Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142
Results 1,231 to 1,237 of 1237

Thread: What Does This Team Need? Stay or GO?

vCash
    Blog Entries

Re: What Does This Team Need? Stay or GO?

I noticed yesterday that another one of my former favourite Esks Deon Lacey signed with the Riders making their linebackers n outstanding group .Why can't we sign very many of our former stars who leave the Esks to try their luck in the NFL Ladler with the lions Lacey with the riders just to name a few ,those guys were 2 of my favorite Eskimos when they were here during our Grey Cup in 2015 .There are lots of other teams who their players are loyal to them when they return to CFL resign with their former team ,What aare we doing wrong? Or aare we just being out bid on everyone of our former players ? Any ideas ?

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dealerd View Post
    I noticed yesterday that another one of my former favourite Esks Deon Lacey signed with the Riders making their linebackers n outstanding group .Why can't we sign very many of our former stars who leave the Esks to try their luck in the NFL Ladler with the lions Lacey with the riders just to name a few ,those guys were 2 of my favorite Eskimos when they were here during our Grey Cup in 2015 .There are lots of other teams who their players are loyal to them when they return to CFL resign with their former team ,What aare we doing wrong? Or aare we just being out bid on everyone of our former players ? Any ideas ?
    Aonther one was Dexter McCoil with Calgary last season. Yeah I was thinking the same thing. When you think about it though all of those guys signed with teams where they were familiar with either the coaching staff, general manager, or players (although with McCoil it would have only been JC Sherritt unless I'm missing some other connection). Our coaching staff and GM are totally different and there are only a few players left from a few years ago so those guys really wouldn't have known very many people from the current organization and vice versa. I agree though its very disappointing.
    Last edited by adb; 05-22-2020 at 08:28 AM.
    “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash
    Blog Entries

Natey Adjei interviewing Trevor Harris on his podcast...https://www.cfl.ca/2020/05/20/trevor...ast-talk-shop/

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dealerd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adb View Post
    Aonther one was Dexter McCoil with Calgary last season. Yeah I was thinking the same thing. When you think about it though all of those guys signed with teams where they were familiar with either the coaching staff, general manager, or players (although with McCoil it would have only been JC Sherritt unless I'm missing some other connection). Our coaching staff and GM are totally different and there are only a few players left from a few years ago so those guys really wouldn't have known very many people from the current organization and vice versa. I agree though its very disappointing.
    Deon Lacey signed with Craig Dickenson's team. Lacey was a standout on special teams, and he would likely have had a very solid relationship with Dickinson from his time here in Edmonton.
    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    that stick on crockett was one of my favorite defensive plays of the year.
    Blindly criticize every move eventough I have about 1/4 of the information

vCash
    Blog Entries

Good article up on CFL.ca on Tuggle...https://www.cfl.ca/2020/05/28/esks-t...ing-raise-bar/