Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maas Injured Again?

Opus is offline Then start asking the right ******* questions.

Super Moderator

vCash

Re: Maas Injured Again?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Shizzle
    Thing is, he played with that tear all last year and I seem to recall he did alright (Regina - week 17 aside).

Let's slow down the panic train here. Re-hab takes time but I'm sure they're on top of everything. Given today's technology and the fact we're talking about an athlete (and not "my friend who had the same thing done on his shoulder") in otherwise excellent health, I believe it will be fine. If not, Kahari is still damn decent.
    I hope you're right Shiz, I feel very comfy with Khari as back-up....but if we're going anywhere this year IMO it'll be Maas who takes us there....
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The_Shizzle
    I said returning...nothing about the roster. You guys can't change the rules now

It just makes sense. He hasn't signed anywhere. They usually have 4 arms in camp. Maas is not a gaurantee to be ready. He knows the system.

I'm not changing anything. This is between you two I'm just asking what the defining criteria is to avoid crapola down the road?
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by fishman
    I hope you're right Shiz, I feel very comfy with Khari as back-up....but if we're going anywhere this year IMO it'll be Maas who takes us there....

It all depends on how serious "serious" is
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

Super Moderator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    It all depends on how serious "serious" is
    good question....perhaps we're taking this too seriously

maybe GF2 will have some more info from his mama later.....
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

KnuckleChucker Guest

I for one am gonna wait on official word, if and when it comes then I will panic, cry or jump off a bridge....

vCash

I'll see if I can find out anything.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

good question....perhaps we're taking this too seriously

maybe GF2 will have some more info from his mama later.....
    My g/f will keep me posted...she knows I'd rather hear bad news sooner than later. Soon as I find out anything, I'll let you know.
    We're cheering Fight Fight Fight On Eskimos...

vCash

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash

I dont wanna waste a start a whole new topic for one question but what is the atmosphere like in section z?..i just got season tickets there today

vCash

woops section x

vCash

We should get in on the Doug Flutie bidding, but then there will be alot of people with no vcash.

vCash

10,000 rep points vs. paid for season tickets.

Woah. What a bet of epic and monumental proportions!

vCash

Just got back from the gym, and on my way home I called a friend who is a part of the medical staff to see if he knew anything and he was extremely tight lipped, not confirming or denying anything. All he said is that he might have some news in a day or two. Judging by how he chose his words and by what he didn't say, I don't have a good feeling about this at all.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

I also had a torn labrum which was surgically repaired last September. Unfortunately, form what I was told there is a chance of re-injuring the shoulder by pushing too hard, too fast.
    However, from my own experience, when I was in physiotherapy, there were some days where it hurt quite bad, and others when it wasn't too sore at all. Perhaps, Maas was just having a "sore" day.
    Anyway, IMO, there's no point getting too worried about this until we hear the official word. And if the worst is true, at least we have Khari, and hopefully JJ can be a capable backup.
    But the one thing we know for sure is that Maas is a warrior, and as long as there is no damage to the shoulder, just pain, he'll fight through it.

KnuckleChucker Guest

Upper or lower level Tuck? BTW there is a "Where are your season tickets forum" in the Other section I believe...

vCash

Yikes...this doesn't sound good at all.

Like the rest of you, I'm hoping that it's just a bad day of physio. I guess we'll just wait and see about what happens in a day or two.

If this does amount to something serious, I'm sure glad we signed Khari. I'd much rather have a QB controversy than an injured starter with no reliable and experienced backup.
    "The longer that I'm married, the more I realize that the wife is right" - Angelus, July 24, 2010

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Frito's Fan
    Yikes...this doesn't sound good at all.

Like the rest of you, I'm hoping that it's just a bad day of physio. I guess we'll just wait and see about what happens in a day or two.
    Well that's just it... maybe a bad day of physio now... but it's not exactly the type of news we'd want to hear... and indeed, we likely won't really hear anything 'official' for a while.

What concerns me is that if there is the potential (and that's what I'll label it as at this point) for JM's rehab to take longer than expected. And what about just the right hit from the blind side in 3 months time? If this is a set back then better to let it heal properly... even if that means JM missing the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Frito's Fan
    If this does amount to something serious, I'm sure glad we signed Khari. I'd much rather have a QB controversy than an injured starter with no reliable and experienced backup.
    I'm with you there... I certainly don't want to see anything bad happen to JM... I believe he could be heading for a truly stellar season... but it is some consolation to have a experienced back up... who could be thrust into the #1 spot by default.
    Turf Toe:
    - "...turf toe is a common malady that is more of a nuisance than a serious injury."
    - "Turf toe can often progress into a chronic problem..."
    - "A mild instance of turf toe (grade 1) can be merely aggravating while a serious case (grade 3) can be debilitating."

vCash

This is ****ing horrible...not a good start to my work week

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper_Fire
    JM had a couple of fairly serious tears in the labrum of his shoulder. Essentially, it is a disk of cartilage on the glenoid, or "socket" side of the shoulder joint. The labrum helps stabilize the joint and acts as a "bumper" to limit excessive motion of the humerus, the "ball" side of the shoulder joint.
    I have had it done, and pending on the location & severity, it can be a serious rehab. The labrum holds the humerus securely to the glenoid, almost as if suction were involved - so obviously if its in poor condition, it is almost like having zero strength in your shoulder.
    Cool it with the dirty talk. My kid reads this stuff.

Jedrock43 Guest

Just came from seeing the boys at the stadium weight room... Maas was there- shoulder situation looks pretty grim.. Hopefully the doctor gives him some good news tomorrow...

vCash
    Blog Entries

"No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jedrock43
    Just came from seeing the boys at the stadium weight room... Maas was there- shoulder situation looks pretty grim.. Hopefully the doctor gives him some good news tomorrow...

Awwwwww crap.....
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

sigh

vCash

damn.

Super Moderator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jedrock43
    oh for ****.......where's the beat my head against a wall emoticon.....

vCash

where's the beat my head against a wall emoticon....
    Yeah, that'd be appropriate right about now .
    We're cheering Fight Fight Fight On Eskimos...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo fan 2
    Yeah, that'd be appropriate right about now .

along with a bawling emoticon, bashing head emoticon and a i'm-going-to-be-sick emoticon...

vCash

Man i feel bad for Jason, he seems to get injuries at every worst possible time of his career, he is a good QB i hope he catches a break, he needs one.

vCash

This does suck. But the guy is tough and all we can do is hope that he pulls through in the end.

vCash

^what he and ^^ said.