Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who should the TSN panel put on their All Esks Team

vCash

Re: Who should the TSN panel put on their All Esks Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    No love for George McGowan?
    I love McGowan He could easily be there as well
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Another analysis of TSN's picks for the Esks all time team...https://3downnation.com/2020/08/08/e...the-franchise/
    ôRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

Sean Whyte is the best kicker this team has ever had, and it isn't even close. I love Cutler, and obviously after 16 years each, he and Fleming have set or broken every team record for kicking/scoring, but c'mon...

comparing their Field Goal percentage of their time as Eskimos:
    Cutler: 58.7%
    Fleming: 73.3%
    Whyte: 90.8%

If I had a 50-yard FG to make to win a game, I know who I would want in there....
    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

I understand that Whyte may be better, but this is where the stats get tricky. Coaching strategy has changed dramatically with respect to FG's since Cutler; teams are much less likely to try a long kick due to the risk of a return, so percentages have skyrocketed for everyone. Also, training regimen and technology have improved dramatically, and average successful distances are longer. I assume these guys are being judged against their tim s more than against each other.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    I understand that Whyte may be better, but this is where the stats get tricky. Coaching strategy has changed dramatically with respect to FG's since Cutler; teams are much less likely to try a long kick due to the risk of a return, so percentages have skyrocketed for everyone. Also, training regimen and technology have improved dramatically, and average successful distances are longer. I assume these guys are being judged against their tim s more than against each other.
    That is very fair. I remember once Cutler attempted a 71 yarder with a strong wind at his back. Back in those days, a missed field goal was not moved to the last line of scrimmage, so it was worth it to take those wild shots. Oh, Cutler had the distance but was just wide on that kick (at least that is how Bryan Hall called it )

Having said that, I'd vote with Parkies on the 50 yarder to win the game. Whyte every time.
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music...