Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Jason Kenney Report Card

vCash

Re: The Jason Kenney Report Card

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

The fact that the Kenney government isn't shutting down schools and post-secondaries as a pandemic is spreading shows a monumental amount of stupidity, arrogance and shortsightedness.

Shocking. China only contained it they way they did with extreme measures not available to western governments. They are now reporting very few new cases....3 months later.

The key to containment is early and decisive action. Not half-measures.
    Currently Playing: Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4), Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4), NHL 20 (PS4), FIFA 20 (PS4), Disco Elysium (PC)

vCash

Don’t forget churches & other places of worship. That was a huge contributing factor to the massive community transmission in Italy.

Steve Vale is offline Wear some golf shoes, otherwise we'll never get out of this place alive.
    Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    Don’t forget churches & other places of worship. That was a huge contributing factor to the massive community transmission in Italy.
    And Korea.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Vale View Post
    And Korea.
    Yes, of course. Wasn’t thinking of the cult in the same way, but it is a religious group

vCash

Central Alberta physicians resign from ER ahead of government cancellation of master agreement

“Seven family physicians have handed in their resignation for emergency room practicing privileges at the Stettler Hospital and Care Centre. Their decision follows one by the Alberta government to end its master agreement with doctors and introduce new rules starting April 1.”

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/mobile/r...RpogVMNlzDIbaY

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    The fact that the Kenney government isn't shutting down schools and post-secondaries as a pandemic is spreading shows a monumental amount of stupidity, arrogance and shortsightedness.

Shocking. China only contained it they way they did with extreme measures not available to western governments. They are now reporting very few new cases....3 months later.

The key to containment is early and decisive action. Not half-measures.
    Shows the amount of respect he has for those in the teaching profession too IMO. Work from home if you can, unless you're a teacher, EA, principal etc, then make sure you're babysitting the oil and gas workers kids.

Extreme? Yes but it does reek of that.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

vCash

Alberta radiologists 'bewildered and demoralized' as province cancels contracts amid COVID-19 pandemic

Radiologists are "bewildered and demoralized" after the Alberta government gave notice on Friday, amid the global COVID-19 pandemic, that it would be terminating contracts signed months earlier with three of the largest diagnostic-imaging providers in the province, says the head of their professional association.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...emic-1.5499535

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Alberta radiologists 'bewildered and demoralized' as province cancels contracts amid COVID-19 pandemic

Radiologists are "bewildered and demoralized" after the Alberta government gave notice on Friday, amid the global COVID-19 pandemic, that it would be terminating contracts signed months earlier with three of the largest diagnostic-imaging providers in the province, says the head of their professional association.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...emic-1.5499535
    They negotiated a contract 3 months ago that included a retroactive fee reduction, so many radiologists had to cut cheques back to the government for overpayments dating back to 2018. And the government still rips this contract up? Screw it, I'm getting out of this province.

vCash

Pending...
    Last edited by Hugoagogo; 03-17-2020 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Withdrew until I could verify

vCash

Western Canadian Select Crude hovering just above $9 right now.

vCash

As I've said 100 times before, for all the any of our prov gov'ts have taken credit for blamed others for the economy the 'glory' of global markets simply means we have zero control over our own economies, zero. A border spat between two middle east states or a Donald Trump whim has 1,000 times more effect than anything we do.

As I said before, double and tripling down on the oil economy was as dumb as you can get.

At least we have the 30 million dollar war room to save us.

vCash

Time for me to get myself into even more trouble.

Funny how large parts of the population hate the governments, hate paying taxes, hate any and all government actions (of any political affiliation).

Then the moment things sideways for citizens OR business it is all "SAVE US!" The government has to save me! I don't care what it costs!"

vCash

It is governments that shut everything down, so...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Time for me to get myself into even more trouble.

Funny how large parts of the population hate the governments, hate paying taxes, hate any and all government actions (of any political affiliation).

Then the moment things sideways for citizens OR business it is all "SAVE US!" The government has to save me! I don't care what it costs!"
    I think there is a middle ground between "no government anywhere" and "the government is always the solution to all of our problems!!!". But, hey, I'm a rational human being that lives in the centre. The mushy middle is where it's at, babe.
    Currently Playing: Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4), Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4), NHL 20 (PS4), FIFA 20 (PS4), Disco Elysium (PC)

vCash

vCash

The Alberta government is promoting the Telus health app, where Telus collects your health information, it's been banned in other provinces because it dictates which drugs get prescribed, and it's run by doctors from out of province. In the middle of a pandemic, our government is actively destroying our public system and bringing in private, for profit health care. And of course, one of the people that stands to profit from this just happens to be our Minister of Health.

Thanks UCP voters.

vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by nafnikufesin View Post
    The Alberta government is promoting the Telus health app, where Telus collects your health information, it's been banned in other provinces because it dictates which drugs get prescribed, and it's run by doctors from out of province. In the middle of a pandemic, our government is actively destroying our public system and bringing in private, for profit health care. And of course, one of the people that stands to profit from this just happens to be our Minister of Health.

Thanks UCP voters.
    At what point can this be considered criminal and we can get the RCMP involved. Good thing the $30M war room is being used to defend him on this as well.

vCash

ding ding ding... we have a winner

vCash

vCash

- - - Updated - - -

yes... I follow a sock on twitter

vCash

Everything is so stacked in favour of renters right now what more does the government have to do for them.

That tweet looks like a criminal offence.

I'm no fan of Kenny's or his government but some of this stuff is crossing a line.

vCash
    Blog Entries

I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination...but if you're evicted for late payment of rent, doesn't it take a few months for it to get sorted out while they do the eviction process, get the court orders, get the bailiffs involved to serve the eviction and then still need a sheriff or officer of some sort to enforce the physical eviction? We had a tenant that was two months late on rent and it was as simple as them paying part of the rent that started the process all over again because they were "trying to make amends". This was a few years ago, but it's not like they're getting kicked to the street on the 2nd of the month.
    Well, gentlemen, by all means, I think we ought to have an introspective moment of silence for poor old Tin-Tin.

vCash

Jason Kenney apparently believes that he cannot possibly lose the next election in 2023. He's 100% wrong about that.

Tyler Shandro should be removed from cabinet immediately.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination...but if you're evicted for late payment of rent, doesn't it take a few months for it to get sorted out while they do the eviction process, get the court orders, get the bailiffs involved to serve the eviction and then still need a sheriff or officer of some sort to enforce the physical eviction? We had a tenant that was two months late on rent and it was as simple as them paying part of the rent that started the process all over again because they were "trying to make amends". This was a few years ago, but it's not like they're getting kicked to the street on the 2nd of the month.
    I'm not a fan of Kenney and his lackeys, but I'm happy someone else is pointing it out. There's enough out coming along to suggest those who won't be able to pay rent over the next little while because of the hardships created by this will be protected, and even Kenney's said as much. The only difference in his statements vs. other jurisdictions from what I can tell is that he's also trying to protect landlords who have ongoing issues with specific renters, including criminal activity. The one's just starting to miss payment April 1st because of Covid aren't likely the biggest concern.

I'll use my parents as an example. They only have one salary between the two of them as one is medically unable to work and only started renting their old property because it wouldn't sell and they needed a way to keep paying the second mortgage. They aren't renting it to have shiny things but to cover their own basics. Whatever is put in place needs to balance their rights as well as the renters. My parents obviously aren't interested in moving someone out right now and finding another renter, but if it came to pass that the renter was running illegal activities or willfully damaging their property, they need some way to protect themselves as well.

This is the danger in coming out and basically giving renters carte blanche to do whatever they want for the next six months.

vCash

The government of BC is allowing landlords to proceed with evictions that are not related to Covid-19. They understand that there are those exceptions of people taking advantage of landlords that must be dealt with. They are also providing an (up to) 500 dollar payment direct to the landlord from the gov for those tenants that are unable to pay their rent as a result of quarantine or layoffs due to the Covid-19 economic situation.

I'm happy with the way BC is taking care of both the tenant and the landlord.
    Last edited by Hugoagogo; 03-27-2020 at 02:22 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    Jason Kenney apparently believes that he cannot possibly lose the next election in 2023. He's 100% wrong about that.

Tyler Shandro should be removed from cabinet immediately.
    I don't care which party it is his actions are inexcusable.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

What did Shandro do now?

vCash

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ners-1.5511288

Tyler Shandro: Putting the "unhinged" in Unhinged Clown Posse.

Of course, now that I've posted this, expecting a knock at my door in 3...2...1...