Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: We're #1!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sitting in front of a pint
    Posts
    4,507
    vCash
    2175
    Rep Power
    77

    Attention We're #1!

    https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/edmonton...mxiKictNBJz6uY

    Okay, some interesting choices of variables to make this decision on, but we do rank #1 in the CFL and NFL combined.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    City of Champs
    Posts
    17,205
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    106

    Re: We're #1!

    I really don't want to give that a click but I do feel we live in the runaway best time zone for pro sports.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

    Superbowl Champs 2013.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,750
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    711

    Re: We're #1!

    Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post
    I really don't want to give that a click but I do feel we live in the runaway best time zone for pro sports.
    depends on what your work hours are. I typically start early and end early so the west coast games can be a little late for me when I'm in Alberta but since moving to BC I've been able to watch as much as I've wanted AND some of the game start right after I'm off work so there isn't a waiting period
    #PizStrong

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,615
    vCash
    21182
    Rep Power
    134

    Re: We're #1!

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    depends on what your work hours are. I typically start early and end early so the west coast games can be a little late for me when I'm in Alberta but since moving to BC I've been able to watch as much as I've wanted AND some of the game start right after I'm off work so there isn't a waiting period
    I think the small advantage here is that the early games are still at least late enough to get home or to a bar. 4PM starts would be tough to balance for a large portion of people.

    By far the worst is Halifax or Newfoundland. When I was there last year in preseason games donít start until 11. Thatís awful.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,750
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    711

    Re: We're #1!

    Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    I think the small advantage here is that the early games are still at least late enough to get home or to a bar. 4PM starts would be tough to balance for a large portion of people.

    By far the worst is Halifax or Newfoundland. When I was there last year in preseason games don’t start until 11. That’s awful.
    for sure, I'm lucky enough to make my own schedule and games at 4 work really well for me
    #PizStrong

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    103
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: We're #1!

    Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    I think the small advantage here is that the early games are still at least late enough to get home or to a bar. 4PM starts would be tough to balance for a large portion of people.

    By far the worst is Halifax or Newfoundland. When I was there last year in preseason games don’t start until 11. That’s awful.
    Watching from Ottawa, the BC games are a bit tough when they start at 10.
    There are better things in the world than beer but beer sort of compensates for not getting them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •