Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No threads on the possible cancellation of the season?

vCash

Re: No threads on the possible cancellation of the season?

....and Grand Slam tennis...

vCash
    Blog Entries

Yeah...no thanks. I'm one of those rare people that doesn't watch sports. The only exception for me is CFL... I watch all the games, PVR the ones that I'll miss due to commitments... I've tried to watch other sports but either it's boring as f*ck to me (cough - baseball - cough) or just not appealing. Now that CFL is done for the year - I can dump the sports package of my cable until next June.
    Once an Eskimo, ALWAYS an Eskimo.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Yeah...no thanks. I'm one of those rare people that doesn't watch sports. The only exception for me is CFL... I watch all the games, PVR the ones that I'll miss due to commitments... I've tried to watch other sports but either it's boring as f*ck to me (cough - baseball - cough) or just not appealing. Now that CFL is done for the year - I can dump the sports package of my cable until next June.
    You're weird man. Lol. Just kidding. I can't imagine following only the CFL. I've been following NHL, NFL, MLB and CFL since I was 8 years old which was 55 years ago. Back then football was my 3rd favourite sport behind hockey and baseball (tie). Back then I probably followed the PCL Vancouver Mounties and old WHL Vancouver Canucks as much as the BC Lions. I'm pretty sure that if I still didn't have an appetite for NHL, NFL, MLB, and some auto sports then I wouldn't give a rat's patooty for the CFL either.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    X2 same here I'll put on a sport show if I feel like a nap.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by couchspud View Post
    X2 same here I'll put on a sport show if I feel like a nap.
    X3. I used to watch all of the North American major leagues and even other events like tennis, boxing, auto racing as a kid (might have had something to do with having only 3 channels on TV, no internet or really even video games although there was pong and pinball available at the local pool hall) but now its pretty much only the CFL. I will watch Oilers hockey with the wife occasionally as she is still really passionate about it but I really haven't been that invested in it since the glory days in the 80s. I do love football overall as a sport so I might try and give the NFL a shot this year just to keep up with my football fix but my favorite team from when I was a kid were the Dolphins (who were a powerhouse back then) and they have sucked for years now. Only other thing I kind of get up for nowadays besides the CFL are the Olympics and that's only for certain disciplines. It sucks not having CFL football.
    Last edited by adb; 08-21-2020 at 08:52 AM.
    “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner