Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
Results 781 to 810 of 816

Thread: Around the CFL - 2020

  1. #781
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    7,490
    vCash
    100
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    274

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    You ever wanted to be a CFL player? Gonna be lots of position openings in 2020.
    Crap I’d com back as a replacement
    Well, gentlemen, by all means, I think we ought to have an introspective moment of silence for poor old Tin-Tin.

  2. #782
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    13,655
    vCash
    39376
    Rep Power
    1843

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020



    Stick a fork in it.
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music...

  3. #783
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Manitoba
    Posts
    23
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020

    Well, I guess the next question will become, is there going to be a CFL in 2021.

  4. #784
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,955
    vCash
    21432
    Rep Power
    218

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Furkmyster View Post
    Well, I guess the next question will become, is there going to be a CFL in 2021.
    Yup. There's still a chance for a revised proposal but they'd need to confirm government funding before finalizing it.

    I think they realistically have maybe one more week to figure this out before they'd be out of time to properly enact any return to play plan. It'd be a bit different if the hub was BC because of the dome would allow the season to extend into December, but they are simply out of time knowing the league can't proceed past November safely.

  5. #785
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,485
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    269

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Furkmyster View Post
    Well, I guess the next question will become, is there going to be a CFL in 2021.
    It’s August in a couple of days.. is there really any point in 6 games ??? Not for me...

  6. #786
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Back living in Edmonton
    Posts
    9,646
    vCash
    625
    Rep Power
    350

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    It’s August in a couple of days.. is there really any point in 6 games ??? Not for me...
    I think the question he was asking was will the league survive after missing an entire 2020 season...
    #PizStrong

    Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

    Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

  7. #787
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,485
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    269

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    I think the question he was asking was will the league survive after missing an entire 2020 season...
    Ahh ok.. mis read that then..

    I think it will..

    Still be stadia still be tsn still be a pool of players and coaches.. league will survive

  8. #788
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    13,655
    vCash
    39376
    Rep Power
    1843

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020

    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music...

  9. #789
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    13,655
    vCash
    39376
    Rep Power
    1843

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020

    To answer Boydo on another thread... don't cancel the TSN just yet...

    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music...

  10. #790
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    7,490
    vCash
    100
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    274

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020

    Ugh...what's the f'ing point by then? Just cancel the season and move onto next year. With the amount of players that have made it known that they won't be showing up to camp no matter what anyone says...just seems ridiculous.
    Well, gentlemen, by all means, I think we ought to have an introspective moment of silence for poor old Tin-Tin.

  11. #791
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,383
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    134

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020

    I don't think this it's a good idea to have a CFL season. I am pretty confident that the NHL and to a lesser extent, the NBA will be able to restart and be fine. The reason is the way they are doing it. You have teams bringing in all their players to a centralized facility to isolate and practice weeks before. So if someone is positive, they can be isolated. THEN they all leave together on a team bus/transportation to a charted plane with nothing but team people on it then get into an isolated hub location. Once you are inside, they should be safe, plus it sounds like these guys get tested A TON. To do all of that costs big money for each team. Plus compared to a football team, a hockey team is small.

    CFL teams are poor in terms of sports money. Most of the players are America cities where the virus is running wild. These guys are coming from all over the place to Canada because I assume each CFL team isn't going to get all these guys to 1 place weeks before so they can all make sure they are clear. How do you get 60-70 players in cities all over north america all tested and tested multiple times? It will be hard to set up AND cost a lot. CFL teams don't have money. I don't think any of the CFL teams have a charter plane, so are these guys taking commercial planes? So a clean guy could easily get it as he jumps on a plane sitting among people. SO I just don't see how teams can afford this.
    Blindly accept whatever they do and if it doesn't work out, I guess there's always next year.

  12. #792
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,502
    vCash
    2000
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    315

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I don't think this it's a good idea to have a CFL season. I am pretty confident that the NHL and to a lesser extent, the NBA will be able to restart and be fine. The reason is the way they are doing it. You have teams bringing in all their players to a centralized facility to isolate and practice weeks before. So if someone is positive, they can be isolated. THEN they all leave together on a team bus/transportation to a charted plane with nothing but team people on it then get into an isolated hub location. Once you are inside, they should be safe, plus it sounds like these guys get tested A TON. To do all of that costs big money for each team. Plus compared to a football team, a hockey team is small.

    CFL teams are poor in terms of sports money. Most of the players are America cities where the virus is running wild. These guys are coming from all over the place to Canada because I assume each CFL team isn't going to get all these guys to 1 place weeks before so they can all make sure they are clear. How do you get 60-70 players in cities all over north america all tested and tested multiple times? It will be hard to set up AND cost a lot. CFL teams don't have money. I don't think any of the CFL teams have a charter plane, so are these guys taking commercial planes? So a clean guy could easily get it as he jumps on a plane sitting among people. SO I just don't see how teams can afford this.
    Isn't the border still closed for commercial air flights between the US and Canada except for essential service personnel? I have to admit I haven't been keeping up to date on this so maybe the rules have been amended since I last checked.
    ôRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

    "Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

    "When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

    "...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

  13. #793
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,383
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    134

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by adb View Post
    Isn't the border still closed for commercial air flights between the US and Canada except for essential service personnel? I have to admit I haven't been keeping up to date on this so maybe the rules have been amended since I last checked.
    I think commercial flights are still closed to non essential people so I guess if the CFL happens, that means chartering a plane for every team. How will that work when these guys are coming from all over the States. I just don't see how it works for the CFL to come back.

    Plus the sport itself. You are in a persons face 100's of times a game.
    Blindly accept whatever they do and if it doesn't work out, I guess there's always next year.

  14. #794
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Back living in Edmonton
    Posts
    9,646
    vCash
    625
    Rep Power
    350

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Ugh...what's the f'ing point by then? Just cancel the season and move onto next year. With the amount of players that have made it known that they won't be showing up to camp no matter what anyone says...just seems ridiculous.
    Might just be time to dust off that #17 jersey.... 2020 ROTY winner...?
    #PizStrong

    Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

    Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

  15. #795
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    7,490
    vCash
    100
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    274

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    Might just be time to dust off that #17 jersey.... 2020 ROTY winner...?
    Dude...if I could pass the medical I'd be on it like a fat kid on a cupcake...
    Well, gentlemen, by all means, I think we ought to have an introspective moment of silence for poor old Tin-Tin.

  16. #796
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,270
    vCash
    21532
    Rep Power
    335

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Dude...if I could pass the medical I'd be on it like a fat kid on a cupcake...
    You know the forward pass is legal now right?
    In Rod we trust

  17. #797
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,502
    vCash
    2000
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    315

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020

    Some cold water thrown on the recent optimism of a 2020 CFL season happening...https://3downnation.com/2020/07/27/c...ose-to-a-deal/
    ôRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

    "Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

    "When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

    "...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

  18. #798
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Back living in Edmonton
    Posts
    9,646
    vCash
    625
    Rep Power
    350

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Dude...if I could pass the medical I'd be on it like a fat kid on a cupcake...
    I'm sure you've got 3-4 good plays still left in you. Maybe not in a row, but....
    #PizStrong

    Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

    Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

  19. #799
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    925
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    125

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    I'm sure you've got 3-4 good plays still left in you. Maybe not in a row, but....
    Like me on the golf course. Unfortunately those 3-4 good shots are all left behind on the practice tee.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Ugh...what's the f'ing point by then? Just cancel the season and move onto next year. With the amount of players that have made it known that they won't be showing up to camp no matter what anyone says...just seems ridiculous.
    How many have actually made that known outside of Brandon Banks? 3 or 4?

  20. #800
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    13,655
    vCash
    39376
    Rep Power
    1843

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020

    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music...

  21. #801

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Looks promising!

  22. #802
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    13,655
    vCash
    39376
    Rep Power
    1843

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    Looks promising!
    A big part of me really wants a CFL season this year; it will be interesting to see what the provincial levels of government do.
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music...

  23. #803
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    596
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020

    belairdirect better put forward some serious $$$ too. The Edmonton Gridiron Football Club did put out after all...

  24. #804
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    13,655
    vCash
    39376
    Rep Power
    1843

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020



    Last edited by Hugoagogo; 07-31-2020 at 11:18 AM.
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music...

  25. #805
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    13,655
    vCash
    39376
    Rep Power
    1843

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020



    We truly are a "wishy washy" football league sometimes.
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music...

  26. #806
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    7,490
    vCash
    100
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    274

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020

    Yeesh...why even bother with a statement.

    Just cancel the season already...
    Well, gentlemen, by all means, I think we ought to have an introspective moment of silence for poor old Tin-Tin.

  27. #807
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    13,655
    vCash
    39376
    Rep Power
    1843

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020

    I won't link the actual tweets (due to language rules on this site) but Almondo Sewell posted this yesterday:

    This will be the last time I speak on the whole @CFL @CFLPA matter (1) business is business when it comes to the Cfl as players we understand that .. (2) Cflpa your supposed to protect use when business is business with the Cfl and your equally to be blamed for this bullxxxx

    Both of y’all failed us....
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music...

  28. #808
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,485
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    269

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Yeesh...why even bother with a statement.

    Just cancel the season already...
    Just imagine the cost of COVID testing alone, isn’t it about 25-30 dollars a pop... 75 to 100 people in a team gotta be tested prob 3-4 times a week...

    Times that by 9 then by say 8 week season... close to a million total dollars.. who’s paying that? League? Teams?

    Astronomical figure and that’s before a cleat has been put on..

    The worst part is everyone is getting strung along.. players fans etc etc

  29. #809
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    14,890
    vCash
    1462
    Rep Power
    277

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020

    Ambroise has been an awful commissioner. It's a tough time but the guy just makes the wrong moves over...and over...and over again. I really had high hopes for him....
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

    Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

    #PizStrong

  30. #810
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    25,992
    vCash
    2682
    Rep Power
    222

    Re: Around the CFL - 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    Ambroise has been an awful commissioner. It's a tough time but the guy just makes the wrong moves over...and over...and over again. I really had high hopes for him....
    I'm shocked at how bad he's been. Could be the end of the league.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •