Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1293

Thread: What Does This Team Need? Stay or GO?

vCash
    Blog Entries

Re: What Does This Team Need? Stay or GO?

I noticed yesterday that another one of my former favourite Esks Deon Lacey signed with the Riders making their linebackers n outstanding group .Why can't we sign very many of our former stars who leave the Esks to try their luck in the NFL Ladler with the lions Lacey with the riders just to name a few ,those guys were 2 of my favorite Eskimos when they were here during our Grey Cup in 2015 .There are lots of other teams who their players are loyal to them when they return to CFL resign with their former team ,What aare we doing wrong? Or aare we just being out bid on everyone of our former players ? Any ideas ?

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dealerd View Post
    I noticed yesterday that another one of my former favourite Esks Deon Lacey signed with the Riders making their linebackers n outstanding group .Why can't we sign very many of our former stars who leave the Esks to try their luck in the NFL Ladler with the lions Lacey with the riders just to name a few ,those guys were 2 of my favorite Eskimos when they were here during our Grey Cup in 2015 .There are lots of other teams who their players are loyal to them when they return to CFL resign with their former team ,What aare we doing wrong? Or aare we just being out bid on everyone of our former players ? Any ideas ?
    Aonther one was Dexter McCoil with Calgary last season. Yeah I was thinking the same thing. When you think about it though all of those guys signed with teams where they were familiar with either the coaching staff, general manager, or players (although with McCoil it would have only been JC Sherritt unless I'm missing some other connection). Our coaching staff and GM are totally different and there are only a few players left from a few years ago so those guys really wouldn't have known very many people from the current organization and vice versa. I agree though its very disappointing.
    Last edited by adb; 05-22-2020 at 08:28 AM.
    “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash
    Blog Entries

Natey Adjei interviewing Trevor Harris on his podcast...https://www.cfl.ca/2020/05/20/trevor...ast-talk-shop/

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dealerd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adb View Post
    Aonther one was Dexter McCoil with Calgary last season. Yeah I was thinking the same thing. When you think about it though all of those guys signed with teams where they were familiar with either the coaching staff, general manager, or players (although with McCoil it would have only been JC Sherritt unless I'm missing some other connection). Our coaching staff and GM are totally different and there are only a few players left from a few years ago so those guys really wouldn't have known very many people from the current organization and vice versa. I agree though its very disappointing.
    Deon Lacey signed with Craig Dickenson's team. Lacey was a standout on special teams, and he would likely have had a very solid relationship with Dickinson from his time here in Edmonton.
    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    that stick on crockett was one of my favorite defensive plays of the year.
    Blindly criticize every move eventough I have about 1/4 of the information

vCash
    Blog Entries

Good article up on CFL.ca on Tuggle...https://www.cfl.ca/2020/05/28/esks-t...ing-raise-bar/

vCash
    Blog Entries

vCash

I'm liking this one. Nice highlight package. Looks quick plus has C.J. Gable size. Looked to be a tough runner in the red zone. Now all we need is the whole "blinkin" planet to return to normal.

vCash

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music...

vCash

We'll be in phase 2 early next week if the numbers don't do some kind of crazy spike. We have 300 hundred and some odd active cases and it's going down daily.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Seems to have talent but https://www.coloradoan.com/story/spo...os/3145978001/

[B]the 6-foot-1 Kinsey had a roller coaster career at CSU. He rushed for 703 yards and six touchdowns on 121 carries in the first seven games of his senior season in 2019, leading the Mountain West in rushing.

He also led the nation in lost fumbles with seven at the time. He was suspended and then removed from the team after seven games. Kinsey was held out of the first half of the 2017 New Mexico Bowl and the 2018 season opener against Hawaii for an unspecified violation of team rules
    [/B]

https://collegian.com/2019/10/catego...ng-suspension/

The Marvin Kinsey Jr. era has come to an end at Colorado State University, CSU athletics announced Monday night. Head Coach Mike Bobo announced last week that the senior running back was suspended indefinitely for violating team rules: the third time in the past three years that Kinsey had been suspended from the program.

An athlete but Ball Security Issues and Possible serious Character Flaws in my opinion are a Serious red flag. I have to wonder if Bryce Bobo or Former CSU head coach Mike Bobo passed on some info on the kid. I will reserve judgement until TC and the regular season.
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by danlaurin View Post
    Seems to have talent but https://www.coloradoan.com/story/spo...os/3145978001/

[B]the 6-foot-1 Kinsey had a roller coaster career at CSU. He rushed for 703 yards and six touchdowns on 121 carries in the first seven games of his senior season in 2019, leading the Mountain West in rushing.

He also led the nation in lost fumbles with seven at the time. He was suspended and then removed from the team after seven games. Kinsey was held out of the first half of the 2017 New Mexico Bowl and the 2018 season opener against Hawaii for an unspecified violation of team rules
    [/B]

https://collegian.com/2019/10/catego...ng-suspension/

The Marvin Kinsey Jr. era has come to an end at Colorado State University, CSU athletics announced Monday night. Head Coach Mike Bobo announced last week that the senior running back was suspended indefinitely for violating team rules: the third time in the past three years that Kinsey had been suspended from the program.

An athlete but Ball Security Issues and Possible serious Character Flaws in my opinion are a Serious red flag. I have to wonder if Bryce Bobo or Former CSU head coach Mike Bobo passed on some info on the kid. I will reserve judgement until TC and the regular season.
    Certainly would explain why a RB with that size and speed didn't even get a sniff from any NFL teams. Milanovich won't put up with any crap that would hurt the team, so Kinsey better be on his best behavior. With the Argos in 2016 Milanovich cut Hazelton, Gurley and Elliott , his top three receivers well into the season.

vCash

Not entirely sure where to put this but did anyone catch Terry Ray's interview on Gregor yesterday? I was a bit shocked they didn't even talk about his exit from the Eskimos as that was what I was most interested in...
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    Not entirely sure where to put this but did anyone catch Terry Ray's interview on Gregor yesterday? I was a bit shocked they didn't even talk about his exit from the Eskimos as that was what I was most interested in...
    Cut June 13, 2003 during training camp. I remember being shocked by it after Ray had such a solid year in 2002. Got signed by Winnipeg for the 2003 season, but didn't seem to have that spark - maybe his chemistry was better with Mobley and Gass; that was a pretty outstanding LB core I thought.
    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    Cut June 13, 2003 during training camp. I remember being shocked by it after Ray had such a solid year in 2002. Got signed by Winnipeg for the 2003 season, but didn't seem to have that spark - maybe his chemistry was better with Mobley and Gass; that was a pretty outstanding LB core I thought.
    He was also (I think) 34 at that last Esks camp. Perhaps we made the cut at the right time. Those are hard things to do with a fan favourite vet. It has to be the hardest part of the business because you are dealing with people's lives and their futures.

vCash

The Mobes-Ray Batman-Robin LB combo was one of my favorites.

Ray had laser eye surgery in May 2003 right before training camp and told Higgins he couldn't participate in contact drills and missed the two pre-season games. I think this pissed Flanders off who probably saw it as a sneaky way of avoiding the training camp hard work.

We did win the Grey Cup that year.

vCash

I seem to remember there being quite a bit of disfunction early in the year with our LBs. AJ Gass was injured and Kelvin Powell didn't really fill that gap. Eventually Rob Grant moved up to LB and solidified that group for the Grey Cup run. 2003 was probably my single favourite year of football as an Esks fan so far...

#PizStrong

vCash

He was also (I think) 34 at that last Esks camp. Perhaps we made the cut at the right time. Those are hard things to do with a fan favourite vet. It has to be the hardest part of the business because you are dealing with people's lives and their futures.
    Singor Mobley was on with Dave Jamieson about a month ago and they went over the Terry Ray departure. Said he was livid at the time but with time he has come to understand why the move was made.

#PizStrong

vCash

vCash

GOLD!!!!!
    Blindly criticize every move eventough I have about 1/4 of the information

vCash
    Blog Entries

Trevor Harris article from the CFL website on being reunited with Milanovich...https://www.cfl.ca/2020/06/12/dream-...ited-edmonton/

- - - Updated - - -

Esks training facilities remain closed...https://www.tsn.ca/report-edmonton-e...osed-1.1485660

vCash

Esks don't have access to their own weight room? What does that even mean?

#PizStrong

vCash
    Blog Entries

I have to say the biggest plus for me with the season not starting yet...nobody is complaining about Brock and Jason!
    Well, gentlemen, by all means, I think we ought to have an introspective moment of silence for poor old Tin-Tin.

vCash

I think their facilities are located in a City of Edmonton operated rec centre, and the City hasn't figured out how to go about opening their rec centres yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    I have to say the biggest plus for me with the season not starting yet...nobody is complaining about Brock and Jason!
    I pray that I'll be able to read some whining about Brock and Scott on here in about a month's time or so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Prez View Post
    I pray that I'll be able to read some whining about Brock and Scott on here in about a month's time or so.
    That would certainly be a good indicator that things are getting back to normal round here

vCash

Adam's opening Commonwealth July 6. Hopefully this means the Esks can start practicing there.
    Last edited by Mr.Prez; 06-19-2020 at 08:24 AM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Prez View Post
    Adam's opening Commonwealth July 6. Hopefully this means the Esks can start practicing there.
    Are the American players allowed in Canada yet? Or will it just be non imports using it.. ?

vCash

American (& other non-Canadian) players are*allowed in Canada. They just have to do 14 days self iso once they get here.

For the life of me I can’t understand why we would have a 2020 season in any league, not just CFL.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Good interview with Milanovich on the JG show...https://the-jason-gregor-show-websit...vichJune22.mp3