Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Eskies vs Ticats - Ricky Ray night

vCash

Re: Eskies vs Ticats - Ricky Ray night

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I don't know what defence was called on that last Ticat drive but how the hell do you give up an almost 30 yard pass in the dying seconds of the game. If the QB throws up the ball into coverage and the receiver just flat out makes a great catch, then you tip your hat to the receiver for making a play. The Cats receiver was wide open by a good 3-4 yards. How does that happen!!!
    Your right
    Tbh our D has been trending down for over a month prob since around the bomber rematch but the lack of Redzone production has been more focal.. But our D is leaking points

I'm hoping we can turn this around

I can take losing , I understand football is a process and not just a win loss record but damn it's hard when u lose 4 bloody straight even with my coach hat on...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    Went and watched the hilights (ugh)

The hitch screen TD to Banks was on Orange’s side of the field

The Tucker TD was Johnson’s man. He just let him go by almost like he thought he had safety help which he didn’t.

The Addison TD was Hunter’s man, and he did have safety help in Hoover who also got beat deep. Hoover missed the tackle that could’ve prevented the TD.
    I've not even watched the hilights

vCash

Kilgore doesn't seem to have the arm strength to throw the long ball. A couple of interceptions were because he under-threw the ball to open receivers. Not impressed at all with him. Any chance Jeremiah Briscoe is up to speed yet if needed?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eskie54 View Post
    Kilgore doesn't seem to have the arm strength to throw the long ball. A couple of interceptions were because he under-threw the ball to open receivers. Not impressed at all with him. Any chance Jeremiah Briscoe is up to speed yet if needed?
    Agree with this, on his last interception he stepped into it and gave it his all. It was well under thrown in picked. Not quite the arm strength needed for pro football.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by eskfan152 View Post
    Agree with this, on his last interception he stepped into it and gave it his all. It was well under thrown in picked. Not quite the arm strength needed for pro football.
    Excellent point! He can’t make the long throw across the field either, as Harris has done several times already, particularly to Adjey.
    On at least 2 occasions, we had a receiver in the clear on a bomb, but Kilgore couldn’t get the ball to him.
    In my opinion, this is a massive fail by Sunderland in failing to properly recruit a back-up QB who can step in & play when your starter goes down. Ffs, Kilgore didn’t play at all last season & his overall CFL experience is lacking.
    Can’t they look at tape & assess his arm strength & ability to throw on a CFL field?
    And listening to Maas’s comment post-game about when Harris might return doesn’t exactly inspire any belief that he might be back soon.

vCash

Wonder if there may be a certain turtle in our future if Trevor doesn't return immediately...
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

That would be awesome!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Wonder if there may be a certain turtle in our future if Trevor doesn't return immediately...
    Turtle?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    Turtle?
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

What makes you think Franklin would want to come back here to be a backup again?
    If we were put on this earth to help others, what were the others put on earth for?

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    What makes you think Franklin would want to come back here to be a backup again?
    1) His career in Toronto has gone beyond the gutter and into the sewer. He absolutely needs a fresh start.

2) Harris is already 33, while Franklin is only 28.

Mind you, there's a strong chance (in fact, likely a reality) that his time in Toronto has left him as "damaged goods".
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

we got a Briscoe and Troy Williams on PR (stint with Seahawks TC?) that im interested in their capabilities. Lets really test what they have.
    This is the time to spot duty more reps and have an early assessment on whether theyre worth working on and keeping to see if theyve got what it takes to be starter in this league. Harris still good but will be trending down very shortly with age.
    Anyone know Troy Williams?
    and whatever happened to Eli Jenkins?

damn… fairly quiet time on these boards after this game..
    its funny, this board seems busier when I have trouble keeping up with posts/long reads during the Monday- Fridays daytime hrs (work)
    no one here works? lol.....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_12 View Post
    we got a Briscoe and Troy Williams on PR (stint with Seahawks TC?) that im interested in their capabilities. Lets really test what they have.
    This is the time to spot duty more reps and have an early assessment on whether theyre worth working on and keeping to see if theyve got what it takes to be starter in this league. Harris still good but will be trending down very shortly with age.
    Anyone know Troy Williams?
    and whatever happened to Eli Jenkins?

damn… fairly quiet time on these boards after this game..
    its funny, this board seems busier when I have trouble keeping up with posts/long reads during the Monday- Fridays daytime hrs (work)
    no one here works? lol.....
    We cut Eli Jenkins last preseason.. shame.. I liked his skill so haven’t watched the game or the highlights yet... I can’t comment on the game.. I’m to disheartened atm to digest it..

As for the other QBs on our roster .. if harris can go sat he better anything less than an eskimo win and the season is over.. we will prob get caught by bc.. looking at schedules... they have a far easier run in

Then it gets embarrassing and we’re prob gonna be looking for new coaches etc etc sad times

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    1) His career in Toronto has gone beyond the gutter and into the sewer. He absolutely needs a fresh start.

2) Harris is already 33, while Franklin is only 28.

Mind you, there's a strong chance (in fact, likely a reality) that his time in Toronto has left him as "damaged goods".

Didn’t realise harris was 33 lol i forcsure thoight he was 31 lol

Damn

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    Excellent point! He can’t make the long throw across the field either, as Harris has done several times already, particularly to Adjey.
    On at least 2 occasions, we had a receiver in the clear on a bomb, but Kilgore couldn’t get the ball to him.
    In my opinion, this is a massive fail by Sunderland in failing to properly recruit a back-up QB who can step in & play when your starter goes down. Ffs, Kilgore didn’t play at all last season & his overall CFL experience is lacking.
    Can’t they look at tape & assess his arm strength & ability to throw on a CFL field?
    And listening to Maas’s comment post-game about when Harris might return doesn’t exactly inspire any belief that he might be back soon.
    What did maas say re: Harris?
    Last edited by cmbuk; 09-22-2019 at 05:09 AM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post

The question about Harris comes around 2:50. Maas seems a little vague about the timeline for Harris' return. Nothing concrete here, but I sense Harris might not be ready for Ottawa this upcoming week.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

We cut Eli Jenkins last preseason.. shame.. I liked his skill so haven’t watched the game or the highlights yet... I can’t comment on the game.. I’m to disheartened atm to digest it..

As for the other QBs on our roster .. if harris can go sat he better anything less than an eskimo win and the season is over.. we will prob get caught by bc.. looking at schedules... they have a far easier run in

Then it gets embarrassing and we’re prob gonna be looking for new coaches etc etc sad times

- - - Updated - - -

Didn’t realise harris was 33 lol i forcsure thoight he was 31 lol

Damn

- - - Updated - - -

A win against the Redblacks and a win against the Lions will lock up a playoff spot.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    A win against the Redblacks and a win against the Lions will lock up a playoff spot.
    Fingers crossed we get em!

Confidence is a powerful thing and we have zero

Only thing I’ll add without actually watching so it’s an open handed comment but u HAVE to thing the team is still pulling in 1 direction together fighting back from 24-0 down

vCash

Hope Harris is 100 percent and can go. I want no part of Kilgore running our offense.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    Hope Harris is 100 percent and can go. I want no part of Kilgore running our offense.
    It didn't bode well seeing our QB out there wearing # 15 on Ricky Ray night . R.R. could throw left handed better that that. Gave me flashbacks of the 60's when we had a revolving door of QB's.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    It didn't bode well seeing our QB out there wearing # 15 on Ricky Ray night . R.R. could throw left handed better that that. Gave me flashbacks of the 60's when we had a revolving door of QB's.
    Well we are stuck with Logan for a few more games by the sound of it.. so let’s hope he fairs better Vs Ottawa.. mike reilly has ALL day to throw last night and bc’s line isn’t exactly the best..

I’d LOVE to know what our record is coming off the bye? We always come out flat as ****.. I have no idea why it’s like the bye hinders ya more than helps

vCash

Well we are stuck with Logan for a few more games by the sound of it.. so let’s hope he fairs better Vs Ottawa.. mike reilly has ALL day to throw last night and bc’s line isn’t exactly the best..

I’d LOVE to know what our record is coming off the bye? We always come out flat as ****.. I have no idea why it’s like the bye hinders ya more than helps
    At least Ottawa doesn't seem to have a QB that is a real run threat, so we hopefully can pin our ears back and get at their QB. Get back to what we did at the start of the season on D.

Kinda scary that Ellingson was targeted 8 times and caught 3, while Daniels was 2 of 10. Mostly on the QB for sure though. Looks like we would be better of staying to the medium stuff . Hoping for a big game from Ellingson with him returning to Ottawa.

Imagine Thorpe will be looking to big big time heat on Logan.

vCash

gross.. nothing Kilgore does makes me feel ok he's starting QB. I'd rather roll with Briscoe

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    gross.. nothing Kilgore does makes me feel ok he's starting QB. I'd rather roll with Briscoe
    Yup I agree Looks like Kilgore has a noodle good for NFL fields not our CFL ones. Briscoe looks to have a Cannon and Accurate to boot. 7 TD's in one game a NCAA record He shares with Pat Mahomes.

Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by danlaurin View Post
    Yup I agree Looks like Kilgore has a noodle good for NFL fields not our CFL ones. Briscoe looks to have a Cannon and Accurate to boot. 7 TD's in one game a NCAA record He shares with Pat Mahomes.

You need a way stronger arm in the NFL than the CFL. The windows are way tighter.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by danlaurin View Post

He’s prob no where near ready mentally ..... u can’t just throw kids out there that’s how careers are killed

If maas can turn Burris into an mop then hopefully we can make Kilgore serviceable for a few weeks!

It’s our D that need to put 4 qtrs together though tbh with u

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    At least Ottawa doesn't seem to have a QB that is a real run threat, so we hopefully can pin our ears back and get at their QB. Get back to what we did at the start of the season on D.

Kinda scary that Ellingson was targeted 8 times and caught 3, while Daniels was 2 of 10. Mostly on the QB for sure though. Looks like we would be better of staying to the medium stuff . Hoping for a big game from Ellingson with him returning to Ottawa.

Imagine Thorpe will be looking to big big time heat on Logan.
    "Targeted" seems a generous term for Kilgore, who was inaccurate in the first half. A number of under and over thrown balls; and three interceptions.
    We looked much better in the second half. I though Gable had a strong game, willing a few first downs. Tevaun Smith had maybe his best game making a few critical first down catches. Christion Jones helped our field position with a few great returns.

vCash

I'm not sure we can beat the Lions. They aren't the pushovers they were at the start of the season.

vCash

I'm not sure we can beat the Lions. They aren't the pushovers they were at the start of the season.
    I kind of agree with you. The Esks beat the Lions mainly because Reilly didn't have time to grip the ball before he was either getting pressured, hit or sacked. The Lions Oline has been a lot better the last 3 games. If they can give Reilly time, he could pick apart the Esks pretty weak looking secondary.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I kind of agree with you. The Esks beat the Lions mainly because Reilly didn't have time to grip the ball before he was either getting pressured, hit or sacked. The Lions Oline has been a lot better the last 3 games. If they can give Reilly time, he could pick apart the Esks pretty weak looking secondary.
    I take it with a grain of salt. Yes, the BC O-line is better. However, everyone who plays Ottawa looks good lately, so it’s hard to know how much better BC actually is.

vCash

All the public talking of Kilgore is annoying. Morley said on the coaches show tonight "I thought he did his job." He was PATHETIC.

He cannot complete a throw to the wide side of the field. He had Greg Ellingson open 3 or 4 times and he failed to connect with him. He threw an absolute duck up to the endzone that Greg Ellingson had to make a spectacular catch on, even though he was wide open.

On the last drive, he had Greg Ellingson on the short side of the field on an out route, totally missed him, and we had to kick a FG with more time on the clock. If he completes that, he moves the chains to potentially score a touchdown and at the very least, Whyte kicks a shorter FG with less time on the clock.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EsksTMac View Post
    All the public talking of Kilgore is annoying. Morley said on the coaches show tonight "I thought he did his job." He was PATHETIC.

He cannot complete a throw to the wide side of the field. He had Greg Ellingson open 3 or 4 times and he failed to connect with him. He threw an absolute duck up to the endzone that Greg Ellingson had to make a spectacular catch on, even though he was wide open.

On the last drive, he had Greg Ellingson on the short side of the field on an out route, totally missed him, and we had to kick a FG with more time on the clock. If he completes that, he moves the chains to potentially score a touchdown and at the very least, Whyte kicks a shorter FG with less time on the clock.
    Man your tough on players and coaches behind a keyboard. Would you walk up to Kilgore and tell him to his face that he’s “PATHETIC”? They are also human beings. And in this league they are human beings just looking to make an honest living unlike other pro leagues.

vCash

If they beat the Red Blacks, the second win doesn't need to be against BC. It would be enough regardless who the win came against. That said, this scenario hasn't considered Toronto.

Basically, the magic number to eliminate Ottawa is 3. If they win Saturday, that drops it by 2, leaving only one Edmonton win or Ottawa loss for Edmonton to clinch vs. them.

The magic number to eliminate BC is only 2 because of the tiebreaker, so beating Ottawa Saturday drops the number down to one as well. Alternatively, Edmonton beating BC on Thanksgiving weekend would be all it takes to clinch against them even if they lost the other 4.

The magic number vs. Toronto is also 3 so there is an outside chance of them catching as well, and three of their games are vs. BC/Ottawa. There is a small unlikely scenario that Toronto wins all 6 of their games, and if they did, Edmonton would actually need to find a 3 win somewhere to close them out.

So essentially, they still technically need 3 wins with the most crucial being Saturday. I suspect by end of day Saturday though, that Toronto scenario disappears.

Looking at the schedule though, if Edmonton fails against Ottawa, they still control their fate, but it looks a heck of a lot more dicey particularly since there are so many games between Ott/Tor/BC that one of them could still make a run.

___

PS. None of my scenarios considered ties as they are so rare.
    Last edited by bone; 09-24-2019 at 09:57 AM.