Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: We're #1!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sitting in front of a pint
    Posts
    4,507
    vCash
    2175
    Rep Power
    77

    Attention We're #1!

    https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/edmonton...mxiKictNBJz6uY

    Okay, some interesting choices of variables to make this decision on, but we do rank #1 in the CFL and NFL combined.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    City of Champs
    Posts
    17,214
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    108

    Re: We're #1!

    I really don't want to give that a click but I do feel we live in the runaway best time zone for pro sports.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

    Superbowl Champs 2013.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,760
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    720

    Re: We're #1!

    Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post
    I really don't want to give that a click but I do feel we live in the runaway best time zone for pro sports.
    depends on what your work hours are. I typically start early and end early so the west coast games can be a little late for me when I'm in Alberta but since moving to BC I've been able to watch as much as I've wanted AND some of the game start right after I'm off work so there isn't a waiting period
    #PizStrong

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,623
    vCash
    19182
    Rep Power
    136

    Re: We're #1!

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    depends on what your work hours are. I typically start early and end early so the west coast games can be a little late for me when I'm in Alberta but since moving to BC I've been able to watch as much as I've wanted AND some of the game start right after I'm off work so there isn't a waiting period
    I think the small advantage here is that the early games are still at least late enough to get home or to a bar. 4PM starts would be tough to balance for a large portion of people.

    By far the worst is Halifax or Newfoundland. When I was there last year in preseason games donít start until 11. Thatís awful.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,760
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    720

    Re: We're #1!

    Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    I think the small advantage here is that the early games are still at least late enough to get home or to a bar. 4PM starts would be tough to balance for a large portion of people.

    By far the worst is Halifax or Newfoundland. When I was there last year in preseason games don’t start until 11. That’s awful.
    for sure, I'm lucky enough to make my own schedule and games at 4 work really well for me
    #PizStrong

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    103
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: We're #1!

    Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    I think the small advantage here is that the early games are still at least late enough to get home or to a bar. 4PM starts would be tough to balance for a large portion of people.

    By far the worst is Halifax or Newfoundland. When I was there last year in preseason games don’t start until 11. That’s awful.
    Watching from Ottawa, the BC games are a bit tough when they start at 10.
    There are better things in the world than beer but beer sort of compensates for not getting them.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    14,615
    vCash
    1462
    Rep Power
    172

    Re: We're #1!

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    for sure, I'm lucky enough to make my own schedule and games at 4 work really well for me
    It took quite some time for me to get used to having games start at 4 PM after living in Alberta my whole life!
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

    Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

    #PizStrong

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    I'm not entirely sure myself...
    Posts
    6,311
    vCash
    2500
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    87

    Re: We're #1!

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    depends on what your work hours are. I typically start early and end early so the west coast games can be a little late for me when I'm in Alberta but since moving to BC I've been able to watch as much as I've wanted AND some of the game start right after I'm off work so there isn't a waiting period
    Agree, living PST is fantastic if you're a sports fan.

    On the flip side, I'm about to move from Edmonton to a place in EST. Can't say that I'm too thrilled with what it'll do for my sports viewing ability...but on the flip side, I will be able to attend more NCAA Div 1 games in person!
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Squamish, BC
    Posts
    15,593
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    274

    Re: We're #1!

    I just moved into the eastern time zone from the wet coast (temporarily)...losing a lot of sleep on those Esk home games and especially the west coast games.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,988
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    231

    Re: We're #1!

    Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    It took quite some time for me to get used to having games start at 4 PM after living in Alberta my whole life!
    It's great in Vegas happy hour + game on early
    In Rod we trust

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •