Re: Maas gone......bring on Campbell

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Whoa...I could handle that.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Looks like Dave might have some updated info. Too bad if true; I think he would be a better choice than some of the names being mentioned.

vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    yep, so Lapolice gonzo Alonzo. Basically it seemed like Lapolice could choose, he chose OTT.

all this hype on Kilam but we'll see lol.
    there was hype with Claybrooks last year too lol

you pick Washington and then you have 2 defensive minds with Lolley. They sorta have to mesh.

Kilam, then whos our OC? lol

what a mess lol

vCash

Iím totally at a loss now.. 2 sources not connected told me Lapo was our target... and heís chose otta over us... mmmm

Nothin against kilam or Washington but both those guys are totally underwhelming when u consider the fact we have let Jason go for Another Potential rookie .... and scarier then that is beulfielle might actually get it.. I dunno how Iím gonna cope if marcel gets this gig.. my lord

I donít even know whatís going on now..

What a mess... I have a ton of time for brock but I just donít see where weíre going from firing maas to this point? We have strengthened a western opponent and put ourself in a very awkward spot

Guess Iíll hope we go for guy now..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_12 View Post
    yep, so Lapolice gonzo Alonzo. Basically it seemed like Lapolice could choose, he chose OTT.

all this hype on Kilam but we'll see lol.
    there was hype with Claybrooks last year too lol

you pick Washington and then you have 2 defensive minds with Lolley. They sorta have to mesh.

Kilam, then whos our OC? lol

what a mess lol

Constanza a guy just doesnít quit after 10 years plus for nothing..

Jesus ****in Christ ...I dunno what to say folx

Where do we go from here.. apart from a 5 win season

vCash

Disappointing to lose LaPo. Just my opinion but I thought he was the best HC candidate available with recent CFL connections. If he does get the Ottawa job, then it is well deserved as he has paid his dues with not being allowed to interview for two other openings. Big loss for the Winnipeg O.

Seeing the job Dickenson has done in Regina maybe another long term ST coach like Kilam might fit in here. A lot smaller work load for a HC if he takes care of the ST's rather than a HC that has to do the work of a OC or DC also.

Don't know if either Tucker or Maksymic are ready to jump into the OC role here or if even a new head coach would even give either a shot. Steve Walsh from Sask. might be a consideration as OC here. If we are going to name the new coach next week it doesn't appear to be anyone presently connected to an NFL team.

vCash

So Lapo was the target and he picks Ottawa over Esks. To me that shows Lapo had zero faith in Brock. I don't blame him. I have never been a fan of Brock or had faith. I thought he was a bad GM and he continues to prove me correct. Sometimes I hate being right.
    Blindly accept whatever they do and if it doesn't work out, I guess there's always next year.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Losing out on Lapo now really sucks ,I'd rather Kilam over Washington and than there is the scary fact that we end up stuck with McAdoo or bellfeuille as OC I seriously hope I'm wrong as we won't be able to atttract any FA and we will be stuck in the basement and the laughing stock of the league.Why would Brock fire Maas if he didn't have a guaranteed replacement.Im getting so sick of this mess and I'm hoping Brock has an ace up his sleeve.Id rather wait until after NFL season ends so we have more options instead of settling for nothing

vCash

Big mistake to rush into a coach now.

Wait till the damn nfl season is over. Good candidates will shake loose.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dealerd View Post
    Losing out on Lapo now really sucks ,I'd rather Kilam over Washington and than there is the scary fact that we end up stuck with McAdoo or bellfeuille as OC I seriously hope I'm wrong as we won't be able to atttract any FA and we will be stuck in the basement and the laughing stock of the league.Why would Brock fire Maas if he didn't have a guaranteed replacement.Im getting so sick of this mess and I'm hoping Brock has an ace up his sleeve.Id rather wait until after NFL season ends so we have more options instead of settling for nothing
    I think he fired Maas to satisfy viewers like you! Perhaps pressured from above, who knows. Pretty hard to have a guaranteed replacement ready to go when you fire your head coach.

vCash

Who’s going to be OC? Jackson? MacAdoo? Dear God...

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    I think he fired Maas to satisfy viewers like you! Perhaps pressured from above, who knows. Pretty hard to have a guaranteed replacement ready to go when you fire your head coach.
    Iím not just a viewer Iíve been a diehard Esks fan for 35+ years

vCash

Hmmm. Should I hammer that panic button or take a closer look at Kilam & Washington's credentials while waiting for the NFL & college football seasons to end? I choose the latter.

vCash

3DownNation saying LaPo. signed a three year deal with Ottawa. Certainly helps his security with family and all. Wonder if length of contract was less here or if we were dragging our feet in making a solid offer ?

vCash

I hope it's Kilam. I am A-okay with anyone who is brought up in the Stampeders organization and he has been incredibly well liked by his players.
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    I hope it's Kilam. I am A-okay with anyone who is brought up in the Stampeders organization and he has been incredibly well liked by his players.
    Hopefully for EE fans sake he would do a better job picking his coaching staff & just keeping things ship shape in general day-to-day than Claybrooks.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    Hopefully for EE fans sake he would do a better job picking his coaching staff & just keeping things ship shape in general day-to-day than Claybrooks.
    He made some mistakes but it was kind of garbage how his GM brought in quite a few known troublemakers then complained that his coach didn't deal with said troublemakers properly...
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    3DownNation saying LaPo. signed a three year deal with Ottawa. Certainly helps his security with family and all. Wonder if length of contract was less here or if we were dragging our feet in making a solid offer ?
    We have Trevor Harris, Ottawa has nothing, it’s a pretty big red flag that Lapo chose them over us.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    We have Trevor Harris, Ottawa has nothing, it’s a pretty big red flag that Lapo chose them over us.
    Have to wonder if he takes one of the BB's free agent QB's with him. If he does it will be interesting who the Bombers make their fav. and re- sign and who LaPo. feels comfortable with. Doubt if Wpg can sign all three. If they choose Collaros I believe it costs winnipeg a # 1 draft choice to Toronto.

Have to wonder if he takes one of the BB's free agent QB's with him. If he does it will be interesting who the Bombers make their fav. and re- sign and who LaPo. feels comfortable with. Doubt if Wpg can sign all three. If they choose Collaros I believe it costs winnipeg a # 1 draft choice to Toronto.
    That’s a good point, he might look at Ottawa as a blank slate that he can use to build his offence from the ground up. I don’t think the guys we’ve got are really conducive to the system Lapo likes to run.

vCash

That’s a good point, he might look at Ottawa as a blank slate that he can use to build his offence from the ground up. I don’t think the guys we’ve got are really conducive to the system Lapo likes to run.
    I liked the O that LaPo ran in Wpg. Ran the ball, might have been because he had Harris as the RB though. If he finds a good RB for the RedBlacks and adds Streveler at QB and run a pistol type O. With the beating a running QB takes you have to wonder if Streveler can last a whole season though and if he has the arm accuracy to stretch the field. NFL seems to be favoring a more mobile QB lately lately. Just injury concerns.

vCash

If I had to guess. I see kyle Walters sticking with Nichols, albeit he isn't lights out, but he manages a game and has been around that organization for so long I don't see them parting ways with him in favor of a concussion prone Collaros. (factor in the pick too as you alluded to ^).

And strevy so loved in wpg, they'd prob just keep status quo prior to collaros arriving and see if strevs develops any arm talent. Meanwhile preparing to find the next starter in few yrs as Nichols near the end.

That leaves perhaps Zach to OTT

vCash

Or could it be a money thing? Did Ottawa have more flexibility with Campbell resigning than Edmonton with Maas and Lolley still on the books?

vCash

Ottawa did us a favour.

vCash

I think Arbuckle will go to Ottawa....or possibly Franklin.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    I think Arbuckle will go to Ottawa....or possibly Franklin.
    I think Ottawa needs Arbuckle more than any other club, so I could definitely see that happening. Of course, Masoli may be on the market too, but I believe he won't be ready to start the season. I could see Franklin backing up in BC, but they may have plans for Bridge.

vCash

I think Ottawa needs Arbuckle more than any other club, so I could definitely see that happening. Of course, Masoli may be on the market too, but I believe he won't be ready to start the season. I could see Franklin backing up in BC, but they may have plans for Bridge.
    Y'all I forgot this is the CFL and there's no continuity and everyone's a FA and got tunnel vision suggesting only Collaros > OTT. Thanks for the reminder there's so many others lol

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    I’m totally at a loss now.. 2 sources not connected told me Lapo was our target... and he’s chose otta over us... mmmm

Nothin against kilam or Washington but both those guys are totally underwhelming when u consider the fact we have let Jason go for Another Potential rookie .... and scarier then that is beulfielle might actually get it.. I dunno how I’m gonna cope if marcel gets this gig.. my lord

I don’t even know what’s going on now..

What a mess... I have a ton of time for brock but I just don’t see where we’re going from firing maas to this point? We have strengthened a western opponent and put ourself in a very awkward spot

Guess I’ll hope we go for guy now..

- - - Updated - - -

Constanza a guy just doesn’t quit after 10 years plus for nothing..

Jesus ****in Christ ...I dunno what to say folx

Where do we go from here.. apart from a 5 win season
    Is it just me or does Edmonton seem to be playing the, "Make it up as we go along" game here? A few "top prospects" for HC are now signed. It seems like Sunderland is playing second fiddle in negotiations.

I can see it with Lapo in Ottawa. They were a huge freakin' dumpster fire and all you have to do is not screw up worse in order to get a passing grade. If you turn the team around, you are a miracle worker. The Eskimos, have a decent team that was underperforming with a former HC that was loved by his players. The Esks fans are either upset Maas was fired or they wanted him gone but expect the team to host the Western Final next year or it's another failed season. It's a ****e sandwich for a new HC. Which one would you pick?

I can't believe there wasn't a succession plan already in place when they canned Maas. There should have been plan A, B and C before Sunderland pulled that trigger. *shakes head*
    There are better things in the world than beer but beer sort of compensates for not getting them.

vCash

Some of us were sounding the alarm already when there was smoke about a firing. But some of the rookie head coaches success this year make people believe you can find a good candidate anywhere.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi