Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
Results 1,021 to 1,034 of 1034

Thread: What Does This Team Need? Stay or GO?

vCash

Re: What Does This Team Need? Stay or GO?

Who's catching the onside kick though? Maybe MOD can swap jerseys for a play.

vCash

You can make one of the corner spots a Canadian spot with Oneyka if he is deemed good enough to start but the problem is you need an adequate back up behind him. When the Esks had Colquhoun who was good enough to start, he couldn't stay healthy so every time we went down, they were having to juggle their ratio. They tried Hoover as a fill in and he's not good enough to start at corner and then when they got Oneyka, he needed development time. Last season he showed flashes but I didn't think he was ready for full time. So this season with them moving on from Colquhoun, if Oneyka is ready for prime time, who's his back up? You have to have a back up who's not going to be a significant drop off. I know they brought in Gabriel who I assume will play safety because that is what he did for the Argos. I felt they needed to upgrade the safety spot as Hoover and Beaulieu were a mixed bag for me last year.
    Blindly accept whatever they do and if it doesn't work out, I guess there's always next year.

vCash

My secondary looks like:

CB- Mincy/Covington
    DB-Washington/Hightower
    S- Gabriel

A Lot can change. I expect some serious competition for many positions on both sides of the ball....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    no fight picked. It hasn't been all roses for us during brock's tenure. Win/loss record has declined since his was brought on board.

my argument is there are people out there that refuse to give any credit to BS at all. Brock has done some good things. Those people, Hervey's BFFs are silent when stuffs going good aka winning games etc - but the minute something bad happens

they are front and center with the bashing. Don't get me wrong I'm not enamored with Brock - I'm more on the fence about him but I can see some good is what he's doing.. those Hevery BFFS refuse to.

YOU are the only one bringing up Hervey over and over.
    I don't think Brock has done well at all, to the point it seems pointless to post on this site with you.

BTW I really couldn't care less about Ed, so how do you insult me now?
    PLEASE do not feed the trolls!

vCash

If Stefan Charles and or Evan Machibroda turn out, then I think you can run with 3 Canadians on defence. Onyeka could start on the corner and if he needs to replace, you could run with 2 Canadians on the defensive line at all times between Boateng, Betts, Charles and Machibroda.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eskiman View Post
    YOU are the only one bringing up Hervey over and over.
    I don't think Brock has done well at all, to the point it seems pointless to post on this site with you.

BTW I really couldn't care less about Ed, so how do you insult me now?

Hey whatever helps you sleep better at night. Just know I wasn't even thinking of you.... but carry on

vCash

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Classy move by Arjen. It is too bad that he could have been a more regular participant on the active roster. In any event, I wish him all the best moving forward,

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
    Classy move by Arjen. It is too bad that he could have been a more regular participant on the active roster. In any event, I wish him all the best moving forward,
    One thing I've really started to believe over the past few seasons is that if you have a "ratio breaker", that player needs to be able to stay relatively healthy or it puts your team at a huge disadvantage.

Colquhoun is a great player but he's hurt so often that we ended up having guys like Hoover playing way above their heads for much of the season. The same can be said for when we went Canadian at linebacker and Greenwood got hurt followed up by Konar. We went from Greenwood, to Konar, to Mulumba playing most of the season.

Those ratio breakers can really open up a lot of possibilities for the team but if they can't stay on the field, it means the team is constantly putting out players that aren't ready to start in order to maintain the ratio balance.

I'm excited about our potential on the defensive line simply because we have three legit players in Boateng, Charles, and Betts.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Kenny Ladler was just released by the Washington Redskins , Iíd love to see him back with the Eskies but prolly canít afford him
    Last edited by dealerd; 02-15-2020 at 10:53 AM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dealerd View Post
    Kenny Ladler was just released by the Washington Redskins , I’d love to see him back with the Eskies but prolly can’t afford him
    I was thinking the same thing when I saw the release announcement. He was solid for us back in 2017.

vCash
    Blog Entries

I betcha he goes to BC.
    Keep an open mind, and you never know who might walk in...

RIP Pizmo

vCash

Ladler was great... all over the field making tackles . he'd fly from the other side of the field to do so.

I remember was it this past season or last? we brought him back to churn the kickoff siren for us...

Lets kick JSK salary away for this guy man... if he were to come back he'd almost be a CFL staple for the most part as I think his NFL outlook might be done sadly

vCash