Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Throwing It Out There...

Attention Just Throwing It Out There...

Jason Maas’ record as a HC prior to August 13, 2018: 27-17

Jason Maas’ record as a HC since August 13, 2018: 11-14

What happened on August 13, 2018? Maas admitted on live radio that he hadn’t been disciplined enough and vowed to change his approach going forward.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/edmonton...discipline/amp

It’s pretty clear to me that what we need is for Jason to shut out all the outside criticism and just be his true passionate self, this new passive Jason isn’t working.

vCash

Re: Just Throwing It Out There...

It’s a valid conversation..

It’s like taking your dog to the vet to have him snipped..

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    It’s a valid conversation..

It’s like taking your dog to the vet to have him snipped..
    I don’t think it’s a coincidence...

Mind you 6 games without a healthy QB1 has been a major issue as well.

vCash

Just throwing it out there...

I sure wish Kilgore could do that.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
    Just throwing it out there...

I sure wish Kilgore could do that.
    he does... he throws it out there... really out there...nowhere close to a receiver

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    Jason Maasí record as a HC prior to August 13, 2018: 27-17

Jason Maasí record as a HC since August 13, 2018: 11-14

What happened on August 13, 2018? Maas admitted on live radio that he hadnít been disciplined enough and vowed to change his approach going forward.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/edmonton...discipline/amp

Itís pretty clear to me that what we need is for Jason to shut out all the outside criticism and just be his true passionate self, this new passive Jason isnít working.
    Very good observation and it does seem to be the case. Jason has certainly toned down his fiery demeanour. Sadly the team is still taking a lot of penalties so his new approach didn't work anyhow.

vCash

I'm no fan of Maas as coach, but it's not his fault that he wasn't provided with a bona-fide backup QB or star receivers. The blame for that rests elsewhere.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    I'm no fan of Maas as coach, but it's not his fault that he wasn't provided with a bona-fide backup QB or star receivers. The blame for that rests elsewhere.
    Honestly I would do whatever it takes to bring dwalk back home at this point.. ellingson Collins Knox Unamba whomever Toronto want. Bring him home...

We need a guy...

vCash

The Esks are #1 in net offence and net defence. Claiming that Sunderland hasn’t provided Maas with a capable roster doesn’t hold water with me.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    The Esks are #1 in net offence and net defence. Claiming that Sunderland hasn’t provided Maas with a capable roster doesn’t hold water with me.
    Where are they since Harris went down?
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

Where are they since Harris went down?
    Kilgore sucks, I don’t think anybody is disputing that.

But the Esks have 3 receivers in the top 15 in yards, nobody else has that many. Yes, we lack a stud receiver that some other teams have but I would argue we have better depth as Daniels, Ellingson and Collins are all performing like solid #2 guys.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    Kilgore sucks, I don’t think anybody is disputing that.

But the Esks have 3 receivers in the top 15 in yards, nobody else has that many. Yes, we lack a stud receiver that some other teams have but I would argue we have better depth as Daniels, Ellingson and Collins are all performing like solid #2 guys.
    Just saying that a great QB can give average guys good numbers. Especially in a 9 team league. And Harris is exceptional.

The Eskimos were 6-5 until Harris got hurt. They are 1-3 since.

I'm not saying Maas doesn't carry some blame here. God knows I've complained about him enough. But no capable backup QB? Not his fault.

Just saying that a great QB can give average guys good numbers. Especially in a 9 team league. And Harris is exceptional.

The Eskimos were 6-5 until Harris got hurt. They are 1-3 since.

I'm not saying Maas doesn't carry some blame here. God knows I've complained about him enough. But no capable backup QB? Not his fault.
    And he was playing injured in two of those losses. The Esks were 6-3 when Harris was healthy, but 1-5 since he got hurt.

The fact that we lead the league in net offence and net defence tells you that the coaching schemes on both side of the ball are solid, just little execution errors and lack of finish at times has held us back.

vCash

Completely agree. I don't want to get in trouble by some for criticizing Brock but this roster isn't as good as people thought it was.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3Q6qQSgX8_/?hl=en

At the end of the day, it's only a game yeah?

Another tidbit: Duke signed by bills onto roster. Off the PR.

And yeah, this PC idea that head coach can't get angry and lose it once in a while showing emotion for something he really cares in for fear of people taking it as a sole negative is wrong
    Last edited by Maas_12; 10-06-2019 at 03:54 PM.

vCash

Wasn't this Maas not getting angry all about not getting the 'undisciplined' penalties. It didn't help. The Eskimos have been penalized more than their opposition 13 games out of 15. One of those other two games they were even. They are going to get the penalties, that much is clear.

Old Maas might as well come back. Be who you are.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    Completely agree. I don't want to get in trouble by some for criticizing Brock but this roster isn't as good as people thought it was.
    Not really true.

6-3 with a healthy Harris. Maas and Harris are to blame for playing a hurt QB, no? How is that Brock's fault?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    Not really true.

6-3 with a healthy Harris. Maas and Harris are to blame for playing a hurt QB, no? How is that Brock's fault?
    Because, like I said before, he didn't provide a capable backup QB. NO team goes a full 18 games with their starting QB, mate. They always get hurt. The 6-3 is a reflection of Harris' talent, not the whole roster.

vCash

Because, like I said before, he didn't provide a capable backup QB. NO team goes a full 18 games with their starting QB, mate. They always get hurt. The 6-3 is a reflection of Harris' talent, not the whole roster.
    This is a valid criticism, one that was glaring to me post training camp. Let's hope Briscoe develops the right way and is the next Dane Evans but we didn't have the horses to cover a Harris injury this year.

Everytime Kilgor throws up a long bomb I feel like he's playing a game of 500. Wonder if he yells "50 points" as he's chucking it
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    This is a valid criticism, one that was glaring to me post training camp. Let's hope Briscoe develops the right way and is the next Dane Evans but we didn't have the horses to cover a Harris injury this year.

Everytime Kilgor throws up a long bomb I feel like he's playing a game of 500. Wonder if he yells "50 points" as he's chucking it
    And closes his eyes!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    Not really true.

Who did the Esks beat to get 6-3? They played BC twice, Toronto twice, squeaked out a win against the RedBlacks and beat the ALs in game 1 when they weren't starting Adams yet.

I am not taking all the blame off Maas but the coach coaches the players he's given. I see lots of teams succeeding with their back ups.
    Last edited by Sectionq; 10-07-2019 at 12:35 PM.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    Who did the Esks beat to get 6-3? They played BC twice, Toronto twice, squeaked out a win against the RedBlacks and beat the ALs in game 1 when they weren't starting Adams yet.

I am not taking all the blame off Maas but the coach coaches the players he's given. I see lots of teams succeeding with their back ups.
    Is that because their backups are superior, or because their schemes are good enough to shield their backups' weaknesses and put them in positions to succeed? That's the real question.
    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

Back-up below average QB will not get it done.
    A group of REC that are below what we have had in years past is not getting it done. Williams > Ellington, Walker > Daniels, Mitchell > Collins.
    A RB who looks like he is a bit slower that years past. Gable also look heavier then years past. A step slower and a slower in making cuts/decisions is not getting it done.

As far as MASS, I have mixed emotions. I kinda feel like he is a much better coordinator then a head coach at times. Cant put my finger on it, but he seems like he needs to get back to being the coach who loses his marbles once in a while. Hate to see him go at the end of the season because he will be scooped up asap as a O coordinator.

It could be worse, We could be TOR or BC......O wait maybe not BC. I have a bad feeling that BC coming in here to settle the score. One EE win or BC lose and we in the crossover. I admit that i am a bit nervous.

vCash

I said this last year and still feel strongly about it. Who better is out there than JM? That name also needs to include an OC who is better than JM because we all know its his O.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    Wasn't this Maas not getting angry all about not getting the 'undisciplined' penalties. It didn't help. The Eskimos have been penalized more than their opposition 13 games out of 15. One of those other two games they were even. They are going to get the penalties, that much is clear.

Old Maas might as well come back. Be who you are.
    Time for Maas to be Maas. We are going to get ****ed anyways may as well be who we and he can be in the mean time. Get pissed. Beat the **** outta a headset, Launch a gatorade Cooler yards.

vCash

Yes, but this time launch it!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    I said this last year and still feel strongly about it. Who better is out there than JM? That name also needs to include an OC who is better than JM because we all know its his O.
    At this point last year, I don't think anyone would have foresaw Khari Jones having the success he's had this year. So we can't continue to look at it this way.

I've been all in on Maas for most of his time here, but this annual tendancy to go into major slumps around Labour Day is just too much to continue to overlook.

2019 - 6-3 to start. Now looking down the barrel of a 1-8 or 2-7 finish.
    2018 - 6-3 to start. 3-6 to finish.
    2017 - 7-0 to start before reeling off 6 straight losses. Fortunately they got back on track to finish, but any season that features a 6 game losing streak is a problem.

His most consistent season was likely his first but even that one was 2 wins, then 3 losses, then 3 wins, then 3 losses before going 5-1 to finish.

I'm starting to have a problem with a coach that can't seem to pick his teams up quickly when they go off the rails.

He's fully a momentum coach, which is great when they are on a roll but you can't trust them when times are tough.

vCash

If the best defence for a keeping a coach is who would you replace him with, I question how good that coach is.

There are 3 first year head coaches just this season who have better records than Maas so I don’t buy the “but who would you replace him with” argument.

I would expect a professional football organization to be capable of finding suitable replacements.

vCash

Agree I’m still on board the the maas bandwagon..

I can see him getting canned though. I’m just hoping we don’t..

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Agree I’m still on board the the maas bandwagon..

I can see him getting canned though. I’m just hoping we don’t..
    I wouldn't be upset if he was canned either.