Thread: BYE week goodbye

vCash

Article BYE week goodbye

looks like our team stagnation has slowed this groups following of news.

some bye week tidbits w/ former esks. main one being .........

BOWMAN calls it a career officially
    https://www.tsn.ca/long-time-edmonto...ment-1.1382640
    Thank you Bowman. Even with the drops that i got super pissed about

DUKE WILLIAMS article great read on BILLS roster and how he viewed his time here/CFL
    https://www.tsn.ca/former-edmonton-e...nity-1.1382494

READ IT!! ^^^. You usually dont see someone bring up the CFL on their journey once theyre already down there. At least not unprovoked. Which i dont think he was necessarily provoked, esp to add as much as he did.

Grymes tears ACL done for year

vCash

Re: BYE week goodbye

Thanks for posting Maas_12. Great read on Duke.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Thanks for posting Maas_12. Great read on Duke.
    Agreed. I also enjoyed the read on Adarius. Too bad he was 500 yards short of 10,000 for his career but a great career nonetheless. Would love the Eskimos to sign him to a 1 day contract so that he could retire an Eskimo.
    “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_12 View Post
    Grymes tears ACL done for year
    Wondered if that was the case when I saw how emotional he was on the sideline.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    Wondered if that was the case when I saw how emotional he was on the sideline.
    With that type of injury, he’ll likely miss a good chunk of next season as well....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    With that type of injury, he’ll likely miss a good chunk of next season as well....
    He signed a one-year deal with the Lions this year, so a lot of uncertainty for his future.

vCash

He signed a one-year deal with the Lions this year, so a lot of uncertainty for his future.
    They’ll still be on the hook for his rehab, but he won’t have a pay cheque coming in for awhile....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    They’ll still be on the hook for his rehab, but he won’t have a pay cheque coming in for awhile....
    That is the frustrating thing for an athlete. I'm sure he signed a one-year, hoping that the new contract would lead to better opportunities in 2020 and beyond. Right now, despite his history in the league, he's starting at (near) the bottom rung again, due to the severity of the injury. Tough break.

vCash

fashion-biker-biker_gang-motorbike-signature-look-rmcn474_low.jpg

Hopefully none of the players are unclear about what the bi-week is about

vCash

That is the frustrating thing for an athlete. I'm sure he signed a one-year, hoping that the new contract would lead to better opportunities in 2020 and beyond. Right now, despite his history in the league, he's starting at (near) the bottom rung again, due to the severity of the injury. Tough break.
    Damn I did not realize he too, just like Derel Walker, only signed the one year deal. As you alluded to, looks like maybe took lesser on a one year hoping to parlay a big season this year (with expectation of new BC regime and more success) into a better deal the next. Now kinda backfiring. Sad to see also as I believe Grymes only last year had another child? Remembering seeing him at GC festival with youngin. Got to put food on the table!

vCash

It’s the bye week, I’m in Calgary with the family so I’m going to take my son to the Stamps/Bombers game tonight. When I told him we’d go he said “And we’re going to cheer for the Bombers right dad?” Raising him right!

vCash

JE
    Quote Originally Posted by eskfan152 View Post
    It’s the bye week, I’m in Calgary with the family so I’m going to take my son to the Stamps/Bombers game tonight. When I told him we’d go he said “And we’re going to cheer for the Bombers right dad?” Raising him right!
    You have learned well young Jedi master...

good job Dad!!!!!!

vCash

For the record, I would gladly sign Aaron Grymes back in the off-season and let him rehab for half the year.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EsksTMac View Post
    For the record, I would gladly sign Aaron Grymes back in the off-season and let him rehab for half the year.
    Not worth the risk..

Shame, feel bad for him but I wouldn’t put any money into that type of injury. That said John White has bounced back and looks great.. So u never know..

vCash
    Blog Entries

It took Blanco how long to get back to form though?
    Insert witty comment here...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    It took Blanco how long to get back to form though?
    Yes a couple of years...

Most people just don’t come back at all.. that’s why I personally wouldn’t invest a roster spot or money on him ( grymes )... just the reality of ball..

vCash
    Blog Entries

Farewell, Edmonton

As long as this is the BYE thread, this is probably as good a place as any to say goodbye to the City of Edmonton. In a few minutes, I'll be on a one way flight out east, preparing to go to a new job out of the country. (And no, it's not because of the election... )

There's so many things that I'm going to miss about this city. The skyline at night...the River Valley in summer...walking around Hawrelak Park...and of course, cheering on the Eskimos on a +22 Friday night at Commonwealth Stadium.

Just on its own, CW has so many memories. There was my first game against the Renegades in 2005...Ricky's last win as an Esk in 2011...the Argonaut beatdown where Odell Willis and Dexter McCoil combined for a TD on an INT and lateral...and most importantly, the West Final against Calgary in 2015. Still thankful that I got to see that.

But I'm especially thankful for the privilege of being on this site. It's been so great to talk about the Esks here, and to meet up with some of you in person.

Looking forward to the day when I can bring my own children to CW to cheer on the ESKIMOS...name change or not.

See you later, YEG.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Re: Farewell, Edmonton

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    As long as this is the BYE thread, this is probably as good a place as any to say goodbye to the City of Edmonton. In a few minutes, I'll be on a one way flight out east, preparing to go to a new job out of the country. (And no, it's not because of the election... )

There's so many things that I'm going to miss about this city. The skyline at night...the River Valley in summer...walking around Hawrelak Park...and of course, cheering on the Eskimos on a +22 Friday night at Commonwealth Stadium.

Just on its own, CW has so many memories. There was my first game against the Renegades in 2005...Ricky's last win as an Esk in 2011...the Argonaut beatdown where Odell Willis and Dexter McCoil combined for a TD on an INT and lateral...and most importantly, the West Final against Calgary in 2015. Still thankful that I got to see that.

But I'm especially thankful for the privilege of being on this site. It's been so great to talk about the Esks here, and to meet up with some of you in person.

Looking forward to the day when I can bring my own children to CW to cheer on the ESKIMOS...name change or not.

See you later, YEG.
    Good luck in your new career as a mail order husband....I've heard Siberia is lovely this time of the year however get yourself 2 yaks when you're there.....when the time comes you'll know why.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Okey, wouldn't it have been faster to go west to Siberia?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    Okey, wouldn't it have been faster to go west to Siberia?
    He wanted the scenic route
    In Rod we trust

vCash

He's going to be a mail order husband spy...in Siberia!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    He's going to be a mail order husband spy...in Siberia!
    or is he...
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    or is he...