Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: The Jason Kenney Report Card

vCash

Re: The Jason Kenney Report Card

wrong thread...
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Well, here we go. Kenney & the UCP will use any opportunity to wipe out public health care

CTV Calgary - Province details $500M plan for utilizing private clinics to reduce surgical wait times

vCash

Kenney should learn from Notley's mistakes. If you want the changes you make to stick, you have to win more than just one term. Like the NDP before them, the UCP are governing like they will be one and done and don't care.
    Currently Playing: Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4), Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4), NHL 20 (PS4), FIFA 20 (PS4), Disco Elysium (PC)

vCash

vCash

Fiscally responsible conservatives

vCash

That's the only job creation he's bloody well done!

Meanwhile people at post-secondary institutions are losing their jobs by the boatload.
    Currently Playing: Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4), Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4), NHL 20 (PS4), FIFA 20 (PS4), Disco Elysium (PC)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    That's the only job creation he's bloody well done! Meanwhile people at post-secondary institutions are losing their jobs by the boatload.
    Don't forget this masterstroke. https://twitter.com/jkenney/status/1182147792761835520
    Last edited by bone; 05-19-2020 at 09:01 AM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Don't forget this masterstroke.

https://twitter.com/jkenney/status/1182147792761835520

Well it is an oil job, french fry oil
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Has anyone tried to contact their UCP MLA to voice concerns?
    My first email took 3 months to respond too. I've moved and my new MLA requires proof of address before they would respond. I thought that was ridiculously stupid but sent my address and I'm still waiting on that response (2 months). Is this a common issue amongst Albertans?
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Has anyone tried to contact their UCP MLA to voice concerns?
    My first email took 3 months to respond too. I've moved and my new MLA requires proof of address before they would respond. I thought that was ridiculously stupid but sent my address and I'm still waiting on that response (2 months). Is this a common issue amongst Albertans?
    It should not be. In a past life I worked for an MP. Inquiries were responded to day-of.

vCash

It should not be. In a past life I worked for an MP. Inquiries were responded to day-of.
    Same. In my experience, I don't recall proof of address as being a requirement to get a response from an MLA.

vCash

I've been writing to health ministers for two decades whenever I have concerns about various aspects of patient care. Shandro is the only minister that has not responded. I should have posted a meme on Facebook, then at least I could have got a driveway meeting.

vCash

Same. In my experience, I don't recall proof of address as being a requirement to get a response from an MLA.
    "With due respect, I am required to confirm your residential address in order to be certain that your email has come to the most efficient place in the process. MLA’s representing the riding you reside in are in the best position to advocate on your behalf. Should Mr. Walker not be your local MLA, we would like to be able to provide you the contact information as appropriate. We ask this as we receive many emails from individuals all across Alberta as well as we have two MLA’s serving Sherwood Park. Thank you for your cooperation."

My concerns have nothing to do with my riding. Moreso Bill 22, Shandro, and some other non-sense they are trying to pull. Any MLA could hear my concerns, but I think this is just a way to have less to respond too (no one wants to share their address after Shandro's stunt).
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by nafnikufesin View Post
    I've been writing to health ministers for two decades whenever I have concerns about various aspects of patient care. Shandro is the only minister that has not responded. I should have posted a meme on Facebook, then at least I could have got a driveway meeting.
    I thought you did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    "With due respect, I am required to confirm your residential address in order to be certain that your email has come to the most efficient place in the process. MLA’s representing the riding you reside in are in the best position to advocate on your behalf. Should Mr. Walker not be your local MLA, we would like to be able to provide you the contact information as appropriate. We ask this as we receive many emails from individuals all across Alberta as well as we have two MLA’s serving Sherwood Park. Thank you for your cooperation."

My concerns have nothing to do with my riding. Moreso Bill 22, Shandro, and some other non-sense they are trying to pull. Any MLA could hear my concerns, but I think this is just a way to have less to respond too (no one wants to share their address after Shandro's stunt).
    Wow. So much for democratic process. They've basically shut the door to public inquiries, and accountability.

vCash

my mother works for Andrew Scheer you know that already thought. If someone has a problem she tries to help them solve it point blank doesn't matter if they're from Regina-Qu'appelle or any riding. That's BS run around.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

It shouldn't be. Like tigerdar says, you help the person inquiring, regardless of where they live. Full stop. Had I played politics with casework I would have been fired on the spot by the MP I worked for. I also wasn't allowed to say he wasn't there if he was, no matter how angry or loony the caller was.

vCash

These guys are such an utter disaster, remove environmental protections, rescind ban on open pit coal mining in the foothills.

The war room is going to have to be working over time. If you want any outside investment in energy you have to show you are MORE than responsible environmental wise. These dicks are setting this province back decades.

Just a genuine legit stupid way to run things. Just awful.

vCash

They don't believe it is possible to lose the next election, now 2 years, 11 months away. But they are wrong. The UCP still lead the NDP in the polls, but Kenney's favorable/unfavorable is 42%/48% right now.

vCash

First and foremost, Conservatives will always take care of their own

vCash

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politi...id=mailsignout

Alberta's governing United Conservative Party is applying for the federal government's emergency wage subsidy program, a party spokesperson confirmed to Global News.

According to the UCP, it is applying for the program to cover employees' salaries as donations to the party have dwindled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

"As we had previously noted, our fundraising opportunities have been restricted during the pandemic and we have lost fundraising events in our 2020 calendar due to the restrictions on gatherings," UCP director of communications Evan Menzies said in a statement to Global News.

This is Ridiculous
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

vCash

I wonder how all the Neo-Cons on my facebook/twitter are going to react to that news...
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by danlaurin View Post
    http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politi...id=mailsignout

Alberta's governing United Conservative Party is applying for the federal government's emergency wage subsidy program, a party spokesperson confirmed to Global News.

According to the UCP, it is applying for the program to cover employees' salaries as donations to the party have dwindled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

"As we had previously noted, our fundraising opportunities have been restricted during the pandemic and we have lost fundraising events in our 2020 calendar due to the restrictions on gatherings," UCP director of communications Evan Menzies said in a statement to Global News.

This is Ridiculous

Could there also be other reasons

vCash

I believe that most political parties, including the federal Conservatives, Liberals, NDP, and Greens, have also applied.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

vCash

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada...tjt?ocid=ientp

Conservative leadership candidates, including frontrunners Peter MacKay and Erin O’Toole, are slamming their own party for taking the federal COVID-19 wage subsidy that sees public funds cover 75 per cent of an employer’s payroll.

The federal Conservatives, Liberals and NDP have all said they applied for the wage subsidy due to a drop in political donations, and have already received funds. The Bloc Quebecois did not apply and does not plan to.

Disgusting there is no way a Freakin Political party even the Liberals whom I support should be taking these emergency funds. The funds are for normal Canadian Citizens who need to pay bills not Political parties who fundraise Millions to pay their staffers.
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

vCash

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada...tjt?ocid=ientp

Conservative leadership candidates, including frontrunners Peter MacKay and Erin O’Toole, are slamming their own party for taking the federal COVID-19 wage subsidy that sees public funds cover 75 per cent of an employer’s payroll.

The federal Conservatives, Liberals and NDP have all said they applied for the wage subsidy due to a drop in political donations, and have already received funds. The Bloc Quebecois did not apply and does not plan to.

Disgusting there is no way a Freakin Political party even the Liberals whom I support should be taking these emergency funds. The funds are for normal Canadian Citizens who need to pay bills not Political parties who fundraise Millions to pay their staffers.
    There are perfectly good Canadians who work for those parties, mate. There's nothing wrong with them getting the wage subsidy. If the donations have dried up they would likely have to let staff go otherwise.

Besides if the BQ thinks it is wrong, then it must be right.

vCash

There are perfectly good Canadians who work for those parties, mate. There's nothing wrong with them getting the wage subsidy. If the donations have dried up they would likely have to let staff go otherwise.

Besides if the BQ thinks it is wrong, then it must be right.
    I understand there are Canadians working for the parties but just as an example the Liberals had just over 3 million in Donations in the 1st Quarter ending in March since march Donations have fallen off hugely at just under 1 million dollars hurting but with the war chest as of right now of just over 18.2 million for the next election they have sufficient capital to pay the employees and roll out ads etc.

The Conservatives and Ndp all have war chests as well and I am sure the conservatives is much more than 18.2 mill
    Last edited by danlaurin; 05-25-2020 at 05:18 PM.

vCash

I understand there are Canadians working for the parties but just as an example the Liberals had just over 3 million in Donations in the 1st Quarter ending in March since march Donations have fallen off hugely at just under 1 million dollars hurting but with the war chest as of right now of just over 18.2 million for the next election they have sufficient capital to pay the employees and roll out ads etc.

The Conservatives and Ndp all have war chests as well and I am sure the conservatives is much more than 18.2 mill
    Actually the NDP is MC Hammer broke
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Nobody is donating. Period. They qualify. No business, or non-profit has to list their contingency or reserve to qualify for the wage subsidy, only that their revenues have declined 30%. And with the parties, they absolutely have. These parties have large operations and just ran an election 7 months ago. They can't just coast for months and months. Without donations they will burn through cash fast, like any other enterprise. They employ people. They qualify. This is a non-issue except for those so ill informed as to think all politicians are crooks.

vCash

Nobody is donating. Period. They qualify. No business, or non-profit has to list their contingency or reserve to qualify for the wage subsidy, only that their revenues have declined 30%. And with the parties, they absolutely have. These parties have large operations and just ran an election 7 months ago. They can't just coast for months and months. Without donations they will burn through cash fast, like any other enterprise. They employ people. They qualify. This is a non-issue except for those so ill informed as to think all politicians are crooks.
    You really think the optics of having political parties applying for subsidy is ok? I don't care what side of the ledger you are on...this all looks awful. It looks bad on Trudeau and the Liberals because they ARE the government. It looks awful on Scheer and the Cons because of their previous statements regarding CERB. And it looks awful on Kenney and the provincial Cons because they chose to gut the job market but must continue to pay their employees greatly inflated salaries. Excuse me while I barf at this crap...
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong