Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 213

Thread: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,750
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    711

    Attention Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    I will remain optimistic about this game but I believe we are going to need our D to step up big time in this one, maybe even put up a score (we are overdue)

    #PizStrong

  2. #2

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    Excited to see Knox, also think sitting Orange is the right move at this point.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,750
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    711

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    Excited to see Knox, also think sitting Orange is the right move at this point.
    Agreed, our secondary seemed to be better when he wasn't in it, for some reason.
    #PizStrong

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    5,853
    vCash
    1864
    Rep Power
    101

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    I may have to watch this game with my eyes closed. This could be a good ol' ass-whoppin'...by Hamilton.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Area
    Posts
    44,701
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    179

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    Watch Hunter have a another good game - because he's with Johnson.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    258
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    Glass for Orange is no issue for me. Still wonder why Walker cant find his way onto the starting secondary. Maybe I'm missing something....

    I think the Esks are going to see a healthy dose of Sutton. The boys up front better be ready for the challenge...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,750
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    711

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by SKIP12 View Post
    Glass for Orange is no issue for me. Still wonder why Walker cant find his way onto the starting secondary. Maybe I'm missing something....

    I think the Esks are going to see a healthy dose of Sutton. The boys up front better be ready for the challenge...
    This is 100% speculation on my part as I haven't paid enough attention to Walker to comment with confidence but I'm guessing the reason he's in the lineup is his versatility to play SAM as well as HB. Glass may be better suited for the corner but doesn't offer the versatility that Walker does.
    #PizStrong

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lethbridge, AB
    Posts
    2,518
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    91

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    Iím looking forward to finding out if the success our D had when it was Johnson and Hunter on the boundary earlier this year was because of the personnel or the easier schedule.

    The D got worse when Orange came back from injury but that also coincided with tougher opposition.

    For those who are fellow hardcore fantasy players, does Sutton being listed as the starter mean Irons will be the lead back?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    City of Champs
    Posts
    17,205
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    106

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    Orange was fantastic game 1.... and has not been the same since he hurt his knee. Frustrating, not his fault, but ultimately likely the right decision to pull him.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

    Superbowl Champs 2013.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,750
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    711

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    Wonder who is going to be the odd man out tomorrow. I would normally say Bazzie but I think he had a good game against Ottawa registering 3 special teams tackles to go with his 2 defensive tackles, making the decision a little tougher.
    #PizStrong

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,226
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    204

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    I don’t see a ass whopping coming..

    I’m expecting a close game tbh

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,750
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    711

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    I don’t see a ass whopping coming..

    I’m expecting a close game tbh
    I hope you are right. Going to need to win the turnover battle FOR SURE and hopefully get some key ones at key times.
    #PizStrong

  13. #13

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    I don’t see a ass whopping coming..

    I’m expecting a close game tbh
    I think it’s gonna be close too, I’d be more confident about coming out on top if Harris was healthy, but I think we’re gonna give ourselves a chance at least.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,943
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    105

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    I hope someone reminds the Esks, especially the secondary what time the game is. There is a time change being out east so it might get a bit confusing. It would be nice not to give the team 3 long bomb TD's in the first quarter.

    I am not expecting much but I would LOVE to be pleasantly surprised by this game.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,269
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    33

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    Hamilton is going to beat us like a Sunday morning boner.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,750
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    711

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I hope someone reminds the Esks, especially the secondary what time the game is. There is a time change being out east so it might get a bit confusing. It would be nice not to give the team 3 long bomb TD's in the first quarter.

    I am not expecting much but I would LOVE to be pleasantly surprised by this game.
    they stayed out east, so the time change shouldn't be a factor.
    #PizStrong

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    460
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    Well Jason Maas is theoretically a master at designing/coordinating offences so hopefully Logan Kilgore will finally show something on the field in Hamilton. Leaving it all in the hands of the D is a questionable strategy against the Tiger-Cats.

    Radically Canadian!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sherwood Park
    Posts
    4,701
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    95

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    I guess if Maas can get Kilgore to not under throw or over throw we should be good.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,943
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    105

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    they stayed out east, so the time change shouldn't be a factor.
    I am aware but thanks for pointing that out. My comment was meant more as a smartass comment about the team not being ready to go last game. You don't see a team give up 3 long bomb TD's in 1 game very often, let alone in a quarter. IMO it speaks to the team not being ready to go. It can't happen again.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,750
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    711

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I am aware but thanks for pointing that out. My comment was meant more as a smartass comment about the team not being ready to go last game. You don't see a team give up 3 long bomb TD's in 1 game very often, let alone in a quarter. IMO it speaks to the team not being ready to go. It can't happen again.
    you are correct, we cannot wait a quarter to get going today or this is going to get ugly. In regards to them staying down east, I didn't know you were aware.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    I guess if Maas can get Kilgore to not under throw or over throw we should be good.
    See that's my issue, seems to me the plays have been there but not executed. How many times have we seen wide open receivers, specifically Daniels, get under or over thrown?
    #PizStrong

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,980
    vCash
    1326
    Rep Power
    228

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    I guess if Maas can get Kilgore to not under throw or over throw we should be good.
    So we're running or throwing 3 yards on every play???
    In Rod we trust

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,943
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    105

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    you are correct, we cannot wait a quarter to get going today or this is going to get ugly. In regards to them staying down east, I didn't know you were aware.
    I know because I don't agree with everything you say and have my own opinion that you assume I am clueless but I actually do pay attention to what's going on with the team.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    2,498
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
    Hamilton is going to beat us like a Sunday morning boner.
    Could be post of the year!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,750
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    711

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I know because I don't agree with everything you say and have my own opinion that you assume I am clueless but I actually do pay attention to what's going on with the team.
    You are running away with a non story here, I seriously didn't mean anything by it.
    Last edited by Looner; 10-04-2019 at 11:59 AM.
    #PizStrong

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,615
    vCash
    21182
    Rep Power
    134

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    I guess if Maas can get Kilgore to not under throw or over throw we should be good.
    Well, I think it's a minor miracle he found a gameplan that didn't result in a single interception last week despite attempting a couple long balls, so there's that, but I'm in the same boat as not trusting Kilgore's accuracy at all yet.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,980
    vCash
    1326
    Rep Power
    228

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    I'll be happy if the eskimos score more points than the golden knights tonight
    In Rod we trust

  27. #27

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I am aware but thanks for pointing that out. My comment was meant more as a smartass comment about the team not being ready to go last game. You don't see a team give up 3 long bomb TD's in 1 game very often, let alone in a quarter. IMO it speaks to the team not being ready to go. It can't happen again.
    I think it was more to do with the starting secondary getting bounced around constantly, they gotta try and limit that going forward and let those guys settle in.

    So much of good secondary play is reliant on communication, especially against a team like the Ticats who use a lot of speed and misdirection to try and confuse the D in their pre-snap reads. That’s not the time you want to be trotting out a new configuration in the secondary.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,562
    vCash
    2867
    Rep Power
    192

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
    Hamilton is going to beat us like a Sunday morning boner.
    Having trouble visualizing this. Please elaborate.

    Like really, please do.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Well, I think it's a minor miracle he found a gameplan that didn't result in a single interception last week despite attempting a couple long balls, so there's that, but I'm in the same boat as not trusting Kilgore's accuracy at all yet.
    I would think that Kilgore’s last outing vs Hamilton- the 2nd half of it anyway- should give him some confidence, although that partly may have been due to Hamilton letting off pressure. In any case, Steinauer’s D will be well prepared & coming hard at the Eskimos O.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    7,291
    vCash
    100
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    162

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    Having trouble visualizing this. Please elaborate.

    Like really, please do.
    Next thing you know Smartie's Inbox is full of porn....
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,615
    vCash
    21182
    Rep Power
    134

    Re: Eskies vs Hammy - this could get ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Next thing you know Smartie's Inbox is full of porn....
    As they say. Be careful what you wish for.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •