Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Eskimos @ Ti-Cats - A Chance to Make History

vCash

Hot Eskimos @ Ti-Cats - A Chance to Make History

Eskimos can become the first team to crossover and cause absolute mayhem in the GC with an All West final in the West.

TiCats have looked like the class of the league for a lot of the season but the Esks themselves were looking pretty damn good until Harris was nicked.

Several keys to the game, but the biggest of course will be containing Brandon Banks on both special teams and D.

Really wish the CFL would wake up and move the playoff games to Saturday's instead of going head to head against the NFL.

Lets Go Eskimos!
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Re: Eskimos @ Ti-Cats - A Chance to Make History

What a story if the Esks make it to Calgary.. If we need to rely on our two achiles heels, special teams and pass defence we better sacrifice a couple of goats!!!!!!!!!!

vCash

Trevor and Collaros...most veteran playoff QB experience out of all.
    Might that be what it takes and is undervalued. i hope so.
    Lets hopefully see Dane struggle. But may the best team win.

im really pumped.
    I was yelling aloud during scores and big stops this past wknd. havent done that in a while

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    What a story if the Esks make it to Calgary.. If we need to rely on our two achiles heels, special teams and pass defence we better sacrifice a couple of goats!!!!!!!!!!
    no no we can't do that didn't you read the other thread OK14 is looking for a girlfriend j/k kid
    In Rod we trust

vCash

My keys to the game are going to be:

• On O we need to turn our red zone entries into TD's, if we start stacking up FG's we are goi9ng to be in trouble.
    • On D we need to contain their Addison/ Banks/Coombs running game. hopefully catching one or two of their end arounds in the backfield
    • On special teams our kick cover needs to be better than it was against the als as I don't think we can afford to give up points there.
    • Total team game - we need to play a disciplined game
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    My keys to the game are going to be:

• On O we need to turn our red zone entries into TD's, if we start stacking up FG's we are goi9ng to be in trouble.
    • On D we need to contain their Addison/ Banks/Coombs running game. hopefully catching one or two of their end arounds in the backfield
    • On special teams our kick cover needs to be better than it was against the als as I don't think we can afford to give up points there.
    • Total team game - we need to play a disciplined game
    Sounds like a good plan. This is going to be a snot dripper for the O & D lines for both teams. Hopefully Laurent has an off game. If Laurent and Wynn are able to get pressure inside and also stack up our running game we might have to move the pocket with Harris.

Hammy has likely the best G combo , Cdn. wise ,in the CFL. Noticed Revenberg is on the one game IR, hopefully he stays on it for this game. If Simoni Lawrence gets a free shot at Harris at best it will be borderline clean. Wind will likely be a factor in the kicking game.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Sounds like a good plan. This is going to be a snot dripper for the O & D lines for both teams. Hopefully Laurent has an off game. If Laurent and Wynn are able to get pressure inside and also stack up our running game we might have to move the pocket with Harris.

Hammy has likely the best G combo , Cdn. wise ,in the CFL. Noticed Revenberg is on the one game IR, hopefully he stays on it for this game. If Simoni Lawrence gets a free shot at Harris at best it will be borderline clean. Wind will likely be a factor in the kicking game.
    good point about the interior of their Dline, time for our hoggies to dig their heals in.
    #PizStrong

vCash

The one concern I have with the Esks in this game is that Harris played about as well as he could have. He had 22 completions in a row I think and was borderline record setting in some aspects, yet the Esks never did pull away. You'd think if you have a QB with 22 completions in a row putting up over 400 yards passing, a 92% completions percentage, 67 yrs rushing and pushing 500 yards in offense, you'd win comfortably. Yet the ALs were in it the whole time and if not for a bad read and throw could have came back to tie it.

So the Esks need to improve in the scoring zone big time because the Ticats are WAY better than the ALs and the Esks can't be letting them hang around like they did with the ALs.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    The one concern I have with the Esks in this game is that Harris played about as well as he could have. He had 22 completions in a row I think and was borderline record setting in some aspects, yet the Esks never did pull away. You'd think if you have a QB with 22 completions in a row putting up over 400 yards passing, a 92% completions percentage, 67 yrs rushing and pushing 500 yards in offense, you'd win comfortably. Yet the ALs were in it the whole time and if not for a bad read and throw could have came back to tie it.

So the Esks need to improve in the scoring zone big time because the Ticats are WAY better than the ALs and the Esks can't be letting them hang around like they did with the ALs.
    I'd put the fact that it was so close on the D and Specials, not the O.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bobby View Post
    I'd put the fact that it was so close on the D and Specials, not the O.
    That’s what he is saying. He’s saying that the D and ST were bad enough that it was still a 1 score game despite Harris playing about as well as a QB could possibly play.

The D and ST will need to be much improved to have a chance in this game.

vCash

The Ticats have had the least line juggling wth their secondary in the league. Other then Breaulx missing some games with injury, itís been largely intact all year and itís been very good.

Yes, theyíve given up the 5th most pass yards but thatís because teams have been playing from behind. They are 1st in opposing completion percentage, 1st in pass tds against, 1st in opposing qb efficiency, 2nd in passing yards per attempt against, and 3rd in interceptions.

This wonít be the Swiss cheese secondary they played against Montreal. It will be vital to take care of business in the red zone, canít leave points on the field against these Ticats.

vCash

Biggest thing i worry about are the league induced phantom calls. Do they want an all west grey cup!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Shaker11 View Post
    Biggest thing i worry about are the league induced phantom calls. Do they want an all west grey cup!
    There is no way in hell TSN/CFL want us to win against the Cats so count of some shady **** going on. My concern is that the Cats have kicked our ass twice this year and one good game against the Als doesn't exactly make up for that. With TSN fawning over the Cats revenge for Harris ripping them up last year you can bet we will continue to be marginalized at every opportunity by the entire football/media world. This is a VERY tall task we face on Sunday................. Defense and teams cannot afford to **** the bed again! A slow start and we are toast folks!
    undefined

The Moz'

vCash

The fact is that the special teams did not sh!t the bed. They outperformed the Alouettes and if the officials call the horse collar tackle on the Als at the 28 yard line this game was headed for a blow-out. The one thing we know is that the Eskimos have not benefited from that sort of egregious error on a kick-off return by the officials in four years. The Als should have averaged about 12.1 yards per kick-off return in that game if they weren't gifted that big play. The Eskimos did average 21.4 per kick-off.

Hamilton is the best team in the league this year and it will be a tall order to beat them.

vCash

Chances are the Ti-Cats win but there's always hope when you play the game. I don't trust the Esk pass defence and special teams at all. Josh Johnson saved them all by himself in the Montreal game otherwise there was no pass defence.
    If we were put on this earth to help others, what were the others put on earth for?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    The fact is that the special teams did not sh!t the bed. They outperformed the Alouettes and if the officials call the horse collar tackle on the Als at the 28 yard line this game was headed for a blow-out. The one thing we know is that the Eskimos have not benefited from that sort of egregious error on a kick-off return by the officials in four years. The Als should have averaged about 12.1 yards per kick-off return in that game if they weren't gifted that big play. The Eskimos did average 21.4 per kick-off.

Hamilton is the best team in the league this year and it will be a tall order to beat them.
    I don't know man, horsecollar is a bit of a stretch through my eyes. I've watched that kick return a few times over and while there are a few borderline holds, watch how tuck crossed in front of the returner and left a lane WIDE open.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Just checked the weather forecast and it’s saying sunny +1 and very little wind. Perfect day for fall football!

vCash

Hamilton needs this game. We want this game. Hopefully Maas' mentality this week matches the desperation that the Ti-Cats are going to come out with on Sunday. Let's friggin' go ladies and gentlemen!

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    Hamilton needs this game. We want this game. Hopefully Maas' mentality this week matches the desperation that the Ti-Cats are going to come out with on Sunday. Let's friggin' go ladies and gentlemen!
    Interesting, I would suggest it's the other way around, no?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    That’s what he is saying. He’s saying that the D and ST were bad enough that it was still a 1 score game despite Harris playing about as well as a QB could possibly play.

The D and ST will need to be much improved to have a chance in this game.
    Special teams against the Ticats is a HUGE concern. I don't know what it is with the Esks but other than the kickers, the special teams have been a problem for a long time. Both returns and coverage have been a weak spot for this team in my opinion. The Ticats have 2 really good returners.
    Last edited by Sectionq; 11-13-2019 at 11:42 AM.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

I don't know man, horsecollar is a bit of a stretch through my eyes. I've watched that kick return a few times over and while there are a few borderline holds, watch how tuck crossed in front of the returner and left a lane WIDE open.
    Go to 1:23:26 of the broadcast and you can see a horse collar tackle that leads to "the parting of the Red Sea". I'm just calling it a horse collar because the Allouettes #80 Spencer Moore grabbed the would be tackler by the back collar of his jersey and pulled him backwards. I'm saying it is not a borderline hold as the Eskimo ended up on his back.

vCash

Special teams against the Ticats is a HUGE concern. I don't know what it is with the Esks but other than the kickers, the special teams have a problem for a long time. Both returns and coverage have been a weak spot for this team in my opinion. The Ticats have 2 really good returners.
    not just through your eyes, mine as well. Frankie Williams scares me for sure, cannot let them get a special teams score or we are going to be in big trouble as you know their offence is going to put up points.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    Interesting, I would suggest it's the other way around, no?
    Considering they haven't won the cup in 20 years, i would think the former.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    Considering they haven't won the cup in 20 years, i would think the former.
    You would have to think that the CFL would love a Hamilton vs Winnipeg grey cup as then at least one of them will HAVE to end their streak of ineptitude.
    #PizStrong

vCash

You would have to think that the CFL would love a Hamilton vs Winnipeg grey cup as then at least one of them will HAVE to end their streak of ineptitude.
    Unfortunately, this is correct.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Wouldn't the Riders making it result in better TV ratings and possibly attendance (in terms of actual bums showing up in seats)? I wonder how many Stamps fans will be dumping their tickets.
    ďRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

All of them.

vCash

The Esks also need to figure out how to play in Hamilton. They have struggled in that place for a long time even when the Cats weren't that good.

vCash

The Esks also need to figure out how to play in Hamilton. They have struggled in that place for a long time even when the Cats weren't that good.
    Actually under Maas we are 3-2 in Hamilton with 1 playoff win but we did lose the last 2 times we've been there. One of our 2 losses was by 1 point and the other we had Kilgore behind center.
    Last edited by Looner; 11-13-2019 at 11:51 AM.
    #PizStrong

vCash

not just through your eyes, mine as well. Frankie Williams scares me for sure, cannot let them get a special teams score or we are going to be in big trouble as you know their offence is going to put up points.
    It's baffling to me how other teams seem to find a returner pretty easily yet the Esks can't. I can't even pin it on a particular GM. Brock has struck out so far. He traded for both Jones and Martise and both have just been OK but he's having to give up assets to get them where other teams just sign guys. Hervey was no better. There has been different coaches with different schemes. I haven't gone through who all has played special teams over the years but does anyone know if the bulk of the guys on the teams has been the same for quite a few years? It doesn't seem to matter who coaches or who catches the balls, the results are the same.