Thread: Premium Sports viewing options in Edmonton?

vCash

Ask Premium Sports viewing options in Edmonton?

I know this may be off topic but I don't know where to post it. I heard that one can watch the Oilers game on something called "Center Ice". I discovered its a premium channel on the Direct TV satellite. I tried to call them but the phone was busy all the time.

How much does it cost to get this channel? I don't have satellite but would like to get it if it means I can watch more NHL games. Does Shaw have a good channel for this. The NHL network is all about old games there.

What other sports viewing options are there in E-town, except for the regular channels? I guess I can go to the Sports Bars but I find them too noisy and uncomfortable.
    If we were put on this earth to help others, what were the others put on earth for?

vCash

Re: Premium Sports viewing options in Edmonton?

personally I don't have satellite, but I do believe that "centre ice" is a package offered by Expressvu which claims to have every NHL game played. But I have never heard about one from DirectTV.

vCash

Getting the Centre Ice package now would be a waste since the season is almost done. But I think it's about $189.00+tax for a full season and $89.00+tax for half a season. It's definately through Bell Express Vu. Not sure who else offers it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by esks4life
    Getting the Centre Ice package now would be a waste since the season is almost done. But I think it's about $189.00+tax for a full season and $89.00+tax for half a season. It's definately through Bell Express Vu. Not sure who else offers it.

Can you watch every game though? I'd get satellite in time for next season if that was the case...
    Go Eskies!

vCash

Direct TV is for getting the centre ice package in the U.S. while Bell is for Canada.

edit: link- http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/centerice/index.html

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bceskiesfan
    Can you watch every game though? I'd get satellite in time for next season if that was the case...
    Yep. I don't think alot of people watch all the games though cause really who cares about watching Florida vs. Anaheim.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by esks4life
    Yep. I don't think alot of people watch all the games though cause really who cares about watching Florida vs. Anaheim.

It would still be nice to have that option I guess. At the same time though, you have to watch enough games to justify spending the money on the package in the first place.
    Go Eskies!

vCash
    Blog Entries

If Shaw offered it, I'd get it.

But they don't.

So I can't.
    "No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you." - Bo Burnham

vCash

The Centre Ice Package is also offered through Rogers in Ontario, but you need to have Digital Cable (or Satellite, in the case of Bell) to receive it. It costs about $200 per year (maybe more) and allows you access to virtually every NHL game for the entire season.

I purchased it a few seasons ago so that I could watch all of the Oilers game (since very few are accessible in Ontario). The only reason I haven't continued to buy it is because I've been so busy in the last few years that I know I wouldn't be able to watch very many games regardless of whether or not I had Centre Ice.
    "The longer that I'm married, the more I realize that the wife is right" - Angelus, July 24, 2010

vCash

Bell Express Vu, Rogers Digital, Cogeco Cable, and Access.

We got a free month of it at home in Regina through Access and its great. Every single game.

Shaw should really get on it. I'd upgrade to digital if they had centre ice.
    I told those f***s down at the league office a thousand times that I don't roll on Shabbos!