Page 189 of 189 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189
Results 5,641 to 5,645 of 5645

Thread: The Movie Mega-Thread

vCash

Re: The Movie Mega-Thread

I love the Godfather, some scenes are simply cinematic classics. I can't see where there is any comparison here.

Both Marvel and DC have made some great movies, and some stinkers. This movie is overly long and tedious, and wouldn't sit in the top 20 Marvel movies nor in the top ten DC. DC arguably has much more famous characters to work with, but comparing the trajectory of Marvel vs DC, watching the Snyder cut of Justice League makes what Marvel did even more impressive.
    Last edited by nafnikufesin; 03-22-2021 at 09:39 AM.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Sorry for any confusion, I wasn't saying the Snyder cut is comparable to the Godfather by ANY stretch of the imagination. Eek. The point I was trying to make is while some people think it's the greatest thing since latex, others will find it pretentious and boring.
    Once an Eskimo, ALWAYS an Eskimo.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Sorry for any confusion, I wasn't saying the Snyder cut is comparable to the Godfather by ANY stretch of the imagination. Eek. The point I was trying to make is while some people think it's the greatest thing since latex, others will find it pretentious and boring.
    Come on now, very few movies are going to beat latex, and those movies usually involve a lot of latex.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nafnikufesin View Post
    Come on now, very few movies are going to beat latex, and those movies usually involve a lot of latex.
    Underworld series...
    Resident Evil series...
    Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back

So many wonderful movies out there...

vCash
    Blog Entries

TW and I watched Hot Shots! the other night and holy cow!!! First off, still funny as f*ck!!! Second, there is NO way that movie gets made today. The rampant racism, stereotypes and scapegoating are just so over the top that you can't believe what you're watching. This, The Naked Gun, Airplane!, all of them just would push the limits so far now. (Which is really sad but I understand) If you want a shock, go back and watch Harlem Nights. Oof. It did NOT age well.