Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESPN & FOX Sports

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Flame ESPN & FOX Sports

My hat's off to them for refusing to show a replay of the piece of dung, Randy Moss' TD debacle.

Kudos to Berman for ripping him a new one.
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Re: ESPN & FOX Sports

Of couse TSN has it plastered all over sportscentre
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

I can't believe a flag didn't fly on the butthead move by Moss.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

I really thought there would be a flag... all thru the game he was at it with the fans.. he can be a real piece of garbage...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever
    I really thought there would be a flag... all thru the game he was at it with the fans.. he can be a real piece of garbage...
    I'm also surprised the TV guys didn't ask why there wasn't a flag.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

Opus is offline Then start asking the right ******* questions.

Super Moderator

vCash

POS.......that's all he is......before and after what he did yesterday, the guy is truly a POS.....
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

vCash

Poster child for why sports fans are backlashing against atheletes in general.
    - Dan Kepley

Super Moderator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    Poster child for why sports fans are backlashing against atheletes in general.
    yup......it makes you wonder how much is intentional or if he really is just that immature on and off the field. I believe the latter in his case is true.....he's coasted on the free ride his talent has given him and he's turned into a huge spoiled brat who doesn't really understand right or wrong.....
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

vCash

He understands, he just doesn't care. I hope the NFL hit's him hard. If it's 30K for a cell phone..............
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

something tells me this incident isnt the only thing you guys have against moss. Im not saying that this wasnt bad, but it was a little thing that adds fuel to the fire.
    I told those f***s down at the league office a thousand times that I don't roll on Shabbos!

vCash

No theres alot wrong with Moss.. This isn't first offense, he may have all the talent in the world, he is still a POS

Super Moderator

vCash

the list on him is pretty long......I doubt that this will be the last incident, the only question is when and how bad will the next one be.....?!?

vCash

Wow. The guy pretended to moon the fans at Lambeau. We should shoot him.

Now before you jump all over me, I don't like what he did. I don't like most end-zone celebrations. And yes, Moss has a history of doing and saying stupid things. And yes, he will (and should) be fined by the league. But come on guys, he pretended to moon the crowd!! Maybe if he actually whipped his pants down I could understand the backlash. This is IMO a hell of alot less classless than what others have done this year alone. Jake Plummer giving the crowd the one-fingered salute, Terrell Owens publicly questioning Jeff Garcia's sexuality, TO throwing a football at a sign in the stands... and the list goes on.
    Childish? Yes
    Immature? Yes
    Unnecessary? Yes
    Worthy of this sort of backlash? No
    Worthy of this amount of discussion? No

vCash

If it was an isolated thing, then no big deal, however, this moron has come out and said time and time again that he'll do what he wants and he doesn't care what anyone thinks. He's selfish and has no repect for the game or those who came before him. Guys like that deserve to lose everything they have after they retire due to a crack addiction........
    - Dan Kepley

Super Moderator

vCash

once again the worst part of the incident is forgotten or convieniently tossed aside....the part I have a real problem with was his wiping his ass with the Packers sign on the post..... the moon was mild in comparrisson to that.....

vCash

If it was an isolated thing, then no big deal, however, this moron has come out and said time and time again that he'll do what he wants and he doesn't care what anyone thinks. He's selfish and has no repect for the game or those who came before him. Guys like that deserve to lose everything they have after they retire due to a crack addiction........

exactly....

vCash

Diesel, I like you and I respect you as a poster both here and at 13th man, but I think you're making too much of this. I agree Moss is selfish and childish, and I don't condone what he did. But what he did is no worse than you see at alot of NFL games recently.
    I liked Tony Dungy's take on this. He said he thought it was funny as Packer fans have a tradition of mooning opposing players at the team bus after a Packer win.

Super Moderator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by earl2
    Diesel, I like you and I respect you as a poster both here and at 13th man, but I think you're making too much of this. I agree Moss is selfish and childish, and I don't condone what he did. But what he did is no worse than you see at alot of NFL games recently.
    I liked Tony Dungy's take on this. He said he thought it was funny as Packer fans have a tradition of mooning opposing players at the team bus after a Packer win.
    Let me repeat......

once again the worst part of the incident is forgotten or convieniently tossed aside....the part I have a real problem with was his wiping his ass with the Packers sign on the post..... the moon was mild in comparrisson to that.....

vCash

I'm just getting real sick and tired of guys like Moss, Horn, Owens, Stokes etc. Their garbage has no place in sports. It's no wonder that NASCAR has become the second most popular spectator sport in North America (not just US folks but us canucks included) Drivers have never forgotten that it's the fans who allow them the ability to make millions to do what they love for a living.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

He understands, he just doesn't care. I hope the NFL hit's him hard. If it's 30K for a cell phone..............
    No- he's still at the pre-conventional level of thinking. He only thinks of himself.

Most 12 year olds and criminals function at the pre-conventional level.
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

I'm just getting real sick and tired of guys like Moss, Horn, Owens, Stokes etc. Their garbage has no place in sports
    Well I can't argue with that.

vCash

I'm just getting real sick and tired of guys like Moss, Horn, Owens, Stokes etc. Their garbage has no place in sports. .
    I agree, they seem to think they're above everyone one else and they can do whatever they feel like. Forgetting the fact its the fans who pay their salary..

vCash

It's a continual erosion of professionalism in sports, and there's always people quick to say "well it's not that bad etc" BS! These types of guys are pros and should act like ones. You or I cannot act like that in our workplace without being reprimanded, neither should they. I hope the NFL puts a stop to all this garbage in the offseason.
    - Dan Kepley

Super Moderator

vCash

It's a continual erosion of professionalism in sports, and there's always people quick to say "well it's not that bad etc" BS! These types of guys are pros and should act like ones. You or I cannot act like that in our workplace without being reprimanded, neither should they. I hope the NFL puts a stop to all this garbage in the offseason.
    Amen!

vCash

In fact if they want to put an instant stop to it, penalize taunting celebrations by making it a gross personal foul, wiping out the touchdown, and tack on a 15 yard penalty. That would end this crap immediately.
    - Dan Kepley

Super Moderator

vCash

In fact if they want to put an instant stop to it, penalize taunting celebrations by making it a gross personal foul, wiping out the touchdown, and tack on a 15 yard penalty. That would end this crap immediately.
    that would sure do it......I just find it funny (well, no I don't) that they would absolutley outlaw a specific motion (throat-slash) but this kind of garbage is allowed to continue....worse yet it is getting worse as it seems some of these players are trying to one-up each other for how outrageous they can be....

vCash

The problem the NFL faces is that on one hand it wants to get rid of these acts by guys like TO, Horn, Moss, etc. On the other hand they are constantly lambasted by the media (and a significant amount of fans) as being the No Fun League. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't. IMO they need to have a balance between letting players celebrate/entertain and preventing the disrespecting of opponents and the game itself. I like the idea of simply fining a player for his actions in the end zone, but maybe they should drastically increase the fines. Hit these guys HARD in the wallet, and maybe they'll think a little more next time.

vCash

To me it is just ludicrous that these players from visiting teams have the balls to pull this stuff.... twenty / thirty years ago, they would be hunted down in a bar / club at some point and got their s#&t kicked out of them by somebody....
    If TO would have done that star move in dallas in 1970, he would have been shot.

vCash

If TO would have done that star move in dallas in 1970, he would have been shot.
    That makes me wish TO was playing in 1970...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by earl2
    That makes me wish TO was playing in 1970...