Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1307

Thread: What Does This Team Need? Stay or GO?

vCash

Re: What Does This Team Need? Stay or GO?

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    American (& other non-Canadian) players are*allowed in Canada. They just have to do 14 days self iso once they get here.

For the life of me I can’t understand why we would have a 2020 season in any league, not just CFL.
    Agreed!

vCash

From Adam this morning:

vCash

Last edited by Hugoagogo; 06-28-2020 at 03:05 PM.
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

Good job no place for hateful speech on our team
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

vCash

Not sure why he thought posting a tweet which would upset someone, somewhere was a wise idea...

There is a difference between voicing an opinion, within a group of people who will then. Debate and discuss and maybe educate on a topic compaired to twitter where jones basically just ended his football career

People should never be afraid to voice an opinion even if it’s an unpopular one..

Stupid move from jones.. regardless of his beliefs... don’t post stuff on twitter! Lol

vCash

The team did the right thing in releasing him as quickly as they did. There is no place for that. First of all, I don't get why someone would care about a gay persons relationship. 2 guys or girls being together doesn't stop anyone from doing something. It doesn't impact you! So what's the point in getting bent out of shape about something that has zero impact on what you do. Second, so a person is bent out of shape about gay people for whatever reason. I don't get why someone would feel compelled to say anything public on a social media platform. Nothing good will come of it for anyone. That includes the person who says it.

Just DUMB!
    Blindly accept whatever they do and if it doesn't work out, I guess there's always next year.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    The team did the right thing in releasing him as quickly as they did. There is no place for that. First of all, I don't get why someone would care about a gay persons relationship. 2 guys or girls being together doesn't stop anyone from doing something. It doesn't impact you! So what's the point in getting bent out of shape about something that has zero impact on what you do. Second, so a person is bent out of shape about gay people for whatever reason. I don't get why someone would feel compelled to say anything public on a social media platform. Nothing good will come of it for anyone. That includes the person who says it.

Just DUMB!
    I'm with you on this one. There are A LOT of people in this world that believe the way they live and their beliefs are the only way to live and will vocalize their disdain when someone doesn't live within their guidelines. I watched a little boy grown up that we all knew was going to be gay from the time he was about 4 years old, it was at this point that I realized that this was not a choice that his likes and dislikes were his from the beginning and not something that he made up or decided to do.
    Blindly criticize every move eventough I have about 1/4 of the information

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    I'm with you on this one. There are A LOT of people in this world that believe the way they live and their beliefs are the only way to live and will vocalize their disdain when someone doesn't live within their guidelines. I watched a little boy grown up that we all knew was going to be gay from the time he was about 4 years old, it was at this point that I realized that this was not a choice that his likes and dislikes were his from the beginning and not something that he made up or decided to do.
    What gets me is how people will mouth off at something or someone then are shocked when they get a negative response and say things like "i didn't realize what I said would hurt people". Seriously? When you attack someone or something that impacts people, you don't think those people it impacts will give you a negative response?

It's shocking how stupid or completely clueless to anything else other than themselves a person can be.
    Blindly accept whatever they do and if it doesn't work out, I guess there's always next year.

vCash

Christion's apology is actually pretty awesome.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bobby View Post
    Christion's apology is actually pretty awesome.
    I don’t think so. He didn’t write it. Nor does he mean it. It’s merely damage control to decrease the chances of him not getting signed anywhere else.

What an idiot. Lots of players from the South especially have similar views & you don’t see them tweeting from the rooftops.

vCash

I don’t think so. He didn’t write it. Nor does he mean it. It’s merely damage control to decrease the chances of him not getting signed anywhere else.

What an idiot. Lots of players from the South especially have similar views & you don’t see them tweeting from the rooftops.
    Scarily there are millions of people who live their life to religious books and gods ... Jones isn’t alone out there.. and it’s not just Christianity.. all religions have stupid off shoots which some people really hang their hat on..

Worst part is if jones believes men and women only then fine... that is his choice.. unfortunately he thought he would be clever and tweet it..

As u say he’s in damage limitation mode now... what team is gonna touch him with a barge pole now.. with all the support out there for lbgqt community..

He better find another occupation

vCash

Yeah, if you read all the tweets/resposes from Jones in-between the first tweet and the (post-firing) apology, it doesn't seem to me like he got it. That sudden dramatic change in the final tweet sounds more like an agent talking than anything.
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music...

vCash

I donít think so. He didnít write it. Nor does he mean it. Itís merely damage control to decrease the chances of him not getting signed anywhere else.
    Well, I don't know about that. I assume you have some insight?

Anyway, the message of the tweet is bang on. Whether he wrote it or believes is not for me to say.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bobby View Post
    Well, I don't know about that. I assume you have some insight?

Anyway, the message of the tweet is bang on. Whether he wrote it or believes is not for me to say.
    That is both accurate and fair. The condemnation is over. Hopefully he grows moving forward.

vCash

100%. He didn't write it, his agent did. He went from this:
    "Ima keep it this real.... Man ain't supposed to be with man. A woman is not supposed to be with another woman. That's me THO! Live life with safety"

To this:
    "This is an opportunity for growth.’ She is absolutely right. My words were deeply hurtful, painful and served zero purpose, I added to the struggle of a community, to live a life free of oppression of any kind. I sincerely apologize. I was wrong.”

IMA is not a real word in the English language. THO which is something that a person would use in a text or when they are trying to be fast, is the short form of the proper English word though. So if you look at the 2 statements. The first is from the person who decides to fire off a comment quickly typing out exactly how he would talk including using slang. The second is from a person who clearly is used to writing out clear, concise, properly worded according to the rules of the English language, properly spelled and punctuated statements. I am sure Jones is capable of writing out the second statement but I really doubt he did it on his own if at all. I am sure his agent who more times than not, an agent is a lawyer or has some law training, prepared the apology and he signed off on it being posted. For me, if he had of came out and said like "You know what, after posting what I said, I realized I f-ed up. What I said wasn't right and I didn't mean to hurt Y'all. To anyone that I may have hurt, I hope Y'all can accept my sincerely apology." If it was something like that filled with slang and common words rather than fancy grammatically correct words and words that sound like it was copied and pasted from an LGBTQ website where the words he said sound like it is the sites goal statement of what they want to achieve, then it would have sounded more from the heart.
    Last edited by Sectionq; 06-29-2020 at 12:35 PM.

vCash

In 2020 if any of us put out a tweet like that we'd lose our jobs. Guaranteed. In fact, there are a lot of things less bad you could tweet that would cost you your job.

vCash

100%. He didn't write it, his agent did. He went from this:
    "Ima keep it this real.... Man ain't supposed to be with man. A woman is not supposed to be with another woman. That's me THO! Live life with safety"

To this:
    "This is an opportunity for growth.’ She is absolutely right. My words were deeply hurtful, painful and served zero purpose, I added to the struggle of a community, to live a life free of oppression of any kind. I sincerely apologize. I was wrong.”

IMA is not a real word in the English language. THO which is something that a person would use in a text or when they are trying to be fast, is the short form of the proper English word though. So if you look at the 2 statements. The first is from the person who decides to fire off a comment quickly typing out exactly how he would talk including using slang. The second is from a person who clearly is used to writing out clear, concise, properly worded according to the rules of the English language, properly spelled and punctuated statements. I am sure Jones is capable of writing out the second statement but I really doubt he did it on his own if at all. I am sure his agent who more times than not, an agent is a lawyer or has some law training, prepared the apology and he signed off on it being posted. For me, if he had of came out and said like "You know what, after posting what I said, I realized I f-ed up. What I said wasn't right and I didn't mean to hurt Y'all. To anyone that I may have hurt, I hope Y'all can accept my sincerely apology." If it was something like that filled with slang and common words rather than fancy grammatically correct words and words that sound like it was copied and pasted from an LGBTQ website where the words he said sound like it is the sites goal statement of what they want to achieve, then it would have sounded more from the heart.
    x2 people make mistakes all the time but as I always tell my kids, actions have consequences.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    x2 people make mistakes all the time but as I always tell my kids, actions have consequences.
    Totally agree. If you make a mistake own it. Don't get someone else to do your work for you. He said it, take responsibility for your actions. If he was truly sorry, then speak from the heart. IMO people are way more accepting of a truly sincere apology even if it's not perfectly worded that comes from the heart vs the cold, calculated, professionally written "apology" that anyone who has any sort of management spit out. For all we know, he could have just told his agent to clean it up for him and he might not have even read the statement he supposedly put out.

vCash

Totally agree. If you make a mistake own it. Don't get someone else to do your work for you. He said it, take responsibility for your actions. If he was truly sorry, then speak from the heart. IMO people are way more accepting of a truly sincere apology even if it's not perfectly worded that comes from the heart vs the cold, calculated, professionally written "apology" that anyone who has any sort of management spit out. For all we know, he could have just told his agent to clean it up for him and he might not have even read the statement he supposedly put out.
    Hard to say for sure what level of involvement he had in the reply but it sure looks like two different people. He needs to do more than just a blanket Tweet, he needs to back up his action by marching in a pride parade or something like that, something to show he truly is remorseful.

vCash

You don't go from "Ima keep it real...no gays blah blah blah....to "my statements were hurtful and terrible...."

2 different people. The apology didn't matter. There's no messing up in 2020. 1 strike and you're out. Not sure that's a good thing in many cases.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Scarily there are millions of people who live their life to religious books and gods ... Jones isn’t alone out there.. and it’s not just Christianity.. all religions have stupid off shoots which some people really hang their hat on..

Worst part is if jones believes men and women only then fine... that is his choice.. unfortunately he thought he would be clever and tweet it..

As u say he’s in damage limitation mode now... what team is gonna touch him with a barge pole now.. with all the support out there for lbgqt community..

He better find another occupation
    Agreed. An all-star probably struggles coming out of this, but a player who has regularly been 1-gamed or sent to a practice roster can never come out of this.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Agreed. An all-star probably struggles coming out of this, but a player who has regularly been 1-gamed or sent to a practice roster can never come out of this.
    And think about the people who are marginalized daily by these posts. An All-Star tells the world that they don't believe that your life is valid is crushing. But any professional athlete, musician, celebrity that says it, regardless of their status in the pecking order, just piles onto them as well.
    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

This is a good thing.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

This is a good thing.
    Agreed!
    I am in full support of the team letting him go. I would also be in support of them if they decided to bring him back if he has learned to be accepting of others.
    14 and counting!

vCash

Meh we have others on the roster that could be what we are looking for in the return game.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    Meh we have others on the roster that could be what we are looking for in the return game.
    Tru dat
    14 and counting!

vCash

are you sure? for so many years our return game has been hoping the guy catches the ball and falls forward before we take an illegal block penalty
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    are you sure? for so many years our return game has been hoping the guy catches the ball and falls forward before we take an illegal block penalty
    Terry Williams has to be the front-runner for the return spot.
    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    Willams has to be front runner

Shakir Ryan should be high on the list..

Lesser extent roster people

RB Burks
    WR Bobo
    WR Stanby
    WR Ross

I wasn't overly impressed by Jones - but on the flip side its not like we made a huge effort in getting a return game. It looks like( to me) this year it was going to be huge priority. As for the RB side I'd tend to lean to Willams being a better backup back then Jones IMO

vCash

Terry Williams job to lose for sure.

It nice to see someone actually taking time to sit and learn so I was happy to see that tweet...
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong