Thread: Official Rider/Ticat Thread?

vCash

Event Official Rider/Ticat Thread?

Unfortunately I cannot watch the game, so anyone out there care to share their thoughts on the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxy
    If his moral character isn't good enough for the goddamn Saskatchewan Roughriders, it sure as hell isn't good enough for the Green and Gold.
    Interesting that it was the Riders who moaned and bitched for a salary cap, and since a cap was put in place for them, they only years they've won they broke the salary cap rules.

Inquiring Mind is offline We're looking for dick to floor. Let's call that D2F

2009 & 2014 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Re: Official Rider/Ticat Thread?

I can't see it either... and there is no way I'm attending in weather like this.

8-3 Ti-Cats at the moment, but the Riders are first and goal on the one after a huge return and fumble that went out at the one. Sounds like the wind is playing a major factor tonight... no surpise there, welcome to Regina.

vCash

Riders punch it in, but bad snap on the convert... 9-8 Riders
    Last edited by Inquiring Mind; 07-17-2005 at 05:07 PM.

vCash

Riders up by 12 with about 8 minutes left. You can really see the O-line differnence. Greene is getting decades to throw and on most running plays there is at least a reasonable whole for the RB. The Riders have the best OL in the league so I don't expect us to be up to that standard but boy what a difference from theirs to ours.

vCash

Riders runnin away with this one, but I see the Stamps winnin next game against the riders next week. Flanders will diddly dang get this team ready for next week

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Boozers
    Riders runnin away with this one, but I see the Stamps winnin next game against the riders next week. Flanders will diddly dang get this team ready for next week
    That's a tough call. I'm tempted to say that would be extremely sweet (to see the Riders get beat by the Stamps ) however it goes against everything I believe in to hope for a Calgary win in any sport. Maybe I'll pull for a tie. Or possibility cancellation of the game because of frog plagues.
    If his moral character isn't good enough for the goddamn Saskatchewan Roughriders, it sure as hell isn't good enough for the Green and Gold.
    Interesting that it was the Riders who moaned and bitched for a salary cap, and since a cap was put in place for them, they only years they've won they broke the salary cap rules.

vCash

I was picking Calgary to upset too.... until I watched their game last night

vCash

Hamilton sucks ass plain and simple. They dont have a defence. Not to take anything away from the Riders(who BTW, didnt look so hot either)but Hamilton is not going to be very good this year. I thought maybe coming off a bye week and having some guys back from injury would have helped. Although maybe the weather played a role in this game.

vCash

Riders up by 12 with about 8 minutes left. You can really see the O-line differnence. Greene is getting decades to throw and on most running plays there is at least a reasonable whole for the RB. The Riders have the best OL in the league so I don't expect us to be up to that standard but boy what a difference from theirs to ours.

Thanks beerfish! It all starts at the O-line.

vCash

Well, it looked like a game played in Rainy windy conditions with 7 starters out! Not pretty at all as i think the score flatters the Riders a bit, but it was a good overall team effort, and I respect that! They did what they had to do.
    I told those f***s down at the league office a thousand times that I don't roll on Shabbos!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish
    Its a learning curve with the Eskimos right now. In time I think this O line could be the best in the league. Last year they sucked. This year they have improved slightly and it will most likely only get better.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by esks4life
    Its a learning curve with the Eskimos right now. In time I think this O line could be the best in the league. Last year they sucked. This year they have improved slightly and it will most likely only get better.
    No doubt if you can keep the core together for the next two years they will be good.
    I told those f***s down at the league office a thousand times that I don't roll on Shabbos!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by esks4life
    I don't know, why should there be a learning curve the only real non vet in there right now is McGrath. I am more worried about age catching up with a couple of the guys than otherwise. In anycase we are 3-1 and do have an easier sched to start the season. They need to pick it up in the 2nd half of the sched when things get much tougher.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish
    I don't know, why should there be a learning curve the only real non vet in there right now is McGrath.
    Carson is a young pup in there too isn't he??

vCash

Carson isn't young anymore..

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by griswold
    That's a tough call. I'm tempted to say that would be extremely sweet (to see the Riders get beat by the Stamps ) however it goes against everything I believe in to hope for a Calgary win in any sport. Maybe I'll pull for a tie. Or possibility cancellation of the game because of frog plagues.
    (tm)

I think there might be a better possibility of the frog plagues than a CGY win over SSK, if last night's game vs OTT is any indication .
    We're cheering Fight Fight Fight On Eskimos...

vCash
    Blog Entries

Notes: Seven Saskatchewan starters sat out: running back Kenton Keith (bruised sternum), receivers Matt Dominguez (torn knee ligament) and Karsten Bailey (sprained ankle), centre Jeremy O'Day (torn knee ligament), defensive tackle Nate Davis (sore back), linebacker Jackie Mitchell (groin pull) and cornerback McCalla (hamstring).

With that many starters out of your lineup you shouldn't be able to beat a team by 19...the TigerCats are in deep poopoo if they don't manage to somehow to shock BC next week.

vCash

Ottawa is better than Hamilton because Kerry tops the down-and-out McManus.

Khari would be the first thought for a fix in Hamilton. I wouldn't be surprised to see them looking toward Maas either.

vCash

One thing I wanted to mention about the broadcast...on the first couple of passing plays....the camera shot didn't move. The shot was locked on the quarterback...and the viewer is left wondering if the pass was complete or not. This happened about three times. Has this camera person ever BEENto a football game before?
    And this hasn't been the first time this has happened in the last couple of years. There have been similar problems from time to time with CBC as well. Brutal.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Dr. EE
    Notes: Seven Saskatchewan starters sat out: running back Kenton Keith (bruised sternum), receivers Matt Dominguez (torn knee ligament) and Karsten Bailey (sprained ankle), centre Jeremy O'Day (torn knee ligament), defensive tackle Nate Davis (sore back), linebacker Jackie Mitchell (groin pull) and cornerback McCalla (hamstring).

With that many starters out of your lineup you shouldn't be able to beat a team by 19...the TigerCats are in deep poopoo if they don't manage to somehow to shock BC next week.
    Their only chance at shocking B.C. is to run some bare 120 volt wires under the bench.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Chucker44
    Ottawa is better than Hamilton because Kerry tops the down-and-out McManus.

Khari would be the first thought for a fix in Hamilton. I wouldn't be surprised to see them looking toward Maas either.
    Don't look at Maas, don't think Maas, don't even say any words that sound like Maas. I will be absolutely disappointed in the Eskimo organization if they even contimplate trading Maas.

vCash

Well, I said they may be looking to get Maas not that we'd give up Maas. Who would we want in return from the T-Cats who can't afford to loose any of the what little talent they have?

vCash

So Marshall takes a team that had nowhere to go but up and gets a coach of the year award. Pinball keeps his team from disintegrating for 3 years and gets squat.

Now this season we'll see if Marshall was truly deserving of his award.
    Turf Toe:
    - "...turf toe is a common malady that is more of a nuisance than a serious injury."
    - "Turf toe can often progress into a chronic problem..."
    - "A mild instance of turf toe (grade 1) can be merely aggravating while a serious case (grade 3) can be debilitating."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TurfToe
    So Marshall takes a team that had nowhere to go but up and gets a coach of the year award. Pinball keeps his team from disintegrating for 3 years and gets squat.

I think we are already starting to get the answer to that question!! Right now, Marshall has his hands full trying to keep the ship afloat and apparently he is taking on more water than he can get rid of...!

To me it was never about what I accomplished on the football field, it was about the way I played the game.
    -Jerry Rice

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TurfToe

Absolutely. If Marshall is truly worthy of the award, he might realize that McManus is better off calling his own plays instead of getting them from the sidelines. The wideside screen or 2 yard out simply doesn't work anymore; time to start looking downfield a little more often.