Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Esks to play magic Flutie?

vCash

Re: Esks to play magic Flutie?

Thats a real blow. Jason is a competitor. That being said its gonna be interesting to see what happens in acquisitions/trades before TC. I think if Dougie comes back to the CFL it will be with Hamilton, so that leaves Khari back in the starting role come opening day. All in the CFL's wild west.
    I told those f***s down at the league office a thousand times that I don't roll on Shabbos!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jedrock43
    Just came back from seeing the boys at the stadium again.. Saw Jason again... he (Jason) went to the doctor to have his shoulder looked at this morning--Jason's shoulder looks pretty bad.. I guess he is due to undergo labrum surgery (scope) on his throwing arm within the next few days.. The mood is pretty glum down there right now..

From what the orthopod says it looks like a tear.
    Does this mean a few extra months onto his rehab schedule or possibly even lose him for the entire season???

He's never gonna garner any respect if he can't do a back-to-back season..

vCash
    Blog Entries

Just came back from seeing the boys at the stadium again.. Saw Jason again... he (Jason) went to the doctor to have his shoulder looked at this morning--Jason's shoulder looks pretty bad.. I guess he is due to undergo labrum surgery (scope) on his throwing arm within the next few days.. The mood is pretty glum down there right now..

Man, Jason just can't get a break. He puts together an amazing season, fully entrenching himself in the #1 position, earns the respect of almost the entire city, then this happens.

Brutal.

I'm lost for words.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

A tear is pretty freaken serious, the shoulder joint is a very mobile area so to get a tear in there means some serious damage had to have been done, and because of the range of motion you require from your shoulder, I would suspect he might even miss up to half a season (or more) depending on how well the healing goes. If I am reading this properly Jed said it was his shoulder joint capsule, now from what I remember from an Anatomy class (I could very well be wrong) is that this is made largely of hyaline (articular) cartilage which would serve as a problem because blood doesn't flow to areas like this, it is like the knee joint, where for example you blow out your meniscus which provides support and reduces friction and cant be repaired without serious surgery. I would compare this to almost a blown out knee if that is the case, which means he could be out quite some time. Now I know the knee can rebound and be stronger after, but this joint obviously has a much larger range of motion, so I don't know if something like that can ever be fully "healed"

Anyway, just my take, I could be way off

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Thanks for making all feel better..............
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    Thanks for making all feel better..............
    Sorry man, again I could be very wrong I am not a doctor

I don't get any joy out of seeing guys who give there all being injured, so I feel bad for the guy.

vCash
    you have got to be joking me.....

lets get Wilkie out of retirement while we're at it....

or Dunigan. I heard he's looking for a job.

vCash

I just spoke to the old man who a doctor and asked him about this sort of thing, so I'll give you guys the run down so you can get a better idea of what is involved.

The surgery that Jason would receive is not the regular surgery where the shoulder just gets opened up, but instead they put a scope in there with a camera and basically stitch it up through that. So if there is in fact a tear, if it is not such a serious tear it should heal in 3 months, however for a more serious tear it could last up to 6 months.
    Remember this is all if there is in fact a tear, but Jed said that was the suspicion, so thats what I'm going by.
    I told those f***s down at the league office a thousand times that I don't roll on Shabbos!

vCash

Crap. This is not good.
    We're cheering Fight Fight Fight On Eskimos...

vCash

Jed did say last night that things weren't looking good with JM. I have word today he's being re-evaluated but nothing else. Gizfan2 has to break out the thumbscrews on his g/f's buddy.
    I'll do my best, but I get the impression that that's all they know, as my g/f asked her friend to keep her posted if JM came back in. My guess is he would leave the rehab for a few days until he's sure of what exactly this is.

Jed probably has a better idea of things at this point in time.
    We're cheering Fight Fight Fight On Eskimos...

vCash

I just can't see it happening, I really can't. Can you imagine how people would freak if it did though?
    Like Rider fans you mean?

I can hear the Cap whining now....
    "ArgoDave is God!!" - Jedrock43

vCash

This is terrible news.

Now I'm wondering if perhaps the Eskimos management knew that Jason's rehab wasn't progressing quite so well when they signed Khari. Although this recent setback seems like a one time incident, his shoulder obviously wasn't healed as well as it should have been in order for it to tear in the first place.

As far as Flutie goes, I'm not really sure what to think. If he does end up coming back here, would he be able to adjust to the CFL game after such a long absence? Does he still have what it takes to be a decent QB in the CFL, despite his seemingly endless supply from the fountain of youth? From the sounds of things, he's obviously considering coming to Edmonton, but it's just one option, as he's also looking at Hamilton and may still be considering NFL possibilities. There are too many question marks at this point, but it will definitely be interesting to see what happens...
    "The longer that I'm married, the more I realize that the wife is right" - Angelus, July 24, 2010

vCash

There is one month until training camp and 2 months or so until the season starts. So hopefully this will give JM enough time to get better. Even if it means missing the first game of the season. The thing I wonder about is what if Maas does have to miss a couple games and Khari looks brilliant. Then Maas is able to come back. What do you do?

vCash

The thing I wonder about is what if Maas does have to miss a couple games and Khari looks brilliant. Then Maas is able to come back. What do you do?[/QUOTE]

One of the things that has always impressed me about the Eskimos is their history of employing two good quarterbacks. If Jones were to start and impress (which would be great if that were the case) you go with the hot hand. It is a long season though, and anything can happen. Quarterbacks get hot, quarterbacks get cold. I think Jones is very capable. I thought he did a decent job in Calgary the short time he was there. They looked more confident offensively with Jones than without him. Jones always gave Edmonton a good game when he was in Winnipeg. Having a good team around him won't hurt his chances for success in Edmonton either. It would be tough without Maas though. I really feel for the guy. Talk about your bad luck cases!
    Eric Tillman, the George W. Bush of the CFL.

vCash

KJ has some good recievers, but he might be shell shocked with another average O-line, and no established running game, thats what I would worry about.

vCash

I can't speak about the running game, but I think the O'Line will be far from average, and alot better than the patchwork quilts he has played behind for the last 2 years.

vCash

I disagree, Jason Maas took a beating last year. It is average IMO

vCash

It will be better, it has to.
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GeeBrr
    KJ has some good recievers, but he might be shell shocked with another average O-line, and no established running game, thats what I would worry about.
    Yes, that running game is a real question mark isn't it? And the O-line, that was brutal last year! Here's an idea, bring in Flutie then CONVERT him to runningback (then he can wear number 22), OR bring in Flutie then TRADE him somewhere for some good O-linemen and a decent runningback.
    Eric Tillman, the George W. Bush of the CFL.

vCash

It will be better, it has to.
    I agree that it has to be better, one would think Beaton can improve the line a little at least

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by wildwest
    I can't speak about the running game, but I think the O'Line will be far from average, and alot better than the patchwork quilts he has played behind for the last 2 years.
    I've got a bad feeling the o-line is in seriously rough shape. There are rumblings from a couple people I know who are close to some of the players that there will be some big name linemen questionable for the entire season.
    Hope I am wrong, but these sources are usually correct.

vCash

I think adding an all star would help yeah
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Bagpipe
    I've got a bad feeling the o-line is in seriously rough shape. There are rumblings from a couple people I know who are close to some of the players that there will be some big name linemen questionable for the entire season.
    Hope I am wrong, but these sources are usually correct.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Beaton and Morris share plaing time with McGrath and perhaps Carson.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Holy Krapp you guys... chill a bit!! C'mon now... I'm just trying to tell it like I hear it. sheesh.

I'll be the first to say that this all sounded a bit far fetched. But if someone tells me something... someone who I can trust... I have to take it at face value. With that said, all this means at this time is that there may be something to this rumour. Period.

For all we know JM's rehab situation and a potential Flutie return to the CFL could well be mutually exclusive (Hamilton is more than interested).

I know I said Flutie coming to Edm but let me see what info I can dig up tomorrow... damn work gets in the way of all the fun stuff. I've told my friend to check out this site.

damn... it makes me wonder if I should have even bothered to post this.
    Turf Toe:
    - "...turf toe is a common malady that is more of a nuisance than a serious injury."
    - "Turf toe can often progress into a chronic problem..."
    - "A mild instance of turf toe (grade 1) can be merely aggravating while a serious case (grade 3) can be debilitating."

vCash

MMMMMMMMMMM could that be true? What if?

vCash

I'm just very, very disappointed in this news.

He'll be gone probably 3 months, but I'm guessin he'll actually be ready for game action by labour day.

Our chances to finish 1st just dramatically lowered today.

Jed: How come you're posting confidential information to us. Sure I would love insider information, but do you think the Esks organization would be pleased about it if they knew you were posting confidential information on a internet message board? It's might not be ethical....

Jedrock43 Guest

Good point.

Thanks for making me think.

That's all from me on this topic.
    Last edited by Jedrock43; 03-30-2005 at 11:53 PM.

vCash

Please don't flame me because I'm a huge Ricky Ray fan. I don't want to be accused of being opportunistic here because I love Jason as well and am really sorry to hear about this news. I saw him at the sportsman show and he signed autographs for my two little girls and they were thrilled. But the fact remains that once a QB has a shoulder injury he is never the same again. Not only is the range of motion seldom as good as before but even more, his head will never be the same. Every deep throw and every inclination to sprint with the ball when the receivers are covered will bring pangs of fear about re injury. Not to mention the fact that there are an abundance of low lifes (most of them on the Montreal allouettes) who study injuries and attack them like a pit bull on a bloody steak. Jason already, in my opinion, will have a huge freaking bullseye on his shoulder. So back to my opening sentence. Why not open the wallet for Ricky Ray. If I were the Esks I'd re-establish ties with RR and see if I could lure him away from the practise roster. Flutie would want a whack of cash and frankly, I'd rather spend the money on RR. If we signed Flutie it would just piss the whole world off at the Esks and motivate more teams against us than already are. With RR..... at least we discovered him when no on else did and we'd suffer less scrutiny because of it. Afterall, I don't want the Esks to be accused of being Argonaut like. There last 3 cups were purchased by obtaining QB's that other's developed and could no longer afford. As a matter of fact, the Argo's couldn't afford them either. They just get us to pay their bills for them.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain
    Please don't flame me because I'm a huge Ricky Ray fan. I don't want to be accused of being opportunistic here because I love Jason as well and am really sorry to hear about this news. I saw him at the sportsman show and he signed autographs for my two little girls and they were thrilled. But the fact remains that once a QB has a shoulder injury he is never the same again. Not only is the range of motion seldom as good as before but even more, his head will never be the same. Every deep throw and every inclination to sprint with the ball when the receivers are covered will bring pangs of fear about re injury. Not to mention the fact that there are an abundance of low lifes (most of them on the Montreal allouettes) who study injuries and attack them like a pit bull on a bloody steak. Jason already, in my opinion, will have a huge freaking bullseye on his shoulder. So back to my opening sentence. Why not open the wallet for Ricky Ray. If I were the Esks I'd re-establish ties with RR and see if I could lure him away from the practise roster. Flutie would want a whack of cash and frankly, I'd rather spend the money on RR. If we signed Flutie it would just piss the whole world off at the Esks and motivate more teams against us than already are. With RR..... at least we discovered him when no on else did and we'd suffer less scrutiny because of it. Afterall, I don't want the Esks to be accused of being Argonaut like. There last 3 cups were purchased by obtaining QB's that other's developed and could no longer afford. As a matter of fact, the Argo's couldn't afford them either. They just get us to pay their bills for them.
    Maas is a warrior though. He's rebounded well after 2 major back surgeries. I have no doubts he'll return to his original form.

vCash

Good point.

Thanks for making me think.

That's all from me on this topic.
    I have a feeling I'm going to be unpopular until the official word comes out