Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Season

vCash

Re: 2021 Season

Betts is not ready to be a starter, he had a couple of sacks in his first couple of games and then he was invisible. We will only start one Canadian in DL. (Boaeteng)
    I am sure we go non import in:
    3 OL (Beard, Ruby, who ever wins the third spot)
    2 WR (Smith, Ralph)
    1 DL (Boateng)
    1 Safety (Gabriel)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by danlaurin View Post
    I notice Matt O'Donnell Cam Judge and Henoc Muamba are all still free agents I wonder if we can snag 1 or all three.
    Interesting that O'Donnell hasn't been signed. I assume he put a very high price tag on himself and the impact/$ ratio isn't high enough for the clubs.

I'd love to have him continue as an Elk.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bobby View Post
    Interesting that O'Donnell hasn't been signed. I assume he put a very high price tag on himself and the impact/$ ratio isn't high enough for the clubs.

I'd love to have him continue as an Elk.
    Eventually many players tend to price themselves out of the market. If the difference between you and a cheaper player isn't as big as the difference between, say, an average middle linebacker and a great one, then you will be out of a job.

We have a budget, as all teams do. If you don't fit in anyone's budget, who is going to hire you?
    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    Eventually many players tend to price themselves out of the market. If the difference between you and a cheaper player isn't as big as the difference between, say, an average middle linebacker and a great one, then you will be out of a job.

We have a budget, as all teams do. If you don't fit in anyone's budget, who is going to hire you?
    This is the thing that some people don't get. There have been people criticizing management for not signing him without knowing what his demands were. Obviously he has placed a fairly high dollar value on his services or someone would have signed him by now.
    Hoping there is a 2021 season as there is nothing better than a football game on a warm sunny day at Commonwealth!!!!!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    This is the thing that some people don't get. There have been people criticizing management for not signing him without knowing what his demands were. Obviously he has placed a fairly high dollar value on his services or someone would have signed him by now.
    Hopefully Closer to Training Camp he'll realize this and come back. With the reduction in the Cap everyone will have to sign for less than when the league was in better straits.
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

vCash

Or maybe he enjoyed his year off and is looking at retiring. 10 years of pro ball/ NBA workouts takes a toll on a body like his.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

vCash

Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

vCash

3 more added

Hoping there is a 2021 season as there is nothing better than a football game on a warm sunny day at Commonwealth!!!!!!!

vCash

The EE Football Team announces today they have made the following transactions:

Added to the roster:

American wide receiver Jalen Tolliver
    American linebacker AJ Hotchkins
    Released:

American defensive lineman Justin Horton
    American linebacker Josh Banderas

Tolliver attended the University of Arkasas-Monticello from 2014-2017 where he was a Unanimous First Team All-Great American Conference selection in 2016. His most productive college season came in his junior season where Tolliver recorded 1090 receiving yards and 14 touchdowns. During his pro-career, Tolliver has spent time with the NFL’s Arizona Cardinals, Tennessee Titans, and Kansas City Chiefs. He most recently played under new EE Football Team head coach Jaime Elizondo as a member of the Tampa Bay Vipers of the XFL. Before the league suspended operations, Tolliver was fourth in the league in receiving yards with 297.

Hotchkins attended both the University of Oregon (2016-2017) and the University of Texas-El Paso (2018). At Oregon, he accumulated 41 total tackles, 1.5 sacks and one interception. In his final college season at UTEP, Hotchkins recorded 126 total tackles and seven sacks.

https://www.esks.com/2021/03/04/ee-f...-releases-two/

vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Seems odd that they would have had to restructure a contract of a 5th rounder, what did they give him the 1st time around?

vCash

vCash

The EE Football Team announces today they have made the following transactions:

Added to the roster:
    American defensive lineman Andrew Ankrah
    American defensive lineman Reggie Howard
    American defensive lineman Mat Boesen

Released:
    American defensive lineman Zach Barnes
    American defensive lineman Dewayne Beckford
    American defensive back Chris Rayford

Ankrah attended James Madison University from 2013-2017 where he was a consensus First Team All-American in 2017. He accumulated 177 total tackles, 26 sacks, and eight forced fumbles in his collegiate career. Ankrah has pro experience with the Washington Football Team of the NFL, the Orlando Apollos of the AAF, and the St. Louis Battlehawks of the XFL.

Howard attended the University of Toledo, playing in 27 games from 2017-2018. In those games, Howard accumulated 68 total tackles, four sacks, and two forced fumbles.

Boesen’s collegiate career includes stints at Boise State and Long Beach City College, but he established himself at TCU from 2016-2017. In his two seasons, Boesen registered 50 individual tackles, 15 sacks, and he was a 2017 All-Big 12 first team selection. He has pro experience with the Buffalo Bills of the NFL and has played in six CFL Games with the BC Lions.

https://www.esks.com/2021/03/11/tran...-transactions/

vCash

Watched highlights on these three guys along with some of the defensive hopefuls for this year's draft.

- I loved what I saw from Reggie Howard. Watch for this guy at defensive tackle. Athletic run stopper and hits like a train.
    - Really liked Andrew Ankrah. I only saw highlights but I saw a guy who never accepted a block and got to the ball (turnover and sack machine)
    - Was not impressed withMat Boesen.
    - Was not at all impressed with Amen Ogbongbemiga (#4)
    - Jevon Holland will be in the NFL otherwise I like him. (#5)
    - Lukewarm on Daniel Joseph (#9)
    - Love, love Mohamed Diallo. I am shocked he is this low and would not consider him a reach at #5 as long as he is signable. (#15)
    - Also love, love Nelson Lokombo. This guy is would be an all star safety within 2 years. Do't see how he is so low either (#19)

Give me Diallo and Lokombe with our first 2 picks (#5 and #14) and I would be exstatic.
    -

- - - Updated - - -

I don't ask for much.

Draft Lokombo and Diallo, and sign Henoc Muamba (and actually play this season) and I will be be completely satisfied with our offseason and completely overlook who we didn't get.

vCash

Was not at all impressed with Amen Ogbongbemiga (#4)

Amen to that.
    Last edited by widowmaker; 03-12-2021 at 05:18 PM.

vCash

vCash

#PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

These guys clearly love this team and the city, Grymes especially. Also clear that Derel never wanted to leave. Great to have character guys like this back with the team.

Watched this live with the family. For a brief period we forgot about covid and just enjoyed the moment and the thought of being in Commonwealth and watching football this summer. Hopefully that happens.
    ----------------------
    "When you're playing good football, it's good football and if you don't have good football, then you're not really playing good football" - John Madden

vCash

Love the stories about the phantom

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by wildwest View Post
    Watched highlights on these three guys along with some of the defensive hopefuls for this year's draft.

- I loved what I saw from Reggie Howard. Watch for this guy at defensive tackle. Athletic run stopper and hits like a train.
    - Really liked Andrew Ankrah. I only saw highlights but I saw a guy who never accepted a block and got to the ball (turnover and sack machine)
    - Was not impressed withMat Boesen.
    - Was not at all impressed with Amen Ogbongbemiga (#4)
    - Jevon Holland will be in the NFL otherwise I like him. (#5)
    - Lukewarm on Daniel Joseph (#9)
    - Love, love Mohamed Diallo. I am shocked he is this low and would not consider him a reach at #5 as long as he is signable. (#15)
    - Also love, love Nelson Lokombo. This guy is would be an all star safety within 2 years. Do't see how he is so low either (#19)

Give me Diallo and Lokombe with our first 2 picks (#5 and #14) and I would be exstatic.
    -

- - - Updated - - -

I don't ask for much.

Draft Lokombo and Diallo, and sign Henoc Muamba (and actually play this season) and I will be be completely satisfied with our offseason and completely overlook who we didn't get.
    I finally agree with Marshall Ferguson for a change. In his mock draft on CFL.ca, we has Lokombo (ranked #15) going 3rd and Diallo (ranked #19) going 5th to the Esks. I would be happy with this as I think Diallo could be a star.

vCash

With a little luck, if Diallo comes in and plays to his potential, we could run 2 Canadians on the D-Line with Diallo (6'4 - 305), Machibroda (6'3 - 275) and Betts (6'3 - 250) all holding great value as they are all on rookie contracts to go along with Boateng (6'2 - 257). They also have Canadian former second rounders Anderson (6'4 - 250) and Pae (6'4 - 238) and a couple of later round picks.

I think a guy like Pae (who seems to be a workout freak and would presumably have had a chance to take direction from our coaching staff), would have a huge advantage over many with everyone having a year off.

vCash

vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Good size, I like that we are not tying up big money on a MLB free agent, if any remain unsigned. Seems like the last two or three LB's we signed can play inside. Looks like we have some outstanding prospects.

vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Good size, I like that we are not tying up big money on a MLB free agent, if any remain unsigned. Seems like the last two or three LB's we signed can play inside. Looks like we have some outstanding prospects.
    His knock seems to be his speed. Need to be fast to play the Canadian game.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bobby View Post
    His knock seems to be his speed. Need to be fast to play the Canadian game.
    Wonder if he comes to camp a little lighter. His weight is DE size for lots of CFL D. players. Seems to have athletic ability as he was second in the vertical jump for all players at the combine and a good long jump also. Possibly Singleton beat him out for a job in Philly.

Certainly his 4.88 40 is slow . Think I beat that time tip toeing to the john in the middle of the night on a cold tile floor.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Wonder if he comes to camp a little lighter. His weight is DE size for lots of CFL D. players. Seems to have athletic ability as he was second in the vertical jump for all players at the combine and a good long jump also. Possibly Singleton beat him out for a job in Philly.

Certainly his 4.88 40 is slow . Think I beat that time tip toeing to the john in the middle of the night on a cold tile floor.
    I watched some of his highlight videos and what stood out to me was that anytime he met the ball carrier in the hole or in the open field, that was the end of any forward progress fir the runner. I am not sure if loosing weight wouldn't affect this.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by wildwest View Post
    I watched some of his highlight videos and what stood out to me was that anytime he met the ball carrier in the hole or in the open field, that was the end of any forward progress fir the runner. I am not sure if loosing weight wouldn't affect this.
    We've had some good hitters around here in the past in the 210 - 220 range. Ecuyer, Pless, Kepley, Wruck. Mobley got a turn at LB here in his second go around. I just hope our vets and newbies get the chance to hit the field here and make a decent living amidst the pandemic.

vCash

Check out highlights of draft eligible offensive lineman Liam Dobson. It is 4 minutes of Dobson flattening whoever has the misfortune to get blocked by him. This kid could be a terrific guard. He is also the guy who has a video of him dunking a basketball at 6'3, 340 pounds.