Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: The Jason Kenney Report Card

vCash

Re: The Jason Kenney Report Card

Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    You really think the optics of having political parties applying for subsidy is ok? I don't care what side of the ledger you are on...this all looks awful. It looks bad on Trudeau and the Liberals because they ARE the government. It looks awful on Scheer and the Cons because of their previous statements regarding CERB. And it looks awful on Kenney and the provincial Cons because they chose to gut the job market but must continue to pay their employees greatly inflated salaries. Excuse me while I barf at this crap...
    Yes. I do. I want a healthy democracy. Not broke political parties. I also think politicians are paid far too little.
    Currently Playing: Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4), Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4), NHL 20 (PS4), FIFA 20 (PS4), Disco Elysium (PC)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    Nobody is donating. Period. They qualify. No business, or non-profit has to list their contingency or reserve to qualify for the wage subsidy, only that their revenues have declined 30%. And with the parties, they absolutely have. These parties have large operations and just ran an election 7 months ago. They can't just coast for months and months. Without donations they will burn through cash fast, like any other enterprise. They employ people. They qualify. This is a non-issue except for those so ill informed as to think all politicians are crooks.
    I am actually the financial officer in my local riding office which is why I know a lot about the finances. I donate my time to the riding association and work from home I know Donations have slowed to about 1/3 or less in many ridings but once again there is enough in the kitty that POLITICAL Parties (I never said elected officials are crooks) should not be receiving Federal Emergency monies
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by danlaurin View Post
    I am actually the financial officer in my local riding office which is why I know a lot about the finances. I donate my time to the riding association and work from home I know Donations have slowed to about 1/3 or less in many ridings but once again there is enough in the kitty that POLITICAL Parties (I never said elected officials are crooks) should not be receiving Federal Emergency monies
    So, their employees are somehow less worthy than employees at other non-profits? They QUALIFY FFS! Employees need to be paid. There may be money in the kitty in your local riding office, but that won't last for long, and your reserves aren't a factor in if you qualify for the subsidy or not. Besides, it is not the volunteers who sit on the board for constituency associations who are at risk.
    Currently Playing: Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4), Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4), NHL 20 (PS4), FIFA 20 (PS4), Disco Elysium (PC)

vCash

Perhaps the political parties have too many employees and should reduce staffing when they can't pay the bills - that apparently is the way the UCP fixed Education in Alberta.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    So, their employees are somehow less worthy than employees at other non-profits? They QUALIFY FFS! Employees need to be paid. There may be money in the kitty in your local riding office, but that won't last for long, and your reserves aren't a factor in if you qualify for the subsidy or not. Besides, it is not the volunteers who sit on the board for constituency associations who are at risk.
    We can agree to disagree I guess.
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

vCash

vCash

vCash