Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Around the CFL - 2021

vCash

Re: Around the CFL - 2021

‘A disservice to those who sacrificed’: Calvin McCarty calls out reporters and ‘gurus’ for XFL support via 3downnation.com

“I love it when all these reporters and so called ‘gurus’ say they know what’s best for the league… 107 plus years and counting.

We all have a role to play, when people say the game is bigger than us they are correct. Not only do we owe it to the ones who paved the way, but we owe it to the next generation of ballers, coaches, and future fans.

People are so quick to talk about the XFL and the CFL’s bad business model… but before you start outsourcing.

We have grassroots football who play three down. We have high schools plus university that plays three downs. It’s not just about the CFL, it’s about the whole picture and what the total price would actually be… think about it.

Did we exhaust all options before uprooting something that is much bigger than ourselves… before rushing to appeal to a more ‘Americanized’ version?

Did the CFL choose to open the books a year ago? Why?

Is it a fundamental change that needs to happen here at home first?

I don’t know the answer. But I do know threatening to change something that has been around a lot longer than us before exhausting all options will only be a disservice to those who sacrificed before us and to our future generation of up-and-coming Canadians.”

Link to full story here
    Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

vCash

I don't think anyone is surprised that IF there is gonna be a season, it won't start on time.
    Hope, at the end of the day connects us all, no matter how different we are

vCash

Caught up with Mike Reilly not too long ago! A fun chat on The Brad And Avry Hour

https://youtu.be/qHyoHDYZpq8
    Check out my stuff on Avrysports.com