Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: Around the CFL - 2020

vCash
    Blog Entries

Re: Around the CFL - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    You ever wanted to be a CFL player? Gonna be lots of position openings in 2020.
    Crap I’d com back as a replacement
    Well, gentlemen, by all means, I think we ought to have an introspective moment of silence for poor old Tin-Tin.

vCash

Stick a fork in it.
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music...

vCash

Well, I guess the next question will become, is there going to be a CFL in 2021.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Furkmyster View Post
    Well, I guess the next question will become, is there going to be a CFL in 2021.
    Yup. There's still a chance for a revised proposal but they'd need to confirm government funding before finalizing it.

I think they realistically have maybe one more week to figure this out before they'd be out of time to properly enact any return to play plan. It'd be a bit different if the hub was BC because of the dome would allow the season to extend into December, but they are simply out of time knowing the league can't proceed past November safely.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Furkmyster View Post
    It’s August in a couple of days.. is there really any point in 6 games ??? Not for me...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    It’s August in a couple of days.. is there really any point in 6 games ??? Not for me...
    I think the question he was asking was will the league survive after missing an entire 2020 season...
    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    I think the question he was asking was will the league survive after missing an entire 2020 season...
    Ahh ok.. mis read that then..

I think it will..

Still be stadia still be tsn still be a pool of players and coaches.. league will survive

vCash

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music...

vCash

To answer Boydo on another thread... don't cancel the TSN just yet...

vCash
    Blog Entries

Ugh...what's the f'ing point by then? Just cancel the season and move onto next year. With the amount of players that have made it known that they won't be showing up to camp no matter what anyone says...just seems ridiculous.
    Well, gentlemen, by all means, I think we ought to have an introspective moment of silence for poor old Tin-Tin.

vCash

I don't think this it's a good idea to have a CFL season. I am pretty confident that the NHL and to a lesser extent, the NBA will be able to restart and be fine. The reason is the way they are doing it. You have teams bringing in all their players to a centralized facility to isolate and practice weeks before. So if someone is positive, they can be isolated. THEN they all leave together on a team bus/transportation to a charted plane with nothing but team people on it then get into an isolated hub location. Once you are inside, they should be safe, plus it sounds like these guys get tested A TON. To do all of that costs big money for each team. Plus compared to a football team, a hockey team is small.

CFL teams are poor in terms of sports money. Most of the players are America cities where the virus is running wild. These guys are coming from all over the place to Canada because I assume each CFL team isn't going to get all these guys to 1 place weeks before so they can all make sure they are clear. How do you get 60-70 players in cities all over north america all tested and tested multiple times? It will be hard to set up AND cost a lot. CFL teams don't have money. I don't think any of the CFL teams have a charter plane, so are these guys taking commercial planes? So a clean guy could easily get it as he jumps on a plane sitting among people. SO I just don't see how teams can afford this.
    Blindly accept whatever they do and if it doesn't work out, I guess there's always next year.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I don't think this it's a good idea to have a CFL season. I am pretty confident that the NHL and to a lesser extent, the NBA will be able to restart and be fine. The reason is the way they are doing it. You have teams bringing in all their players to a centralized facility to isolate and practice weeks before. So if someone is positive, they can be isolated. THEN they all leave together on a team bus/transportation to a charted plane with nothing but team people on it then get into an isolated hub location. Once you are inside, they should be safe, plus it sounds like these guys get tested A TON. To do all of that costs big money for each team. Plus compared to a football team, a hockey team is small.

CFL teams are poor in terms of sports money. Most of the players are America cities where the virus is running wild. These guys are coming from all over the place to Canada because I assume each CFL team isn't going to get all these guys to 1 place weeks before so they can all make sure they are clear. How do you get 60-70 players in cities all over north america all tested and tested multiple times? It will be hard to set up AND cost a lot. CFL teams don't have money. I don't think any of the CFL teams have a charter plane, so are these guys taking commercial planes? So a clean guy could easily get it as he jumps on a plane sitting among people. SO I just don't see how teams can afford this.
    Isn't the border still closed for commercial air flights between the US and Canada except for essential service personnel? I have to admit I haven't been keeping up to date on this so maybe the rules have been amended since I last checked.
    ôRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by adb View Post
    Isn't the border still closed for commercial air flights between the US and Canada except for essential service personnel? I have to admit I haven't been keeping up to date on this so maybe the rules have been amended since I last checked.
    I think commercial flights are still closed to non essential people so I guess if the CFL happens, that means chartering a plane for every team. How will that work when these guys are coming from all over the States. I just don't see how it works for the CFL to come back.

Plus the sport itself. You are in a persons face 100's of times a game.
    Blindly accept whatever they do and if it doesn't work out, I guess there's always next year.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Ugh...what's the f'ing point by then? Just cancel the season and move onto next year. With the amount of players that have made it known that they won't be showing up to camp no matter what anyone says...just seems ridiculous.
    Might just be time to dust off that #17 jersey.... 2020 ROTY winner...?
    #PizStrong

@EsksHistory

vCash
    Blog Entries

Might just be time to dust off that #17 jersey.... 2020 ROTY winner...?
    Dude...if I could pass the medical I'd be on it like a fat kid on a cupcake...

vCash

You know the forward pass is legal now right?
    In Rod we trust

vCash
    Blog Entries

Some cold water thrown on the recent optimism of a 2020 CFL season happening...https://3downnation.com/2020/07/27/c...ose-to-a-deal/
    ôRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

I'm sure you've got 3-4 good plays still left in you. Maybe not in a row, but....
    #PizStrong

@EsksHistory

vCash

I'm sure you've got 3-4 good plays still left in you. Maybe not in a row, but....
    Like me on the golf course. Unfortunately those 3-4 good shots are all left behind on the practice tee.

- - - Updated - - -

How many have actually made that known outside of Brandon Banks? 3 or 4?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Looks promising!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    Looks promising!
    A big part of me really wants a CFL season this year; it will be interesting to see what the provincial levels of government do.

vCash

belairdirect better put forward some serious $$$ too. The Edmonton Gridiron Football Club did put out after all...

vCash

Last edited by Hugoagogo; 07-31-2020 at 11:18 AM.

vCash

We truly are a "wishy washy" football league sometimes.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Yeesh...why even bother with a statement.

Just cancel the season already...

vCash

I won't link the actual tweets (due to language rules on this site) but Almondo Sewell posted this yesterday:

This will be the last time I speak on the whole @CFL @CFLPA matter (1) business is business when it comes to the Cfl as players we understand that .. (2) Cflpa your supposed to protect use when business is business with the Cfl and your equally to be blamed for this bullxxxx

Both of y’all failed us....

vCash

Yeesh...why even bother with a statement.

Just cancel the season already...
    Just imagine the cost of COVID testing alone, isn’t it about 25-30 dollars a pop... 75 to 100 people in a team gotta be tested prob 3-4 times a week...

Times that by 9 then by say 8 week season... close to a million total dollars.. who’s paying that? League? Teams?

Astronomical figure and that’s before a cleat has been put on..

The worst part is everyone is getting strung along.. players fans etc etc

vCash

Ambroise has been an awful commissioner. It's a tough time but the guy just makes the wrong moves over...and over...and over again. I really had high hopes for him....
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    Ambroise has been an awful commissioner. It's a tough time but the guy just makes the wrong moves over...and over...and over again. I really had high hopes for him....
    I'm shocked at how bad he's been. Could be the end of the league.