back at his age. The fact he's a giant ******* every time he ****s the bed doesn't help things.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

The hot start is officially wasted and Kenny Holland did nothing to add to the group after it.

We have two Hart trophy nominees that he inherited and he can't add any god damn help. What a joke.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post
    The hot start is officially wasted and Kenny Holland did nothing to add to the group after it.

We have two Hart trophy nominees that he inherited and he can't add any god damn help. What a joke.
    Mate, it sucks that they lost, and every team goes through slumps.

But they put 37 shots on net tonight and only got 1 goal. Sometimes that's how the cookie crumbles.

Andersen stole a win for Toronto. Freaking out because Holland didn't mortgage the future for now does no good.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Mate, Holland won cups. Your criticism is clearly unwarranted.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

Mate, Holland won cups. Your criticism is clearly unwarranted.
    Finally you see truth. Not just cups, but a team that's competitive and makes the playoffs year after year after year.

Holland is right. You are so very wrong.

vCash

And look at the mess he left in Detroit, or does that not count?

Look at the mess he's already making here. He signed Chiasson for two years. He signed Mike Smith to a deal that will eat next years cap. He bought out his 4th best defenseman and will be paying him for 3 more years.

None of those moves scream "I want to help the team long term."

The Pens wanted to give Tristian Jarry away and he wouldn't touch him. Reimer could have been had for Brandon freaking Manning. Countless players have been placed on waivers that would instantly improve the team that he hasn't claimed for reasons unknown.

None of these lack of moves scream "I want to help the team long term."

The goalie he signed (and grossly overpaid) is now publicly whining that he's not getting enough ice time, publicly throwing his teammates under the bus for his **** performance and generally being the exact ******* he was in Calgary and was in Phoenix and always has been.
    Last edited by PDO; 12-15-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

And look at the mess he left in Detroit, or does that not count?

Look at the mess he's already making here. He signed Chiasson for two years. He signed Mike Smith to a deal that will eat next years cap. He bought out his 4th best defenseman and will be paying him for 3 more years.

None of those moves scream "I want to help the team long term."

The Pens wanted to give Tristian Jarry away and he wouldn't touch him. Reimer could have been had for Brandon freaking Manning. Countless players have been placed on waivers that would instantly improve the team that he hasn't claimed for reasons unknown.

None of these lack of moves scream "I want to help the team long term."

The goalie he signed (and grossly overpaid) is now publicly whining that he's not getting enough ice time, publicly throwing his teammates under the bus for his **** performance and generally being the exact ******* he was in Calgary and was in Phoenix and always has been.
    After 20 years? The last 2 years? Really? 3 cups. 18 years in the playoffs? Because in the last 2 years he couldn't make it 20 of 20? Because at long last they couldn't just re-load, they had to re-build?

Judging only by those last 2 years, which is what you are doing, don't deny it, is asinine. And the fact that you discount 18 years of success and 3 cups and focus on the last 2 shows exactly what your perspective is and why I should pay it no mind.

vCash

After 20 years? The last 2 years? Really? 3 cups. 18 years in the playoffs? Because in the last 2 years he couldn't make it 20 of 20? Because at long last they couldn't just re-load, they had to re-build?

Judging only by those last 2 years, which is what you are doing, don't deny it, is asinine. And the fact that you discount 18 years of success and 3 cups and focus on the last 2 shows exactly what your perspective is and why I should pay it no mind.
    They won one more playoff round than the Oilers in the aughts. Is that really the bar?

The Wings haven't won a round since Lidstrom retired.

The Oilers are *wasting Connor McDavid's prime.*
    Last edited by PDO; 12-15-2019 at 07:30 PM.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

They won one more playoff round than the Oilers in the aughts. Is that really the bar?

The Wings haven't won a round since Lidstrom retired.

The Oilers are *wasting Connor McDavid's prime.*
    They made the playoffs 18/20 years.

The Oilers' lack of success in the past is not Ken Holland's fault. He has a sound plan that, unfortunately, will require some patience, which is in low supply among Oiler fans. I get that. But he's still right, and you're still wrong. It all can't get fixed in one year.

vCash
    Blog Entries

I made this thread title as a joke.

I never knew that the Oilers would take the joke this far...
    Keep an open mind, and you never know who might walk in...

RIP Pizmo

vCash
    Blog Entries

But I'll tell you what, mate, I'll come on here and say "Angelus was right, all hail Angelus!" if they miss the playoffs. Will that soothe you? Maybe we can all throw a parade with chariots and horses and rose petals. Maybe a slave standing behind you whispering that "all glory is fleeting"? How's that sound? Will that be enough to meet your need to feel right at all times, regardless of how rude you are to others?
    But he's still right, and you're still wrong. It all can't get fixed in one year.
    But he's still right, and you're still wrong.
    The hypocrisy from this guy.

vCash

How are Oiler fans impatient? They have sucked with only one exception since the clown show started with the new ownership. They then hired the 29th best GM in the league to straighten things out.

I wish they would let PDO and Angelus manage the team. There is no way they could be worse.

vCash

The New Jersey Devils have traded star Taylor Hall and Blake Speers to the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for a 2020 conditional first-round draft pick, a conditional 2021 third-rounder, along with forward prospects Nate Schnarr, Nick Merkley and defenceman Kevin Bahl.

Devils retaining 50% of Hall's salary
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    The New Jersey Devils have traded star Taylor Hall and Blake Speers to the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for a 2020 conditional first-round draft pick, a conditional 2021 third-rounder, along with forward prospects Nate Schnarr, Nick Merkley and defenceman Kevin Bahl.

Devils retaining 50% of Hall's salary
    So a similar Edmonton package would have been something like Benson, Samoroukov, McLeod and the two conditional high picks. I think they could have found a way to make that work, and would have only needed to find a way to bury about $2M.

If only a rental, that would have been a tough sell for me. Signed, it would be a no brainer.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    So a similar Edmonton package would have been something like Benson, Samoroukov, McLeod and the two conditional high picks. I think they could have found a way to make that work, and would have only needed to find a way to bury about $2M.

If only a rental, that would have been a tough sell for me. Signed, it would be a no brainer.
    The problem is that the Oil have a shot at re-signing him. Would have cost them 3 prospects and two first rounders. That's just too much.

vCash

The problem is that the Oil have a shot at re-signing him. Would have cost them 3 prospects and two first rounders. That's just too much.
    True. It's a big package. If he re-signs in Arizona as a result though, I don't think they'd regret it but it's doubtful that he will. He spoke quite clearly in defense of Tavares' choice so he possibly wants to picks his home.

vCash

Smart by Chayaka to include a condition that will never be reached and equally dumb by Shero to value it.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash
    Blog Entries

That trade hurts my soul...on far too many levels...
    Keep an open mind, and you never know who might walk in...

RIP Pizmo

vCash

He's available in the offseason. If Holland had made that trade....I can imagine the complaining.

vCash

Caleb Jones is a more useful asset than anything Arizona gave up by a lot.

Arizona essentially dealt #25 in 2020 and #75 in 2021 for Taylor Hall.

The rest of that deal is lipstick on a pig.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Caleb Jones is a more useful asset than anything Arizona gave up by a lot.

Arizona essentially dealt #25 in 2020 and #75 in 2021 for Taylor Hall.

The rest of that deal is lipstick on a pig.
    It's almost like Kenny Holland was smart enough to not make that deal!

vCash

Connor's gonna ask out in 16 months and people are gonna blame the city while ignoring the horse **** management the last 5 years.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Connor's gonna ask out in 16 months and people are gonna blame the city while ignoring the horse **** management the last 15 years.
    Fixed.

vCash
    Blog Entries

I actually don't believe Connor will ask out. I don't think he would leave his friends Leon and Darnell like that.

But I also admit a man can only take so much. And if he's getting pressure from his family or Agent not to let his career get flushed down the toilet...then who knows what might happen.

vCash

Is the parade back on again?