Thread: Eskimos Sticker / Decal

Question Eskimos Sticker / Decal

Does anyone know whether the Eskimos produced a 2020 sticker / decal this year (either a season ticket holder and / or just the "regular" oval EE type)? Last year their "regular" decal did not include the usual date / year marking.

I know the Bombers still issued a 2020 season ticket holder sticker.

Thanks

vCash

Re: Eskimos Sticker / Decal

Quote Originally Posted by Chicocat View Post
    Does anyone know whether the Eskimos produced a 2020 sticker / decal this year (either a season ticket holder and / or just the "regular" oval EE type)? Last year their "regular" decal did not include the usual date / year marking.

I know the Bombers still issued a 2020 season ticket holder sticker.

Thanks
    I didn't get one, as my S/Ts were never mailed out. I don't know that there were much produced for 2020 - decals, pocket schedules, tickets, etc. Obviously Media Guides were never produced as those are done as Camp moves into the pre-season games.
    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

Thanks for the information.

The Bombers had their decals available at the end of February - I suspect the Eskimos were scheduled to have theirs produced at a later date and ran into all the Covid issues / uncertainty regarding the season.

Thanks again.

vCash

EEFC have been super lazy with this the past few years. I collect them and the EE logo has been recycled far too often. Only change being the year.

Kinda speaks to the general attitude the club has had towards fans and season ticket holders.
    ----------------------
    "When you're playing good football, it's good football and if you don't have good football, then you're not really playing good football" - John Madden

I didn't really mind recycling the EE logo but I thought putting the particular year on the sticker made them very unique - they seemed to have stopped doing this for the regular sticker in 2018. (There were a few sporadic years before that where they didn't put a date on them). A number of teams produced an annual decal with a date for various periods of time (Lions / Roughriders / Bombers / Rough Riders) but the Eskimos essentially did it continuously since the late 1960's (exceptions noted above).

The Lions set the standard for an annual decal in the 1960's - the decals they produced were fantastic - beautiful graphics and very unique.