Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546
Results 1,351 to 1,366 of 1366

Thread: What Does This Team Need? Stay or GO?

vCash

Re: What Does This Team Need? Stay or GO?

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Could we be seeing an actual logo change, he was talking about the cost of replacing signage at CW which u wouldn’t expect if the were keeping the EE ..

Mmmmmm
    Could mean a lot of things - from slight refinements/mods to the existing logo, to replacing the "Edmonton Eskimos" wordmark, like this one:

#PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    Could mean a lot of things - from slight refinements/mods to the existing logo, to replacing the "Edmonton Eskimos" wordmark, like this one:

There are quite a few items around the stadium that have the Eskimo name not just the logo so yeah I can see it being a pain in the butt to get them all.
    Once an Eskimo, ALWAYS an Eskimo.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Could we be seeing an actual logo change, he was talking about the cost of replacing signage at CW which u wouldn’t expect if the were keeping the EE ..

Mmmmmm
    I think he mentioned that right in the first conference after he said the EE would stay. I'm pretty sure he's just referencing costs to change signage that specifically says Eskimos in it. There's a lot more of it than you might remember. They had done a good job of reducing the name in their merch the last couple years to minimize the merch they need to toss, but they hadn't been changing much of the inbuilding signage.

vCash

https://globalnews.ca/news/7442194/e...-new-name-cfl/

Article says the team WILL keep the Green and Gold but "hopes" to keep the EE logo. If they change the logo, I hope they are prepared to see more fans cut ties with the team. My support and love for the team has diminished over the years due to how the team has operated and the things they have done mostly with the front office. Then they bow to pressure and change the name. If they change the logo from the EE, I'd be done. There would be nothing left of the team that I have cheered for my whole life left at that point.
    Blindly accept whatever they do and if it doesn't work out, I guess there's always next year.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    https://globalnews.ca/news/7442194/e...-new-name-cfl/

Article says the team WILL keep the Green and Gold but "hopes" to keep the EE logo. If they change the logo, I hope they are prepared to see more fans cut ties with the team. My support and love for the team has diminished over the years due to how the team has operated and the things they have done mostly with the front office. Then they bow to pressure and change the name. If they change the logo from the EE, I'd be done. There would be nothing left of the team that I have cheered for my whole life left at that point.
    I'm with you on the logo change for sure. That's an easy thing to keep around.

Not happy with hearing this.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    I'm with you on the logo change for sure. That's an easy thing to keep around.

Not happy with hearing this.
    I agree. Keeping the EE is just so easy for them to do to at least give the fans a tiny bit to cling on too. Let's be realistic, the massive majority of the fan base isn't going to love whatever name they pick. The team was founded as the Eskimos in 1949. They were known as the Eskimos for 71 yrs. The Eskimos were the only name that most of the fans that still cheer for them know.

Please just keep the freaking logo.
    Blindly accept whatever they do and if it doesn't work out, I guess there's always next year.

vCash

I personally didn't care what was on the side of Larry Highbaugh, or gizmo's helmet. I cheered for the players and the city.

I know not everyone agrees, but I'd be fine with this:

When I think of all the hell an Ottawa fan has gone through in the last 35 years, I'm willing to roll with it. My football team is Edmonton. Hopefully they'll be back in 2021.
    Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I agree. Keeping the EE is just so easy for them to do to at least give the fans a tiny bit to cling on too. Let's be realistic, the massive majority of the fan base isn't going to love whatever name they pick. The team was founded as the Eskimos in 1949. They were known as the Eskimos for 71 yrs. The Eskimos were the only name that most of the fans that still cheer for them know.

Please just keep the freaking logo.
    I think that the only change to the logo that the club could make that fans could stomach, is to go back to the class 70s/80s EE.
    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    I think that the only change to the logo that the club could make that fans could stomach, is to go back to the class 70s/80s EE.
    If they kept the EE in whatever form they want, I could accept whatever name they pick. Doesn't mean I would love it but I would accept it. Lose the EE and that's it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    I personally didn't care what was on the side of Larry Highbaugh, or gizmo's helmet. I cheered for the players and the city.

I know not everyone agrees, but I'd be fine with this:

When I think of all the hell an Ottawa fan has gone through in the last 35 years, I'm willing to roll with it. My football team is Edmonton. Hopefully they'll be back in 2021.
    That logo hurts!

I can see how they might feel they are having a tough time going with a name that starts with E is a bit restrictive.
    Last edited by Esks1975; 11-05-2020 at 11:54 AM. Reason: starts
    BIDEN for CHINA

vCash

I think it would be a huge disrespect to the fans, the teams of the past and the massive amounts of history this team has to get rid of the logo. Most fans usually cheer for the crest on the jersey because players come and go especially these days when there seems to be way more turn over of the rosters than say even 10 yrs ago.

Even some of the few longer term current Esks, I think it would be a disrespect to them as well if they abandon the logo. Players usually play for their teammates and the crest. So IMO, they'd be abandoning everything those guys played their hearts out for, all because the team bowed to the pressure of a small segment of people who it wouldn't surprise me if most of them against the name probably never gave the name a second thought until someone brought it up and told them they should be offended. I would also bet that the person or people who decided to bring up the name as being offensive, never really cared about the team in the first place, don't care about it now and have moved on to some other supposed "cause".

vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    They should sell the signage they talked about taking down in CW.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    They should sell the signage they talked about taking down in CW.
    They just might. Revenue any way you can get it.

vCash

vCash