Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Eskimos @ Ti-Cats - A Chance to Make History

vCash

Re: Eskimos @ Ti-Cats - A Chance to Make History

Still pissed this game is running on Sunday at 1 EST. Beyond dumb. Probably going to tape it.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post
    Still pissed this game is running on Sunday at 1 EST. Beyond dumb. Probably going to tape it.
    On your VCR?
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    On your VCR?
    The CFL thinking they should play on Sunday's is about as antiquated as a VCR.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

The CFL thinking they should play on Sunday's is about as antiquated as a VCR.
    I don't really care one way or the other, but I think that they might think that since people are likely sitting at home watching TV on a Sunday anyways due to NFL, better a few of them switch over to CFL playoffs compared to a Saturday when there might be kids' activities or increased retail activity or other things that might tear people away from the screen (or stadium).

They did try moving playoffs to Saturdays once or twice about ten years ago, and IIRC in-person attendance was down some (could be wrong) - I have no idea what TV ratings did. Not to mention they are likely more afraid of HNIC than they are of NFL. I also remember them trying a night playoff game - 2 MST and 5 MST or something like that - which was probably way worse for the people in-stadium, not sure about TV.
    We're cheering Fight Fight Fight On Eskimos...

vCash

Yeah, most CFL/NFL fans I know pvr their mid season Sunday games when CFL playoffs and Grey Cup are happening. I think Saturday's would be good for playoff games if people traveled to games like they used to years ago. That doesn't really happen so much anymore.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

I might travel to a game next week if the conditions are right.

vCash

Esks/Als were playing one heck of a game but I simply cared more about watching Lamar Jackson dunk on the Bengals. Maybe I'm in the minority but I really doubt it.... embrace the spot you're in and maximize it.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Esks/Als were playing one heck of a game but I simply cared more about watching Lamar Jackson dunk on the Bengals. Maybe I'm in the minority but I really doubt it.... embrace the spot you're in and maximize it.
    Oh yeah, I certainly get that. Watch what you are excited about. I think most of the people I know just lean toward CFL as their football of choice. Personally, I really don't get into watching any NFL until (their) Thanksgiving weekend.

I checked up on my NFL fantasy team at half time of the Esks game but that was the extent of the attention I paid the NFL on Sunday, this week will be no different.

vCash

NFL is boring compared to CFL football. Overhyped league.
    If we were put on this earth to help others, what were the others put on earth for?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    NFL is boring compared to CFL football. Overhyped league.
    5-10 years ago I would have agreed with you...but the NFL has livened up a lot in recent years. Average points per team per game is a little over 23; for the CFL it's a little over 25. There are stinkers in both leagues, but there have been some pretty darned exciting games in the NFL too.

Now, special teams...I'm with you. NFL has to fix their kickoff and punting rules.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    5-10 years ago I would have agreed with you...but the NFL has livened up a lot in recent years. Average points per team per game is a little over 23; for the CFL it's a little over 25. There are stinkers in both leagues, but there have been some pretty darned exciting games in the NFL too.

Now, special teams...I'm with you. NFL has to fix their kickoff and punting rules.
    I think the NFL is the superior entertainment product. Never would have said that 25 years ago.

But, one thing in the NFL that has gotten worse over time is the officiating. Used to be so good, now often CFL-ish. Not sure why.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

It's not that I've gotten older, kids. Your music really DOES suck!

vCash
    Blog Entries

As someone who's seen games in both countries, I think that Canada has the better rules, but the US has the far superior atmosphere - especially at the college level.

The one preseason NFL game I went to had just as much or even worse advertising / on-field gimmickry as the Esks do. (Patriots @ Titans)
    Keep an open mind, and you never know who might walk in...

RIP Pizmo

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    As someone who's seen games in both countries, I think that Canada has the better rules, but the US has the far superior atmosphere - especially at the college level.

The one preseason NFL game I went to had just as much or even worse advertising / on-field gimmickry as the Esks do. (Patriots @ Titans)
    I like some of the NFL's rules better. Like the fair catch. The CFL's rules always cause penalties on returns. And with the narrower field 4 downs makes more sense.

In the CFL I like that they allow forward motion at the time the ball is snapped. In the NFL that would cause injuries, though.

I had a great time at a game in Seattle, but I've also experienced a full Commonwealth with Warren Moon on the field. Nothing was wrong with the atmosphere then.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    I like some of the NFL's rules better. Like the fair catch. The CFL's rules always cause penalties on returns. And with the narrower field 4 downs makes more sense.

In the CFL I like that they allow forward motion at the time the ball is snapped. In the NFL that would cause injuries, though.

I had a great time at a game in Seattle, but I've also experienced a full Commonwealth with Warren Moon on the field. Nothing was wrong with the atmosphere then.
    The one rule I will always support is 3 downs vs. 4. At the NFL game I went to, the Patriots got the go-ahead TD with 4 minutes left, and it was game over as soon as the Titans went 3-and-out with 3:22 left. At that point, all the Pats had to do was string together a whole bunch of 2 and 3-yard runs until the clock got run down.

Seeing such a boring end to a game made me really thankful for the CFL rules; that lack of a fourth down will always force the offense to be more urgent and efficient.
    Keep an open mind, and you never know who might walk in...

RIP Pizmo

vCash

Why not us..... ???

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Why not us..... ???
    Much like last game, I think it can be us if Lolley doesn't get too blitz happy and the front 4 can eat without additional blitzers.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Much like last game, I think it can be us if Lolley doesn't get too blitz happy and the front 4 can eat without additional blitzers.
    if they blitz the better get there cause if they hit banks on a slant/crosser against the blitz forget it he's not getting caught

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    I think the NFL is the superior entertainment product. Never would have said that 25 years ago.

But, one thing in the NFL that has gotten worse over time is the officiating. Used to be so good, now often CFL-ish. Not sure why.
    I'd still argue that the most exciting football is the NCAA
    In Rod we trust

vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    The one rule I will always support is 3 downs vs. 4. At the NFL game I went to, the Patriots got the go-ahead TD with 4 minutes left, and it was game over as soon as the Titans went 3-and-out with 3:22 left. At that point, all the Pats had to do was string together a whole bunch of 2 and 3-yard runs until the clock got run down.

Seeing such a boring end to a game made me really thankful for the CFL rules; that lack of a fourth down will always force the offense to be more urgent and efficient.
    Well, the Titans should have managed their time outs better.

On that smaller field 3 downs would mean very little scoring. It works in Canada because you have a bigger field and forward motion at the snap.

vCash

How in the hell did our playoff game thread get just about completely hijacked by NFL talk? Tomorrow’s the day this team shows us what they’re made of. If they play as good as they did last Sunday, they’ve got a chance. If the special teams and defense improve at all, I think we win. GO ESKS!!

vCash

We have a shot. A lot has to go right: Trevor has another Trevor Day, our RB's outperform theirs, our D finds a way to slow down Evans and Banks, and special teams don't implode. If all of those things happen, we win. I say it's gonna happen.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

We need a lot to go right.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    We have a shot. A lot has to go right: Trevor has another Trevor Day, our RB's outperform theirs, our D finds a way to slow down Evans and Banks, and special teams don't implode. If all of those things happen, we win. I say it's gonna happen.
    puncher's chance
    In Rod we trust

vCash

We had seven sacks against Evans in two games. The only RB who had substantial gains against us was Sutton (who isn't dressing Sunday). I think the front of our D can control things, but it's gonna take some luck and a lot of effort from the D-backfield to shut them down.
    Hopefully Harris at QB makes a really big difference. We're gonna need it.

vCash

Esks look really weak at DB. only one good db.
    If we were put on this earth to help others, what were the others put on earth for?

vCash

+2 with not very much wind is a pretty good looking forecast, but too bad it isn’t here with our forecast of +11!

vCash

Why not us?

Play hard, play disciplined. Go do it!

Why not us??

So excited, but soo nervous as well. This ones too lose to call.

vCash