Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eskies vs Ticats - Ricky Ray night

vCash

Re: Eskies vs Ticats - Ricky Ray night

Well...I’ve watched just about every type of CFL game but this a new one.
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong

vCash

thought we were offside

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    how so? long way to go yet. watch out for the Zebras

vCash

We had a game against SK where they scored 23 in the first half and we won 24-23 off memory. At home.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Definitely a CFL game - anything could, and does, happen.

vCash

And 41 springs Hamilton for a huge return on a blatant illegal block.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Not so new... swapped roles though. A couple of years ago the Esks were up at CW 31-6, and the TiCats scored 31 straight to beat us 37-31. If it happens, this'll be sweet revenge.

Moved across the continent today...turned on the game when I arrived, at 24-0. I'm taking credit for the comeback
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Not so new... swapped roles though. A couple of years ago the Esks were up at CW 31-6, and the TiCats scored 31 straight to beat us 37-31. If it happens, this'll be sweet revenge.

Moved across the continent today...turned on the game when I arrived, at 24-0. I'm taking credit for the comeback
    where are you now?

- - - Updated - - -

Too tired keep watching, after midnight here. Go Esks ...!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Moon1 View Post
    where are you now?
    Princeton, for the school year. Then back to BC.

vCash

On the replay of the int did the Hamilton player leave the field and return to the field of play?
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

Esks showed some pride but will now go to week 17 still without a win against any of the playoff teams. (Week 16 is another minnow in Ottawa)

Can’t show up that unprepared to play for the 1st quarter.

vCash

Man. If this team doesn't get bad luck, it doesn't get any luck at all. They deserved better tonight.

vCash

I can only imagine what guys would say if Benny ran that horrendous play call that essentially ended the game on Hamilton's first play on their last drive.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Man. If this team doesn't get bad luck, it doesn't get any luck at all. They deserved better tonight.
    Hmm, I wouldn’t go that far. They completely no showed for the first 25 minutes of the game. Yes, kudos for not giving up but I don’t think any team that spots a 24-0 lead deserved a better fate.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    Hmm, I wouldn’t go that far. They completely no showed for the first 25 minutes of the game. Yes, kudos for not giving up but I don’t think any team that spots a 24-0 lead deserved a better fate.
    Perhaps I tuned in at 24-0 and saw a great comeback Also referring to the bank shot FG on the last play.

vCash

So last week Roberson blocks the field goal with his elbow to win. One inch to the left and it’s a Hamilton win

This week the field goal hits the post and goes in . One inch to the left and it’s overtime

Can’t catch a break

I thought the pass to Daniels that got called back as incomplete was a terrible call by the command center . We get that catch and we are on the three yard line. Score a TD there and we win this game

also just before the field goal to tie it 27-27 Kilgore missed ellingson by six inches for a first down that may have either led to a TD or at least enabled the esks to kill the rest of the clock before kicking the field goal ... inches

Would have been such a wonderful comeback . So depressing

vCash

Perhaps I tuned in at 24-0 and saw a great comeback Also referring to the bank shot FG on the last play.
    Right, I forgot you missed the 1st quarter! Trust me, they were all sorts of bad in that quarter!

vCash

First time I haven’t stayed up to watch the game ( when it’s been available ) in a LONG time

Don’t think I’ll watch it back on TiVo

Damn....

vCash

Just some quick thoughts before bed...

Hunter and Orange where picked on horribly first quarter. Positive I saw them switch Orange and Johnson.

Hunter can still go.

Gable too. IMO he's lost a step. He cant get it done up the middle with his constant stop and dance. - For everyone that is plus 4 yards theres dozens that plain out suck.

Can we stop running the stupid ass swing passes please. Next time Maas calls one someone slap him. They do not work for us.

Gee I can't wait to read Sewell's next inspired tweet. Sure saw a lot of him on the sidelines - and he dont look hurt.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and... the Esks need to do every number in gold and the same font as the 15 yard line. Its more sharp and imo is easier to read.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    Team looks completely outmatched and quite frankly, looks totally unprepared tonight.

As someone who wants Maas gone, I hope Harrisís injury doesnít save his job.

Diggs showboating after an interception in a game the Esks are getting dominated was embarrassing.
    Iím not saying there was a late night last night for some...but Iím just sayin.
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

vCash

I thought Kilgore was awful. He had open receivers all night. Arm strength is certainly not his specialty. I don't think he completed a pass to the wide side of the field all night long. Ugly.

Was amazing to be there live to see Ricky be honoured. I was shocked when he showed the emotion he did. I don't think he showed anything similar to that with the Argos first game celebration.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mattdunigan View Post
    So last week Roberson blocks the field goal with his elbow to win. One inch to the left and itís a Hamilton win

This week the field goal hits the post and goes in . One inch to the left and itís overtime

Canít catch a break

I thought the pass to Daniels that got called back as incomplete was a terrible call by the command center . We get that catch and we are on the three yard line. Score a TD there and we win this game

also just before the field goal to tie it 27-27 Kilgore missed ellingson by six inches for a first down that may have either led to a TD or at least enabled the esks to kill the rest of the clock before kicking the field goal ... inches

Would have been such a wonderful comeback . So depressing
    Ellingson should have caught that one....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    Just some quick thoughts before bed...

Hunter and Orange where picked on horribly first quarter. Positive I saw them switch Orange and Johnson.

Hunter can still go.

Gable too. IMO he's lost a step. He cant get it done up the middle with his constant stop and dance. - For everyone that is plus 4 yards theres dozens that plain out suck.

Can we stop running the stupid ass swing passes please. Next time Maas calls one someone slap him. They do not work for us.

Gee I can't wait to read Sewell's next inspired tweet. Sure saw a lot of him on the sidelines - and he dont look hurt.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and... the Esks need to do every number in gold and the same font as the 15 yard line. Its more sharp and imo is easier to read.
    Actually, I thought it was Johnson who was beaten badly on one of the early TD’s & it was certainly him again who was beaten on that 45-yarder to Addison on the first play after the KO after the tying FG late in the 4th.
    Johnson has been one of our DB’s this season, but he was horrible tonight.

vCash

What’s the major number needed to cross over? Obv our western hopes are gonzo now...

If we beat otta next week we’re pretty much sealed?

I haven’t got the heart to even check the standings

Heaven forbid we lose next week.. Jesus

vCash

I was not expecting our defence to be the cause of our problems. Why are we sending more than three on a pass rush with 35 seconds left in the game? That was crazy. We need to cover deep and make them take extra time finding receivers instead we give them big yards on the first play after the game tying field goal. Insane.

cmbuk, Three wins will put the Eskimos in the payoffs if the beat Ottawa next week.

vCash

So much for my hope that the defence could lock it down and the Esks maybe squeak out a win. Tough to win a game when you are down 24-0 before you put your first points on the board. 3 long bomb TD's by the Cats. It was nice to see they came back to make a game of it.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    What’s the major number needed to cross over? Obv our western hopes are gonzo now...

If we beat otta next week we’re pretty much sealed?

I haven’t got the heart to even check the standings

Heaven forbid we lose next week.. Jesus
    The Redblacks are by far the worst team in the league this year. No matter how bad it gets for the Esks the rest of the way, I see zero chance of the Redblacks catching the Esks.

But it is very disheartening to be handicapping our matchup with Montreal in the playoffs with 5 games still remaining. Feels like a lifetime ago that we were challenging for first place.

vCash

I don't know what defence was called on that last Ticat drive but how the hell do you give up an almost 30 yard pass in the dying seconds of the game. If the QB throws up the ball into coverage and the receiver just flat out makes a great catch, then you tip your hat to the receiver for making a play. The Cats receiver was wide open by a good 3-4 yards. How does that happen!!!
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    So much for my hope that the defence could lock it down and the Esks maybe squeak out a win. Tough to win a game when you are down 24-0 before you put your first points on the board. 3 long bomb TD's by the Cats. It was nice to see they came back to make a game of it.
    Our D hasn’t been able to shutdown or at least limit the production of other teams best players for a few weeks now. Whether that’s the fact we had an easy schedule or the changes in the secondary when Orange came back from injury is hard to determine.

Hamilton’s offence goes through Banks and Addison and they combined for 230 yards and 2 TDs. This after Begelton and Rogers combined for 325 yards and 3 TDs in the Stamps series sweep.

Early in the year the D was covering up for the O’s inability to finish drives but now the Esks are struggling in all facets of the game.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    Actually, I thought it was Johnson who was beaten badly on one of the early TD’s & it was certainly him again who was beaten on that 45-yarder to Addison on the first play after the KO after the tying FG late in the 4th.
    Johnson has been one of our DB’s this season, but he was horrible tonight.
    I'm pretty sure it was Orange/Hunter.. after the third ( fml) td it was switched. Correct me if wrong.as I could be mixing up players numbers. I've been super unimpressed with Orange

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was Orange/Hunter.. after the third ( fml) td it was switched. Correct me if wrong.as I could be mixing up players numbers. I've been super unimpressed with Orange
    Went and watched the hilights (ugh)

The hitch screen TD to Banks was on Orange’s side of the field

The Tucker TD was Johnson’s man. He just let him go by almost like he thought he had safety help which he didn’t.

The Addison TD was Hunter’s man, and he did have safety help in Hoover who also got beat deep. Hoover missed the tackle that could’ve prevented the TD.

On the Addison catch that led to the winning field goal, it looked like Johnson and Unamba got their coverages mixed up, as one should have had Banks underneath and one Addison, but they both got caught in no mans land covering neither.
    Last edited by T-BONE; 09-21-2019 at 10:21 AM.