Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: The Jason Kenney Report Card

vCash
    Blog Entries

Re: The Jason Kenney Report Card

Great...
    Schools are a f*cking germ farm at the best of times let alone these days! It's like every time the kid comes home from school I wonder if he's really the monkey from Outbreak!
    Once an Eskimo, ALWAYS an Eskimo.

vCash

Can confirm, my wife's school hasn't received anything for this back to school plan. No masks, face shield, hand sanitizer...nothing.

vCash

NDP tied with the UCP in the latest Angus Reid poll.

I really didn't think the NDP had a hope in hell of taking back power in the province but the UCP sure have pissed off A LOT of people.
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    NDP tied with the UCP in the latest Angus Reid poll.

I really didn't think the NDP had a hope in hell of taking back power in the province but the UCP sure have pissed off A LOT of people.
    It's really disappointing to see that a moderate party hasn't stepped up to try and find a strong middle ground. If they had wanted to have a chance, this was it, but taking too long likely makes it a true left vs. right election against next time.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    It's really disappointing to see that a moderate party hasn't stepped up to try and find a strong middle ground. If they had wanted to have a chance, this was it, but taking too long likely makes it a true left vs. right election against next time.
    The Alberta NDP party moved significantly toward the middle once they were in power. They were portrayed as anti-oil. But Notley got a carbon tax in place supported oil producers, bought rail cars to move Alberta oil and pushed the Trans Mountain Pipeline project.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bobby View Post
    The Alberta NDP party moved significantly toward the middle once they were in power. They were portrayed as anti-oil. But Notley got a carbon tax in place supported oil producers, bought rail cars to move Alberta oil and pushed the Trans Mountain Pipeline project.
    She would still be Premier without that carbon tax that she never campaigned on in '15. Without that mistake we wouldn't be saddled with Kenney right now. And she could have at least attempted some form of fiscal responsibility. I dislike both of them, tbh. I hope the AP can find a good leader in the next year.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    She would still be Premier without that carbon tax that she never campaigned on in '15. Without that mistake we wouldn't be saddled with Kenney right now. And she could have at least attempted some form of fiscal responsibility. I dislike both of them, tbh. I hope the AP can find a good leader in the next year.
    I've heard that so many time from moderate conservatives and it annoys the hell out of me. Like seriously, people sold out our future to remove a carbon tax that goes into Alberta's taxation revenue knowing full well that it only gets replaced by a carbon tax that goes into Canada's taxation revenue. It's ridiculous really.

I agree on AP. Wish they would have used this complete failure by the UCP to bring their party to the table, but they've been completely absent.

vCash

I've heard that so many time from moderate conservatives and it annoys the hell out of me. Like seriously, people sold out our future to remove a carbon tax that goes into Alberta's taxation revenue knowing full well that it only gets replaced by a carbon tax that goes into Canada's taxation revenue. It's ridiculous really.
    The job creation party literally subtracted jobs with their carbon tax swap. Well done, well done...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    Can confirm, my wife's school hasn't received anything for this back to school plan. No masks, face shield, hand sanitizer...nothing.
    The school district my kids are part of, has been told to ration hand sanitizer until more shipments are procured. Yes said district has had covid cases.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

vCash

I agree on AP. Wish they would have used this complete failure by the UCP to bring their party to the table, but they've been completely absent.
    I blame Notley entirely for that. Albertans were against a carbon tax. She knew that. She intended to implement one, but knew damned well that if it was part of her '15 platform Jim Prentice would have won the election. So, she said nothing, even denying she would do it, and then brought it in anyway. If she had been competent she would not have done so, knowing that Trudeau would do it and then be the bad buy. Instead, she cut her nose off to spite her face, like the fool she is.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    I blame Notley entirely for that. Albertans were against a carbon tax. She knew that. She intended to implement one, but knew damned well that if it was part of her '15 platform Jim Prentice would have won the election. So, she said nothing, even denying she would do it, and then brought it in anyway. If she had been competent she would not have done so, knowing that Trudeau would do it and then be the bad buy. Instead, she cut her nose off to spite her face, like the fool she is.
    I also loved how she waited until the Stamps and Eskimos were playing the 2015 western final to announce her carbon tax in an attempt to have the announcement fly under the radar.

vCash

Last edited by Hugoagogo; 09-20-2020 at 01:04 PM.
    Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

vCash

LOL at the blasting notley for a carbon tax. carbon tax was coming no matter what, the feds mandated it. The NDP actually implemented one and then had say over where the money raised was going.

The cons just feed the lawyers a bunch of money to challenge it all the way to the top.

On another topic. That corporate tax cut sure worked well. Suncor stuffed a billion dollar in their jeans and are promptly cutting like 2 or 3 thousand jobs.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    LOL at the blasting notley for a carbon tax. carbon tax was coming no matter what, the feds mandated it. The NDP actually implemented one and then had say over where the money raised was going.

The cons just feed the lawyers a bunch of money to challenge it all the way to the top.

On another topic. That corporate tax cut sure worked well. Suncor stuffed a billion dollar in their jeans and are promptly cutting like 2 or 3 thousand jobs.
    Yeah, with the Suncor cuts, someone had tweeted that the tax cut works out to approx. $550,000 given to Suncor for every job lost. That's a lot of money thrown out the window.

vCash

vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Hope that 5 a liter you are "saving" on gas was worth it, idiots.

vCash

vCash

When satire starts to cross over into reality...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by nafnikufesin View Post
    When satire starts to cross over into reality...
    They'll spin it as the Unions fault. Even though they cut the ATA out of the process.

Vince Lombardi

vCash

Stupid lefties BC just gave the NDP a majority ha ha ha, dummies!

Oh wait, they have a lower debt, a better economy (even with a higher corp tax rate) have handled the corona virus much better and have not pissed off 95% of the medical people in their province.

As I've said a number of times before, there are good governments and bad ones and that is totally independent of party lines. There have been good conservative govts and bad ones good liberal ones and bad ones good NDPs and bad ones. People cannot get their minds around this though.

Right now BC has a good government and Alberta has a clown show.

vCash

"The estimate is that the reductions will be approximately 20 per cent to 25 per cent of the combined workforce, which is about 8,600 employees and contractors," Reg Curran, senior media advisor for Cenovus, said in an email to CBC News on Tuesday, two days after the merger was announced."

Need more corporate tax breaks I guess

vCash

How's saving a couple pennies a liter working for you UCP voters?
    https://edmontonjournal.com/news/pol...mpression=true

vCash

What a joke.

It's no wonder Kenney cancelled his presser today.
    Last edited by Hugoagogo; 11-06-2020 at 11:44 AM.

vCash

What a joke.

It's no wonder Kenney cancelled his presser today.
    Disgusting. Kenney believes the electorate gave him a carte blanche agenda. He thinks this will go unpunished. He may be right.
    Last edited by Uncle Bobby; 11-06-2020 at 02:18 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bobby View Post
    Disgusting. Kenney believes the electorate gave him a carte blanche agenda. He thinks this will go unpunished. He may be right.
    Voters in Alberta are dumber than Trump voters in the US. If course they'll go unpunished. Put "conservative" in the name of your party, and Alberta voters will vote for you no matter what you do. If Notley was smart, she'd change the name of her party to the New Conservative Party and her approval rating would instantly jump by 20%.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by nafnikufesin View Post
    Voters in Alberta are dumber than Trump voters in the US. If course they'll go unpunished. Put "conservative" in the name of your party, and Alberta voters will vote for you no matter what you do. If Notley was smart, she'd change the name of her party to the New Conservative Party and her approval rating would instantly jump by 20%.
    There is a lot of dumb ones in Alberta for sure.

This sums things up for Jason Kenney's leadership

vCash

225/8,515 or 2.6% of hospital beds are occupied by Covid patients right now. 8,305/4,421,876 or 0.18% of Alberta's population is currently reported as active cases of Covid.

I wonder if there will be a football season next year.
    BIDEN for CHINA

vCash

vCash

2 days ago, Jason Kenney called the Michigan governor "brain dead". Then this happened.

Is there anyone that still admits to being a UCP voter that thinks he is helping Alberta's economy?

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/artic...ine-5-easement

vCash

Don't worry Sonya Savage to the rescue!!

Vince Lombardi