Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The Official Grey Cup Thread

vCash

Re: The Official Grey Cup Thread

Wow...what a game.
    Vindication for Ray and maturation of DM really stand out in my mind.
    I called out DM about half way through the season and I have to say that he has made me a believer. I am amazed that a rookie head coach can have such a feel for a team and seemingly make the right decision in terms of personel...every time. Hats off to this team but especially to DM and RR.

vCash

I keep saying WE WON all the time now. I can't stop he he he
    If we were put on this earth to help others, what were the others put on earth for?

Pitfall Harry Guest

Quote Originally Posted by E-Town Pride
    FANS? A near record 59,000 stood on their feet all night. You could hear the boos when Paul Martin tried to steal the spotlight, and the cheers were loud enough to draw several illegal procedures. The fans were into all night!
    That's right. The boos were so loud Paul Martin had to raise his knee for the guy to hand him the coin.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Pitfall Harry
    That's right. The boos were so loud Paul Martin had to raise his knee for the guy to hand him the coin.
    I guess if that's the first unofficial poll of the new election then things aren't looking good for Paul.

I'll bet Harper smiled.

vCash

They had a bit to say about the booing in the Toronto Sun today. Quite a good write up about the game I might add. Great picture of the handstand LOL....... Of course I bought one Gotta save the pics in honor of my first cup and induction to the EE

6. Re: The Official Grey Cup Thread

Well, I've never been type to stay clear of giving credit where credit is due.

Congrats to Eskimos and fans. A GC OT game --- can't get any closer. Both teams played hard, lots of spectacular plays. But at half-time, I was wondering if they'd ever get going.

I remember Lee or Walby saying late in game that collars were tightening. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd bet it was more than collars that were tightening up before 4th qtr and during OT.

Could have gone either way --- but at least no one can beetch about a missed officials' that may or may not have decided outcome.

Not a bad result for a team with a QB "controversy", where the rookie HC was on hot seat all season, complaints about a porous O-line and before Davis, no running game. They definitely got it rolling when they needed too. I'm glad that Ray didn't have to go thru humiliation of being yanked once again.

But Maurer as Top Canadian??? Pullleeeze! Maybe for "Best Performance by a not-really-injured player ...."

I hope tho, as I expect most Eks fans realize, that game could have just as easily gone the other way. And no, I wouldn't be gloating then either --- well, maybe one Ha Ha.

Seven mths of hibernation and gearing up for another go at it .
    Thank You. Finally, someone who makes sense. No wonder I bought your book.: SOLAR MAX

Opus is offline Then start asking the right ******* questions.

Super Moderator

vCash

get working on that new chapter
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.