Page 153 of 153 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153
Results 4,561 to 4,577 of 4577

Thread: What's in the cd player/ iPod / HDD/etc?

vCash

Re: What's in the cd player/ iPod / HDD/etc?

Quote Originally Posted by nafnikufesin View Post
    Really? I got mine just when they went on sale for just under $100 each. Is that the resale price?

Used to be a big Anthrax fan when John was singing, never been as big on either era of the Joey material. Oddly, I'm not as big a fan of John singing with Armored Saint. They are better together, the sum is greater than the parts.
    I see both sides. I like that State of Euphoria/Persistence of Time Joey era, but Sound of White Noise is still my favorite Anthrax album and it has John.

The price was the ticketmaster price I looked up.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    I see both sides. I like that State of Euphoria/Persistence of Time Joey era, but Sound of White Noise is still my favorite Anthrax album and it has John.

The price was the ticketmaster price I looked up.
    Volume 8: The Threat is Real is my favorite, but all of the John-era albums were strong. It's not that I didn't like the songs with Joey, but the vocals were always the weak link. When they put out The Greater of Two Evils with John singing the old Joey songs, those tunes sounded so much better IMO. It's sad that now Joey won't even touch the John material live, like that part of their catalog and all the great songs they released was erased from existence.

One of my favorite songs, and definitely my favorite video...all that is missing is Shatner on the plane...

I hate Ticketb@stard, there needs to be either regulation or real competition. I just checked my receipt, when I bought the pre-sale tickets, it was $78 per ticket, plus $17.75 each for "service" charges (what service? I found the tickets and printed them out myself). Now the price before service charge is almost double. Ridiculous.

vCash

I agree that John was the better vocalist. In the first Joey era they were more like a surf/speed/metal band. They got more serious with Persistence, but really with their stride with John Bush.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

Awesome to see a John vs. Joey debate on a CFL football board. I love both versions as well. Probably have a slight leaning towards John as I think he also brought a little songwriting to the table and made it a little heavier. Tons of great stuff both sides.

Personally the only weak Joey album is State of Euphoria, and the only weak John album is Stomp. But even those have a couple killer tunes on them.

I was also worried about where the new Joey albums would go as I was fully on the John bandwagon after WCFA, but the new Joey albums have also been really solid. Tunes like In The End, I'm Alive, Breathing Lightning, Evil Twin, and so on are still awesome tunes that fit in with the catalog. But I do wonder how John would have sounded on them.

I guess it all amounts to Charlie and Scott just being killer metal songwriters that they can make their songs sound with either singer despite how different they are.
    Last edited by bone; 05-01-2018 at 01:35 PM.

vCash

Been listening a lot to that Judas Priest Firepower album. Really good.

But I'm really hooked on an album called Everybody Wants by a UK band called The Struts. Might be the best album I've heard in the last 2-3 years. The singer is like Jagger and Mercury had a love child. The songs are fantastic!

Also been listening too the very good new STP album with their new singer who sounds exactly like Weiland. I mean...exactly. But the tunes are quite good. Always liked STP.
    Last edited by Deathsdoorstep; 07-30-2018 at 03:25 PM.

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

New Alice In Chains album Rainier Fog should be on your must buy list. Guest appearances by Chris Cornell's main writing acoustic guitar (courtesy of his sister), and Queenryche's Chris DeGarmo

I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    New Alice In Chains album Rainier Fog should be on your must buy list. Guest appearances by Chris Cornell's main writing acoustic guitar (courtesy of his sister), and Queenryche's Chris DeGarmo

Really digging Never Fade on this one. Jerry is simply a consistently strong songwriter and it’s nice to see DuVall bringing in some future classics.

vCash
    Blog Entries

I have a question for all the music lovers and music trivia junkies here...

In the song "Paradise By The Dashboard Light"...during the part where the baseball announcer is doing his thing. There's muttering in the background by Meatloaf and The Voice... Does anyone know what the hell they're saying?
    Well, gentlemen, by all means, I think we ought to have an introspective moment of silence for poor old Tin-Tin.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    I have a question for all the music lovers and music trivia junkies here...

In the song "Paradise By The Dashboard Light"...during the part where the baseball announcer is doing his thing. There's muttering in the background by Meatloaf and The Voice... Does anyone know what the hell they're saying?
    Do you mean the grunting and groaning when the couple is making out? I don't think there are any audible words, but I'm not sure.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Do you mean the grunting and groaning when the couple is making out? I don't think there are any audible words, but I'm not sure.
    That's what I thought as well but there are a few words here and there that come out like "am I hurting you?" etc. Wasn't sure if there was an actual script for that part or not because whenever I've seen him perform it live there's definitely some words going back and forth between them.
    Well, gentlemen, by all means, I think we ought to have an introspective moment of silence for poor old Tin-Tin.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    That's what I thought as well but there are a few words here and there that come out like "am I hurting you?" etc. Wasn't sure if there was an actual script for that part or not because whenever I've seen him perform it live there's definitely some words going back and forth between them.
    I've heard lots of stories on the making of that record/track, but haven't heard the details on the dialogue you mention. It would be interesting to find that out.
    There are some great tidbits about the song here:
    http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=1711
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Love the theatrical type crap. Meat, the Moodies, Electric Light, Floyd......
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

ABBA!

vCash

Mamma Mia, how could I miss this!!!!
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

I was shocked!!!

- - - Updated - - -

When I flip through stations in my vehicle and hear an ABBA song on I have to let it play through. Why? Because pizmo!

vCash

I'm not sure if people even put things in their CD players any more, or if they are simply paperweights and places to store stuff your kids made for you in grade one on top of, put here are a couple 2019 releases:

Overkill - The Wings of War: yeah, if you are a thrash metal fan, check this one out. Not everyone's cup of tea, but this had me cranking it in my car and banging my head
    Zebrahead - Brain Invaders: fun punk, kind of picking up where The Offspring used to be. Some generic stuff on here, but also a few tunes that can kick a$$
    Tesla - Shock: Sentimentally checked this out as a hair metal fan from the 80's and 90's. Some bands should just retire and leave their 90's legacy intact. There are a couple decent tunes, but otherwise meh.
    Buckcherry - Warpaint: Pretty generic, but if you are a fan, there are a couple tracks that will catch your attention.
    Children of Bodom - Hexed: Nothing really outstanding on this album, but nothing bad on it either. Never been a huge fan of "melodic death metal", but this album has a lot of thrash and groove metal elements.
    Weezer - (Black album): Okay, this probably seems way out of place compared to the other things I'm listing here, but if you are a Weezer fan, you will not be disappointed. If you are not a Weezer fan, you'll probably shrug your shoulders.
    A Pale Horse Named Death - When The World Becomes Undone: Not a household name, but Alice in Chains fans might want to give this one a spin.
    Papa Roach - Who Do You Trust?: Again, a lot of generic tunes that are easily forgettable, but there are a couple catchy tunes that you'll come back to.
    Skeptik - Voice of Midnight: Not for the faint of heart. If you didn't recognize the above named bands, don't bother with this one. But, if you are craving something a little more nu-metalish, have a listen to this singer and marvel at how he can spit out that many syllables without taking a breath.

vCash

I have my CD collection loaded onto multiple hard drives. The CDs themselves are in boxes, stored in my basement. I acquire almost all of my music now from iTunes and just add it to the collection. That collection is on a thumb drive in my car, as well.

Listening to the new Slash album, which is predictably solid.