Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 Edmonton Oilers Season Thread - Another Year of Stockholm Syndrome

vCash

Re: 2019-20 Edmonton Oilers Season Thread - Another Year of Stockholm Syndrome

Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    That's too bad.

vCash

I am really excited for NHL hockey to come back. I also like Edmonton's chances for a deep run. I hope they sweep Chicago.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    I am really excited for NHL hockey to come back. I also like Edmonton's chances for a deep run. I hope they sweep Chicago.
    I don't expect this to pay out or anything, but I took a shot.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

vCash

It all begins today. Let's go Oilers!

vCash

Did anyone see this goaltending disaster coming? Anyone?

vCash

Tippett has done a lot of good things for the Oilers. His blind loyalty to Smith is not one of them.

That first goal, a classic Smith back breaker, changed the momentum of the game, and I can only hope we can find back from it.

vCash

Hopefully that ensures that Holland doesn't re-sign Smith.

I think the Oilers will come back and win the series.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by nafnikufesin View Post
    Tippett has done a lot of good things for the Oilers. His blind loyalty to Smith is not one of them.

That first goal, a classic Smith back breaker, changed the momentum of the game, and I can only hope we can find back from it.
    The Oilers were completely dominated that first period. Even before the first Oilers goal...the play was all in the Oilers end. Smith was awful but so were 6 and 77. Probably the worst I've seen those two look. Hopefully better today!
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong

vCash

One thing I didn't miss during covid was all these Oilers fans telling Tippet what do to all because they ran a franchise in a ****ing video game

vCash

Best of 3! Huge win and effort. Looks like Mcdavid took his effort and criticism from game 1 personally! What a beast.

vCash

This series is all about one thing. The 50-50!!!!

vCash

The game starts in 7 hours. The 50/50 is already over $4 million.

vCash
    Blog Entries

I guess the economy can't be doing that bad if people have all this money to blow on 50/50.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

You can get a ticket for $5. Not really breaking the bank.

Now at $5 million

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bobby View Post
    You can get a ticket for $5. Not really breaking the bank.

Now at $5 million
    Yeah, I bet they got to 5M because people are only spending $5 on a ticket.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    Yeah, I bet they got to 5M because people are only spending $5 on a ticket.
    Obviously not everyone. Just saying minimum entry was affordable.

They shut down sales! Good lucky playas!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    I guess the economy can't be doing that bad if people have all this money to blow on 50/50.
    All the money they are saving by not actually going to the game, paying for the ticket, a burger, and a couple of beers?

Maybe AIMCo's next investment strategy will be buying up all the Oilers 50/50 tickets on Friday.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nafnikufesin View Post
    All the money they are saving by not actually going to the game, paying for the ticket, a burger, and a couple of beers?

Maybe AIMCo's next investment strategy will be buying up all the Oilers 50/50 tickets on Friday.
    People in this city don't exactly spend a lot of money on going to playoff hockey games if you know what I mean.

vCash

Considering what this city has been through this year (the last 3, really) it will be a total shame if the Oilers don't pull this out. Edmonton has been economically hardest hit of any city in Canada by the pandemic with over 15% unemployment and was already in recession prior to that. We NEEDED this morale boost and the Oilers are letting this whole city down.

Yes, there have been some bad calls. Yes, if the season had ended 1 day sooner....but that doesn't change the fact that the Oilers, man for man are by far the better team and should have won this qualifier in 3 or 4 games.

Chicago has worked harder than them. They clearly want it more. And the Oilers just have too many passengers. Somebody not wearing 97, 29 or 93 has to decide that they want to contribute something. Most players not wearing those numbers have flat out sucked.

Considering how the Oilers have played, I will be shocked if they can win two in a row. And that's not a compliment to Chicago, who I don't think have been very good at all. They've worked harder, but they still haven't been great. The Oilers, as a team, just haven't been committed. A few individuals have, but not the team as a whole.

Oiler fans are quite right to feel let down and pissed off.
    Last edited by Deathsdoorstep; 08-06-2020 at 06:33 PM.

vCash

Considering what this city has been through this year (the last 3, really) it will be a total shame if the Oilers don't pull this out. Edmonton has been economically hardest hit of any city in Canada by the pandemic with over 15% unemployment and was already in recession prior to that. We NEEDED this morale boost and the Oilers are letting this whole city down.

Yes, there have been some bad calls. Yes, if the season had ended 1 day sooner....but that doesn't change the fact that the Oilers, man for man are by far the better team and should have won this qualifier in 3 or 4 games.

Chicago has worked harder than them. They clearly want it more. And the Oilers just have too many passengers. Somebody not wearing 97, 29 or 93 has to decide that they want to contribute something. Most players not wearing those numbers have flat out sucked.

Considering how the Oilers have played, I will be shocked if they can win two in a row. And that's not a compliment to Chicago, who I don't think have been very good at all. They've worked harder, but they still haven't been great. The Oilers, as a team, just haven't been committed. A few individuals have, but not the team as a whole.

Agree. One thing I feel that is missing from sports nowadays is a focal point for criticism. At one time that was the print paper, now that is all lost. With social media, that criticism is spread out all over the place, with a million drummers all marching to their own beat.

And news media aand sports media, it is all kiss arse.

This current Oiler teams needs a good public shaming. Yes, reffing sucked in game three, but there was no excuse for the third period.

Oilers are done tomorrow, they have no passion, no leadership. Glad I didn’t renew my tickets, tired of supporting a passionless organization.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

Meh, the Oilers don't need the pressure of carrying the rest of the City. They need to put that out of their head. They need to focus on winning the next game, that is all.

Everyone needs to play with full intensity and smart. Doing it is not out of the realm of possibility.

vCash

Meh, the Oilers don't need the pressure of carrying the rest of the City. They need to put that out of their head. They need to focus on winning the next game, that is all.

Everyone needs to play with full intensity and smart. Doing it is not out of the realm of possibility.
    Hey, they can play for world peace or to stop racism. Just be passionate about something and play like it!

vCash
    Blog Entries

It's almost always the goaltending in the playoffs. They've been ****.

vCash

The 50/50 site is performing as badly as the team!

vCash

The 50/50 site is performing as badly as the team!
    But still making money, right?

vCash

Updated our servers my ass!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    But still making money, right?
    Barely

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    Updated our servers my ass!!!
    They need to get #97 on IT support ASAP!

vCash

So, let me get this right.

* Top-ranked western team in this qualifier round.
    * Playing against the lowest ranked team in this round.
    * Best player in the world on your roster.
    * Second-best player in the world on your roster.
    * All five games scheduled for your home rink.

You muster one win in four games, and are eliminated.

An embarrassment.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.