Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Esks @ Riders - Regular Season Finale GDT

vCash

Re: Esks @ Riders - Regular Season Finale GDT

Not sure what to make of that really......

All the bias aside .. That was sasks best effort against a time bomb of a team who really didn't care...

Sask won't beat cal , not good enough..

If we would have dressed Harris today we would have won this clearly

Only thing I know for sure is Kilgore prob should NOT be back next year under any circumstances
    Last edited by cmbuk; 11-02-2019 at 06:07 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post

Only thing I know for sure is Kilgore prob should be back next year under any circumstances
    You mean NOT back?

With all the backups making a name for themselves this season, and the starters returning, there's going to be QB movement. Hopefully we'll pick up someone.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    You mean NOT back?

With all the backups making a name for themselves this season, and the starters returning, there's going to be QB movement. Hopefully we'll pick up someone.
    Yes .. Edited lol

vCash

Barring a Grey Cup run, I think Jason Maas has coached his last game as an Eskimo. Sad but deserved.

vCash

Well, given that country song they keep playing on the broadcasts... "there's a drink for that"...

Which drink is for what we just saw this year?

vCash

Well, given that country song they keep playing on the broadcasts... "there's a drink for that"...

moonshine...the kind that makes you go blind
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    moonshine...the kind that makes you go blind
    Too late...the officials already grabbed it all.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Opus View Post
    Thats the CFL story line, and they will sell it under the guise of an undisciplined team (focus on Maas), but in all actuality this is nothing more than easily orchestrated pre-determined result that the league and TSN want.
    Post of the year!
    undefined

The Moz'

vCash

Did you see the greenwhite fan giving the camera the finger after a penalty against them? Never seen a camera pull away so quickly
    Yeah, I saw it. I made my comment soon after. The people in that province are special cases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Opus View Post
    Thats the CFL story line, and they will sell it under the guise of an undisciplined team (focus on Maas), but in all actuality this is nothing more than easily orchestrated pre-determined result that the league and TSN want.
    Post game show was interesting, they were calling many of the penalties awarded penalties, not earned penalties.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    The league should be embarrassed calling that RTP.
    Iíve watched it over and over on PVR. I canít see any helmet contact nor does the hit even look vicious.

Dunnigan was so sure the helmet hit the chin. I slowed it down and created still images of it, I donít see the helmet contacting any part of the QB. Flag was thrown well after the play was over. Almost as if it was thrown because of the INT.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

Well if this turns out to be Jason’s last year let’s hope the eskimos have paid their penance because these last 3 years our penalties and missed penalties have been absurd..

And maas has challenged a lot of em and still ****ing lost..

It’s impossible to beat a team and the refs..

Seems every weeks there is another penalty scandal.. I’m disgusted with the level of officiating. Even more so from command centre.. Especially this year

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EsksTMac View Post
    Barring a Grey Cup run, I think Jason Maas has coached his last game as an Eskimo. Sad but deserved.

I’m a coach maas supporter but I can’t see how brock is gonnaxbe avle to keep him and keep the fan base happy..

We can cover some grass with the harris injury but I fear Jason will be in bc next year

vCash

I know the Esks are the current black sheep of the CFL, namely because of mic gate but at some point, the Esks have to bite the bullet, call out the league publicly, and take the fine.

Remember a few weeks ago when the Stamps played the Riders. The officiating in the first half was heavily slanted towards the Riders. Then Bo came out at halftime and called out the officiating on national tv. The Stamps weren’t flagged for a single penalty in the 2nd half. Hell, I don’t even think Bo was fined for his comments, or at least I never saw mention of it. Should point out that Bradbury was the ref for that game too.

Speaking of Bradbury, why has his crew done 6 Esks games this year (5 as the head ref, and the first game of the year where it was his crew but a young guy got a head ref audition)? The league has Bradbury, Proulx, Vallesi, Foxcroft, Murphy, Kroeker, and Major as head refs but somehow 1/3 of our games have had Bradbury?

If you look at the first page of comments, I pointed out that Bradbury was the ref to make sure this game went down the way the league wanted. It was somewhat tongue in cheek but I’ve had my doubts about this guy for years. Sure enough, one of the most blatantly wrong calls I’ve seen in years takes a sack off the board late in the game and the Riders score the winning points on that drive.

The large majority of CFL fans say that Bradbury is the worst ref in the league, and have been saying it for years. Yet he always gets a playoff assignment. There are 7 head refs and only 5 playoff games but still somehow, the overwhelming favourite for worst ref in the league gets a playoff assignment every year. That doesn’t seem fishy to anyone?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post

Remember a few weeks ago when the Stamps played the Riders. The officiating in the first half was heavily slanted towards the Riders. Then Bo came out at halftime and called out the officiating on national tv. The Stamps weren’t flagged for a single penalty in the 2nd half. Hell, I don’t even think Bo was fined for his comments, or at least I never saw mention of it. Should point out that Bradbury was the ref for that game too.
    You are correct. Neither Bo or Coach Dave were fined for their comments (if they were, it was never announced by the league)
    That is perhaps the biggest issue the league has with staying credible - consistency in how they run things. It is frustrating and needs to be addressed.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

I know the Esks are the current black sheep of the CFL, namely because of mic gate but at some point, the Esks have to bite the bullet, call out the league publicly, and take the fine.

Speaking of Bradbury, why has his crew done 6 Esks games this year (5 as the head ref, and the first game of the year where it was his crew but a young guy got a head ref audition)? The league has Bradbury, Proulx, Vallesi, Foxcroft, Murphy, Kroeker, and Major as head refs but somehow 1/3 of our games have had Bradbury?

If you look at the first page of comments, I pointed out that Bradbury was the ref to make sure this game went down the way the league wanted. It was somewhat tongue in cheek but I’ve had my doubts about this guy for years. Sure enough, one of the most blatantly wrong calls I’ve seen in years takes a sack off the board late in the game and the Riders score the winning points on that drive.

The large majority of CFL fans say that Bradbury is the worst ref in the league, and have been saying it for years. Yet he always gets a playoff assignment. There are 7 head refs and only 5 playoff games but still somehow, the overwhelming favourite for worst ref in the league gets a playoff assignment every year. That doesn’t seem fishy to anyone?
    I call him Ray Bradbury for a reason. His reffing is a thing of science fiction.
    @chadganske

vCash

Very true. It's obvious the league (TSN) will not let up on their vendetta without some major publicity regarding this situation. TSN has clearly shown they will not move on from something that happened 3 years ago.

vCash

Indubitably

vCash

Easy
    Hemlock

- - - Updated - - -

Esks 8 and 10 2019.
    We’re number 4, we’re number 4, we’re number 4!!!
    On to Montreal (better record than us and at home ) then Hamilton (yeah) and glory ...
    Woo Hoo!!!!

vCash

Well, that's it.

One of the most frustrating regular seasons in history. Hasn't been a good year, to say the least.

One last chance for redemption. Otherwise, two years in a row of the worst skill-to-performance ratio in the league.
    I agree itís been a bad year but I am not seeing how this is low skill to performance. We have likely the worst set of DBís in the league. Below average receivers, average O line and a starting qb who was leading the league in every category despite mediocre receivers , then got hurt , played two games without being able to pass more than 20 yards, had to miss 6 weeks to heal then almost beat the first place team in the west in his first game back , and would have if we didnít have 2-3 dbís who wouldnít make any other team in the league.

This is not a skilled team. The only two import starters Brock has recruited in three years from the US are Money Hunter and Nick Usher. Two below average players who could be replaced in free agency below the league average salary. To blame this season on Maas, when the team was gutted in the off season and largely replaced in free agency , but with absolutely zero depth at any position due to poor American scouting, is crazy. Sunderlandís job is to bring in good players. Look at the practice roster it is a joke . The only receiver is Kevin Elliot. No dbís ... the stamps
    Had three rookie dbís in the lineup last night and they all basically play at all star level. Brock spent the off-season going through castoffs from Montreal and Winnipeg to find half our starters in the backfield and didnít bring in one rookie who could challenge to be a starter for the third consecutive season.

The problem in this team is not the coach itís the mediocre players behind the All star free agent signings and the complete lack of depth throughout the lineup.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Nanookster View Post
    Post game show was interesting, they were calling many of the penalties awarded penalties, not earned penalties.

Was that the TSN panel or the 630 CHED crew?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Well if this turns out to be Jason’s last year let’s hope the eskimos have paid their penance because these last 3 years our penalties and missed penalties have been absurd..

And maas has challenged a lot of em and still ****ing lost..

It’s impossible to beat a team and the refs..

Seems every weeks there is another penalty scandal.. I’m disgusted with the level of officiating. Even more so from command centre.. Especially this year

- - - Updated - - -

I’m a coach maas supporter but I can’t see how brock is gonnaxbe avle to keep him and keep the fan base happy..

We can cover some grass with the harris injury but I fear Jason will be in bc next year
    Given today's announcement in Ottawa, he may end up back in this neck of the woods.
    There are better things in the world than beer but beer sort of compensates for not getting them.

vCash

The CFL is TSN's little puppet. TSN will control anything and everything they can in the CFL to get them what they want and more viewership. The CFL is screwed. Without TSN money the league is prolly done. And Now with all the money TSN controls the CFL and the CFL can't call them out. TSN doesn't give a **** id people don't go to the game.... people at the game would hurt their viewership so they want more people at home.

CFL is a soap opera for TSN.

Welcome to the TFL. OR TSNFL
    Last edited by Esks4ever; 11-04-2019 at 11:46 AM.

vCash

I have no idea what Tuck was doing on that return. You're supposed to stay in your lane and he completely out-ran the play and took out one of his own tacklers. Insane.

vCash

I have no idea what Tuck was doing on that return. You're supposed to stay in your lane and he completely out-ran the play and took out one of his own tacklers. Insane.
    Latest game day comment ever.............. kidding kidding I know you were talking about the Al's game
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    The CFL is TSN's little puppet. TSN will control anything and everything they can in the CFL to get them what they want and more viewership. The CFL is screwed. Without TSN money the league is prolly done. And Now with all the money TSN controls the CFL and the CFL can't call them out. TSN doesn't give a **** id people don't go to the game.... people at the game would hurt their viewership so they want more people at home.

CFL is a soap opera for TSN.

Welcome to the TFL. OR TSNFL
    This becomes evident in TSN panel discussions late in the season about "resting players". Not once was there any mention that the home teams were in some way obligated to play their stars for a portion of the game, to give the fans who paid their hard earned cash , some value for their money. This attitude is disrespectful to the real fans in the stands who are the heart of this league. TSN panel fumbles the ball.

vCash

I disagree spud, the home team is obligated to do their best to win the championship game. What is disrespectful to the fans in the stands is having to sit through an hour of advertising to watch a 60 minute game that should take less than 2-1/4 hours to play (including a half time).